You can only watch one anime......

OneCraftyLady

Who wants to play a game?

51675144_2090922091002532_3341906515349995520_n.jpg

Here are the rules:
1. You HAVE to choose 1.
2. None of that "That's an impossible question" stuff.
3. No weaseling in other options aka. "I'd choose A ,but B is also good too, oh maybe C."
4: List the name of the anime and at least a sentence as to why you chose that one
5. (optional) Leave a link to the anime so others may check it out as well.

We will also go ahead and assume that it means series and not just season, so you'd be able to watch all anime and movies that belong to that series.

I'll answer in a separate post below.​

Last edited:
What anime I choose:
Dragon Ball Z

Why:
Nostalgia, I genuinely enjoy it, and I've already seen it 6x so I may as well make it my life since I like it and haven't gotten sick of it yet. I do a DBZ marathon every time I move, because I always end up not being able to get my internet hooked up right away for some dumb reason or another so I just marathon DBZ since I own the box sets. It's also a long series so I'd have a lot of material to get through each time so it would feel a little less repetitive than if I was watching the same 12 episode show over and over again.

That's probably not the anime any of you expected me to choose XD​

The Monogatari series
https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/bakemonogatari

I might be the first to mention this series but I'm sure I won't be the last... Great characters, interesting story telling, amazing dialogue, insane animations and everytime you watch it you'll keep finding something new you missed before. Also there are 80+ episodes so there is plenty of mindfuckery to never get bored.

"Ara so"

Cliché answer here, but it's Bebop.

Explanation: Since apparently I'm terminally ill and only have enough time for one show besides all the hanging with friends and family and having as much sex as humanly possible and stuff, I might as well pick the show that has something profoundly beautiful to say about life, death, and acceptance to help ease me into my inevitable demise.

Probably Gintama. I get the best of both worlds here (side-splitting comedy and shounen stuff), love the premise and the characters are pretty much all great in one way or another. Also it's a long show so I don't have to worry about running out of episodes after a while and can always re-visit random ones whenever I feel like it and just need a laugh.

Cowboy Bebop.

It's episodic nature makes most episodes a different genre or another. Yet, there's that overarching plot that is given little by little till the end. It's easy to watch and enjoy episodes on their own. But also, there's a richer and fuller exprience and story to take in.

I genuinely believe Bebop is an anime that gets better with more viewings and age, both the series and the viewer. There always seems to be another detail or understanding or point of view to see it from. Especially relating to looking back on one's past, feeling nostalgia for it, but having to deal with living in the present and looking to the future. Unsure of what's to come, feeling as if you're just drifting through life.

It's fantastic to look at and an absolute treat for the ears. The animation is genuinely good, the universe looks lived in and believable. The soundtrack is uniquely Bebop, yet timeless all the same. You would be hardpressed to find a more fitting soundtrack for an anime.

And of course, the English dub. Without a doubt one of, if not the best, times an English dub added to and improved an anime. Bebop is heavily influenced by western styles of music and film, an English dub just falls on the ear so naturally. And thankfully, plus it's safe to say, it's an outstanding English dub.

I have no idea how many times I've watched it. But I know I could watch it till the end of time.

See you space cowboy...

Last edited:
Rurouni Kenshin
https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/rurouni-kenshin

It's not my very first anime but it's one the first ones I ever saw. But most importantly, it's what truly got me into it and made me realize that anime was an actual thing, and not just a different American morning cartoon or late night cartoon. Most of the storyline is very good (or better), the entire cast is great, and Kenshin himself is just a kind-hearted, funny, deadly hero.

ZHd2.gif

Last edited:
Vampire Knight

This anime combines all of my favorite genres (Romance, Vampire, Mystery, & Shoujo). The characters are all good-looking, the plot is original and interesting, the animation is good (one of Studio Deen's best), great dub, and I absolutely love the MCs Kaname Kuran & Yuuki Kuran! I've rarely been able to watch an anime twice, yet I've watched VK 90+ times (literally) and I could still rewatch it. After every few new anime I watch, I'd rewatch this. It's an obsession of mine, I guess. I make edits & gifs for it, and am involved in its fandom.

AC of course. Though I've actually legitimately considered watching only that at times for the rest of time my life, since there'll never be another show like it. Nothing else comes close since the rest of the shows near it in the top spots that I like will most certainly become repetitive with their consistant tones after a while.

The only other thing I could think of would be Gintama. I don't like the cast QUITE as much in that one but it's a solid second place for a diverse group that I might not get tired of watching across all it's long arcs and episodes. Maybe all of the humor that I dont like in it would grow in me overtime like all the crass stuff.

AC of course. Though I've actually legitimately considered watching only that at times for the rest of time my life, since there'll never be another show like it. Nothing else comes close since the rest of the shows near it in the top spots that I like will most certainly become repetitive with their consistant tones after a while.

The only other thing I could think of would be Gintama. I don't like the cast QUITE as much in that one but it's a solid second place for a diverse group that I might not get tired of watching across all it's long arcs and episodes. Maybe all of the humor that I dont like in it would grow in me overtime like all the crass stuff.

We got a RULE BREAK! Weaseling in a second title is against the rules my good sir!

I figured yours would be Ass Class :D Was not disappointed.

Katanagatari

It's an excellent story, very good drama, fun romance when it creeps up, the little bits of action are epic, and it's very comedic, the end of episode 11/beginning of episode 12 makes me cry every time, the finale is epic as hell, it's just perfectly well rounded, it's 12 hours of joy.

Ouran High School Host Club

It’s not the best anime to excist in excistance but personally I’ve loved this series so long. I feel so much love to every character (besides the all girl school) and not to mention it’s one of the first animes to make me fall in love with anime. I love the dub and it was made so well with so much love that I can’t help but love it. Not to mention when I feel crappy watching Ouran makes me smile so much.

Ouran High School Host Club

It’s not the best anime to excist in excistance but personally I’ve loved this series so long. I feel so much love to every character (besides the all girl school) and not to mention it’s one of the first animes to make me fall in love with anime. I love the dub and it was made so well with so much love that I can’t help but love it. Not to mention when I feel crappy watching Ouran makes me smile so much.
YES!!!!

I've already got mine (see prior post), but this is an excellent selection if I do say so myself. Then again, I am biased. I love this anime, indeed I do. I watch it at least once every year. Plus, it is one of the best to exist in existence. Great choice, among the many other great choices on here.

UJJv.gif

Back