Yuki Yuna is a Hero: The Great Mankai Chapter

Discussion in 'Currently Airing Anime' started by Zed, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Zed

Zed Database Moderator

Posted by Zed on Oct 1, 2021
  2. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Oct 1, 2021
    Not even a thread until the day of airing? I suppose I wasn't the only one to forget about this IP.

3. AardvarkRex

AardvarkRex Well-Known Member

First ep and I'm already confused as shit. Is this supposed to be a sequel to the Hero chapter? I thought the Land gods there went full kamikaze against the assholish Heavenly gods and so the remaining people will now have to survive on their own without the divine protection. But this ep didn't feel like a continuation of that at all.

4. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Oct 2, 2021
    No it's not. The beginning of the episode flashback'd to season 1's conclusion, so it must take place after that.

AardvarkRex likes this.
  5. AardvarkRex

AardvarkRex Well-Known Member

So if I got the timing correctly, this is taking place right before s2 and is just a side story with new chars who ultimately won't matter (since we already know how s2 plays out). Kinda disappointing...

EDIT: I guess this is an adaptation of KuMeYu per this chart

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  6. ManThing

ManThing New Member

Really? I'm pretty sure the whole thing with Yuna becoming a sacrifice was what happened after. I'm pretty confused myself but I believe the events in this season are taking place during season 2's plot, with little intervention by the main cast. Either that or we misinterpreted something in the second season and that hellish void thing didn't completely disappear as the the main consequence of season 2 was their god going "ight imma head out". I'm pretty sure the talk about planting a tree in episode 2 would be an indicator of this as I'm pretty sure that's how they expand habitable territory.

But I haven't read the source material and I'm quite confused myself. If this does happen around the same time as season 2 though it'll be interesting to to see how these new characters, if they survive, will react to the new beginning that will be forged for them.