Yu Yu Hakusho Gets New Animated Work

Oh my god.

I KNEW THIS WAS HAPPENING. There has been so much new YYH news this year. The events, the posters, cafes, collabs. I've been talking to everyone about the possibly of something coming up for the series. The information still seems vague, it could be something more than just "new animation". And even if it's just new animation, I am fucking pumped.

Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter x Hunter are my top two. For both of them to get reworked is an absolute dream come true. If it truly is just a new release of the blu-rays, I will absolutely buy it despite already owning the entire series.

I am never been more excited.

EDIT: Also, Fuck. Off. Pierrot. I swear to fuck. They've ruined so much for me. Do not touch this.

EDIT: I also got too excited. It seems like it's going to be a special included with the new box set. I know better than to get too excited without reading through everything first... but still, this is good. I will take it. I will buy the box set.

Last edited:
A remake would be a gross exercise in redundancy. Just because something is "old" doesn't mean it needs to be rescued by shiny new visuals and 20-something voice actors.

Flame of Recca however...

A remake would be a gross exercise in redundancy. Just because something is "old" doesn't mean it needs to be rescued by shiny new visuals and 20-something voice actors.

Flame of Recca however...
It's true that YYH doesn't absolutely need a remake. The story and pacing were fine, and it followed the manga well, but the animation was quite lacking for the most part. It looked good at times, but it was never consistent and suffered immensely during a few crucial battles. I often like to imagine how the Hiei vs. Bui fight would look if done today.

I'm sure there are other candidates more suited for a remake, but I'd still be happy with shiny new animation for YYH. It is my favorite series, after all. I'd be terribly hurt if the original cast didn't return and they replaced the opening, though...

Buuuut it's not happening. I'm going to be happy with what we're getting. I never expected a new special.

[QUOTE="CommanderKarasu, post: 1924411, member: 17998"I'd be terribly hurt if the original cast didn't return[/QUOTE]
Japanese or American? This is important.

Back