Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru

6i8OVip.jpg

Cuuuute.
I like how they colored the scene from last episode and showed it from Yamada’s perspective.

f8rjgNq.jpg

Think this is a lovely way to depict the crowd.
Watching this because I read the manga and liked it, so the investment is there. Just not sure how the pacing will be like and since the manga isn't actually done so would the anime veer off to something different or will it just be slow paced enough to wait for content from the manga?

The anime count is 12 episodes. It can’t cover everything in the manga. Isn’t the manga way ahead in content?

Last edited:
Episode 7.
...Did that episode end real suddenly or was it just me?
Anyway, Old Guy's avatar is the best and I will hear no objections.

Also, Yamada, no one likes the guy who blames "lag"...

Started watching this because I was bored, and I actually like it more than I thought I would.

Wait...
Ok anime, I actually pay attention to those stat bars you throw out there.

8fTAO6K.png

So the paladin's more agile than the fencer in this game, and the fencer is mad strong? Even if that fencer's Yamada and he's leveled a lot, it's even less sensible that the pally would be quicker than him.

I peeped back in after a few weeks and immediately raised an eyebrow at this. A very quick reminder that the game is an afterthought in this one.

Last edited:
Episode 9.
Ah yes, the old anime cold that apparently hits you like cancer cliché.

Also, can we leave this old "Girls don't play video games" stereotype in the dust where it belongs? Plenty of girls play games.

Wait...
Ok anime, I actually pay attention to those stat bars you throw out there.

8fTAO6K.png

So the paladin's more agile than the fencer in this game, and the fencer is mad strong? Even if that fencer's Yamada and he's leveled a lot, it's even less sensible that the pally would be quicker than him.

I peeped back in after a few weeks and immediately raised an eyebrow at this. A very quick reminder that the game is an afterthought in this one.
I mean, yeah. The game isn't really the focus. It's more a tool for them to be friends. It's not like SAO vital or something.

Ep10.

Chemistry…chemistry.
And visually fun too.
HdkDqot.png

BZepqGL.png

oUaQL1q.png

And I like what they did with that moon post credit scene.

This show has grown to be my most favorite anime of the season.

Don’t miss the post credit scene!!!

Last edited:
uAO1acS.png

M0Fli02.png

jeJl4um.png

SvAIhZa.png

VCkAUwR.png

To2sBCL.png

wkGSnaf.png

15OcPDq.png
Creative editing as usual.

But in terms of storytelling, this episode was definitely the lowest point of this show. The game section really sucks and they don’t even add anything significant to the plot.

I also can’t see this show ending next episode. There definitely needs to be a second season bc I want to see where this budding relationship between Akane and Yamada is going.

Last edited:
Episode 11.
Ooh damn, Runa with that manly suggestion/threat of telling the Fuckboy Brothers to get lost. I didn't know he had it in him.

Also, I like stoic new friend. Her and Akane just murdering their keyboards was funny stuff.

Why do I hear Digimon season 2's "Brave Heart" playing in the background?

The introverted, quiet and shy girl, who knew she probably doesn't stand a chance, had the courage to confess, while the experienced, proactive, extrovert girl who knows she has a very good chance wussed out.
Tsubaki Yukari deserves mad respect... I kneel.

Episode 12.
I thought they were seriously gonna pull the "Love confession drowned out by a loud noise" cliché there for a minute with Tsubaki. That would have pissed me off. I hate that.

Ep13 - the lady’s reaction after the ed credits is the definition of second hand embarrassment. The way this episode ended makes me think there’s going to be a second season. There’s enough source material to adapt for sure.

Visually creative, music was spot on lofi, and I liked the main leads. The show would be better without all of that silly game section.

Decent age gap and opposites attract-type of romance that’s visually entertaining and isn’t cringy. 7/10

Last edited:
Enjoyable main leads, the romance between the two felt organic. Eita being a G.I.R.L (guy in real life) in an mmo is such a trope. A-

So both the extreme introverts with no prior romantic experience, were able to brave up and confess their feelings to the ones they love, while the social butterfly who had at least 1 boyfriend just before meeting Yamada, chickened out twice.

This was a cute show with mostly likable characters and even the block of wood Yamada showed some semblance of humanity by the end.
If there's one thing to complain about, its that it was pretty bland, but sometimes you just need to sit back and enjoy something simple like this.

Back