Yowamushi Pedal: Glory Line

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by chii, Aug 31, 2017.

1. chii

chii Well-Known Member

Posted by chii on Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  2. sanane

sanane Well-Known Member

Posted by sanane on Jan 1, 2018
    When does it start airing?

3. Nicknames

Nicknames Database Moderator

A bit late, but it started 2 days ago

sanane likes this.
  4. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Jan 10, 2018
    Man, I can't even be assed to start this season, and forgot this was even a thing. My enthusiasm just got killed too much by the previous season.

ZetsubouKaiji likes this.
  5. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

I keep reading the title as Glory Hole and thinking that this season is going to be a massive change in direction.

The first episode was alright.
    It's always a bit weird to come back in the middle of a race, so most of the episode is reminder of what was going on at the end of last season, but I'm looking forward to the next episodes a bit because Naruko and Imaizumi are going to be featured. I just find the old cast more interesting than most of the new characters, so I'll be glad to watch some old faces go all out.

6. renorxukuth

renorxukuth Well-Known Member

Episode 1
    So there is one of the team saying "niku" which is meat and that's what it is in the manga but the anime has changed it to "muscle" which kind of lessons the creepy factor. Still, I'm kinda glad the Streetfighter esque cycle anime is back, even if the positions some of the riders take are pretty ridiculous, like the head over the front wheel or down towards the side and the ground. I dunno..anyways here it is.

7. Nicknames

Episode 1

Was I the only one that was grossed out by Kuroda's jelly muscles? They were weird af

Actually "kinniku" means muscle, so he might have said "niku" just to shorten it (and given his muscle fetish it fits him more to say muscle than meat)

ZetsubouKaiji and renorxukuth like this.
  8. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

Posted by sothis on Jan 11, 2018
    Ep 1 is now available to watch on A-P!

sanane and Nicknames like this.
  9. renorxukuth

renorxukuth Well-Known Member

Episode 2
    Imazumi and Naruko make for an interesting if chaotic team. Mostly arguing all the time, throwing off the enemy team I guess, although if anyone knows them best it should be Hakone I would think. Also Naruko and some of the others with the over stylized combo like names for their techniques is ridiculous. And then there is Kyoto-Fushimi, I dont even know where to start with that, except, Zaku.

10. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

05:

I think I just have to admit that I'm over this show. If
    Midousuji and Naruko racing for the finish line isn't enough to get me excited anymore, then I don't know what will. It's not like the show is suddenly doing something different. I think I'd appreciate things more if it were doing something different. Watching this episode all I could think is I'm tired of Midousuji's usual shtick and listening to Naruko ramble on about being flashy for the millionth time has lost its appeal. The simple characters were part of the show's charm, but now it seems the show has run out of interesting things to do with them.

The new characters are hardly interesting enough to warrant a mention. Cat Legs tearing up his shoulders to on the corners and then violently crashing was too over the top even for this show. In the first season a bad crash like that left Kinjou seriously injured.

It's just the same thing over and over again at this point.

11. sanane

sanane Well-Known Member

Posted by sanane on May 3, 2018
    Ep 15
    Seeing Hakone bastards win every single race sickens me. This season is really getting boring.

yoichiswhore likes this.
  12. Nicknames

Episode 22

Boy those were the longest 50 mts of my life

I just hope we are already over with the unnecessary backstories or else another season would be needed just to cover the last day of the Inter-High :seriously:

sanane likes this.
  13. tacocombo

tacocombo New Member

Manami wearing that "Best Boy" hat that Sakamichi's mom gave him will never get old.

AniOta925 and sanane like this.
  14. Scruffy8642

Scruffy8642 Active Member

With as many problems as I have with this series since it progressed into the second year, I have to say god it has some amazing charm and hype. The characters are just so damn quirky and loveable, and they give the series so much life. And in the big moments we almost get Dragon Ball levels of yelling and poor pacing. But even so, I just couldn't tear myself away from it, it's like a drug.

This show really knows how to hit all the right notes.
    4.5/5. Better than New Gen, but not as good as the first two seasons.

yoichiswhore likes this.
  15. Schizm

Schizm Well-Known Member

Aaaand I finally remembered that I had stalled this show after 3 episodes for reasons others have mentioned already. Just dropped it and in no way feel like I'm missing something.

16. AniOta925

AniOta925 New Member

It'll get better, with the other episodes. Also idk how to look at comments/see if people are online on here. :sweat:

MilissaSexclub and sanane like this.
  17. sanane

sanane Well-Known Member

Posted by sanane on Nov 6, 2020
    That, it surely did.

Midosuji's victory speech really made me laugh.

I hope we will see a new season.

MilissaSexclub likes this.