Your Favorite Overpowered Protagonist?

Dunedane

My favorites have to be:

Saitama from One-Punch Man
Tatsuya from The Irregular at Magic High School
Tanya from Youjo Senki: Saga of Tanya the Evil

Honorable mention:

Sakamoto from Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto

I'm just curious if there are others that enjoy overpowered characters and which ones stick out. Maybe I'll make a poll after enough suggestions. Also I have a list of anime with overpowered protagonists you can view through my profile.

Alucard (Hellsing Ultimate)
Momonga aka Ains un Gowl (Overlord)
Tatsuya Shiba (The Irregular at Magic Highschool)
Saitama (One Punch Man)
Akatsuki Ousawa (Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero)

Tanya (Tanya the Evil)
Alucard (Hellsing)
Guts (Berserk old and new ver.)
Cadis Etrama di Raizel (Noblesse)

Last edited:
Hmm, this would be a lot better if it was not a list, but possibly an explanation why you like that overpowered character.

So, that I actually do what I suggest, I'd go with a rather mundane choice; Son Goku.
He is so by-the-numbers boys scout that I enjoy how his biggest weakness if just wanting a challenge.
Yes, this makes for a less than dimensional character for much of the series, but he does develop some character later when he becomes a dad and when he decides to stay
dead
for a bit so as not to bring harm to the Earth.

Yang Wenli - He's not so much overpowered in a physical sense, buuuut.......seriously, he mostly overpowers basically everyone in LOTGH, in sheer wits, and tactical genius. Miracle Yang indeed, and he's such a charming history buff.

Indeed, though it's a pity all it took to get him out of the way was a random mook

Ontopic:

My favourites are:

- Guts (with and without the CLANGS) from Berserk
- Ryougi Shiki from Kara no Kyoukai
- Satou from Ajin
- Akagi from Akagi

and a bunch more I can't remember right now

I've got quite a few after going through my Watched list:
I'll second Goku, dude's always fun to watch and his selfishness has been an interesting adjustment that's sunk in as I've gotten older.
Koro-Sensei (AssClass)-I always got a kick out of his antics and half the fun of the show was seeing all the different methods people developed to try and kill him.
Levi (AoT)-He's just cool. And I like him being fervent about being clean. Still remember the moment he grasped the bloody hand of the dying soldier without hesitation.
Shizuo Heiwajima (DRRR)-Do I need to elaborate here?
Souma (Food Wars)-I like his attitude in the face of elitism and being able to craft up something new for each battle. Also ties in to the appeal of the show for me.
Sakamoto-He's hilarious and so nonchalant through it all, it's endearing.
Jotaro (Jojo)-I like how he's got a cool head and his calculations in battle or crime-solving. And the back of his head is ridikkulus
Aomine (Kuroko's Bball)-Dude plays sick basketball.
Sinbad (Magi)-Very charismatic on top of cool powers and things take an interesting turn with his character in the manga.
Naruto-Dude has the ultimate underdog story, one of my favorite Zero to Hero's.
Sora (NGNL)-His cockiness and wit make the engaging games of the fantasy world all the more engrossing.
Saitama (OPM)-At this point in my life, I emphasize with his struggle for finding meaning in what he does. And the whole gag hasn't tired me out at all.

thanks Nicknames forgot about Sato from Ajin. Out of all the pro he's one the few that die over and over again. The only other is Alacrad. Goku needs the dragon balls to bring him back to life.

Out of the anime I have seen/like, I have to go with Luffy (if he counts), honestly. He's just a lot of fun to be around, he's incredibly passionate about his goals and his friends, and that's inspiring. He's so enthusiastic about everything, its hard not to get sucked into whatever he's doing.

Though I will say if I have seen One Punch Man, I may have said Saitama as well

But both the characters never have come back from the dead or were totally destroyed and came back the next ep. but they are still cool!

My favorites have to be:

Saitama from One-Punch Man
Tatsuya from The Irregular at Magic High School
Tanya from Youjo Senki: Saga of Tanya the Evil

Honorable mention:

Sakamoto from Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto

I'm just curious if there are others that enjoy overpowered characters and which ones stick out. Maybe I'll make a poll after enough suggestions. Also I have a list of anime with overpowered protagonists you can view through my profile.

Levi ackerman - {shingeki no kyojin}
Itachi uchiha - {naruto shippuden}
Kuchiki byakuya - {bleach}
Cadis Etrama di Raizel - {Noblesse: Pamyeol-ui
Sijak}

fwiw this topic has already been polled here in the forum and turned into an official custom list:
https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/...-overpowered-characters-main-or-other.323083/ (theres a vote thread linked from it)

And here's the official custom list - reasons are still getting put in slowly. The ordering is based on the community poll:
https://www.anime-planet.com/users/sothis/lists/anime-with-overpowered-op-characters-63782

There's a second one for manga that's still in progress (also in my lists)

Guts from Berserk. (Badass lv. over 9000)
Izayoi from Mondaiji-tachi.
Lelouch from Code Geass.

off the top of my head......Nagato yuki from Harhui Suzumiya.......................come to thing of it, I liked Haruhi as well, and she's also OP................Keima from the world that God only knows................OP mentally ...

I'd have to think on this one to call a definitive favorite.

Back