Your Favourite Anime

Discussion in 'Anime Recommendations' started by Franzi, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Ebonyslayer

Ebonyslayer Well-Known Member

You should start with the very first one that was made, the first Mobile Suit Gundam. https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/mobile-suit-gundam
    And if you are going to invest into MSG, the era that I think the best to get into would be the zero century or universal century as others would call it. But whatever you do, do not watch Victory Gundam. Other than that, I think you're good to go. https://gundam.fandom.com/wiki/Universal_Century

Franzi and RascaI like this.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  2. Franzi

Franzi Member

Thanks so much for the advice! I promise that I'll stay away from Victory Gundam xxx

Ebonyslayer likes this.
  3. GeorgeJeff

GeorgeJeff New Member

Hunter x Hunter is definitely the most amazing show I have watched

Ebonyslayer and Franzi like this.
  4. Ayrewick

Ayrewick New Member

My overall top 5 Anime (series) with bad an explanation of why I like them is:

1. Sword Art Online - Yes, I know... It is hated by most but I really love the aspect of the MC being trapped in a game and is already OP.
    2. My Neighbor Totoro - My first Anime I've fully watched and the best Studio Ghibli movie in my opinion. I don't really know why I like it - probably due to Totoro.
    3. King's Avatar - One of the best Chinese Animation ever made and one of the first Anime I've watched that is based on eSports. The animation quality is outstanding and it features many fictional eSports teams competing to win.
    4. My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU - One of the best slice of life romantic comedy I've watched, each character is well developed in the anime.
    5. Dr. Stone - I like the aspect of the world skipping 3,700 years in the future with most of humanity still stone statues and the MC is overly powerful in terms of knowledge.

It's extremely hard making a top 5 list for some reason.

4th, Franzi and Ebonyslayer like this.
  5. PurplePapaPuff

PurplePapaPuff New Member

just watch i want to eat your pancreas

4th and Franzi like this.
  6. 4th

4th New Member

Posted by 4th on Sep 20, 2020
    Check out some old school if you haven't
    Rerouni Kenshin
    Ninja Scroll
    Yuyu Hakusho
    Evangelion
    Dragon Ball

Franzi likes this.
  7. Kash30

Kash30 New Member

my top 5 are:
    • Steins;Gate
    • Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
    • Darker Than Black
    • Re:ZERO - Starting Life In Another World
    I guess they are pretty generic by now XD some suggestions would be:
    • Food Wars!
    • Durarara!
    • Dororo (2019)
    • The Rising of the Shield Hero
    • Tales of Zestiria
    • Re:Creators

Franzi likes this.
  8. QuiqueOsse

QuiqueOsse Member

Hey there, here I go, I hope you enjoy my recommendations:
    1. Bokurano, a group of children are asked to participate in a game that supposedly will save the Earth, after the first round though real consequences take place and one by one, each child is chosen to be the pilot of a mecha protecting their home planet or attacking other mechas.
    2. Mushishi, the main character Ginko can feel and see invisible creatures called mushi that surround the human daily life naturally, but that also can sometimes create chaotic events and diseases, he uses his knowledge to help the people.
    3. Perfect Blue, a movie about a popular pop idol called Mima decides to retire from her group and become an actress but gets trapped in another person's obsession, her right state of mind starts getting messed between her real-life being threatened by a stalker and the characters she plays in the movies.
    4. Tsuredure Children, multiple stories about highschoolers love relations, each showing different emotions and problems that can take place when in love or in a relationship; it is a pretty quick anime, with only 12 episodes of 13 minutes each, I highly recommend it.
    5. Yuru Yuri, the daily life of four middle school students is presented in their fake tea club after classes where they hang out and joke around; not only it is a great comedy that uses metalanguage, if I am not wrong it also passes 100% in the Bechdel test.
    Tell me your opinion about them afterward if you see any!

Franzi likes this.
  9. shilax

shilax New Member

Uhh so:
    - Attack on Titan
    - Hyouka
    - Orange
    - Cowboy Bebop
    - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

ENJOY!

Franzi likes this.
  10. niotabunny

niotabunny Well-Known Member

my top five:

Witch Hunter Robin, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Gundam franchise, Dragon Ball franchise

Franzi likes this.
  11. nolimitsauce

nolimitsauce New Member

I can't really rank them down, but i'll list some of them which are always stuck in my mind in a positive way ( no order):

- Paranoia Agent

- Mirai Nikki (This got me into watching animes with sub)

- Monster

- The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

- Welcome to N.H.K

Franzi likes this.