Winter 2018 Anime Challenge discussion thread

I got a good list for this one:

Skirt Rapist Season 6 - Crossdressing MILF edition
Seven Heavenly Boners - God yes.
Kokkoku - More K's than anything
Junji Itou - This can be either crap or unbelievably amazing. After hoping for good shit last season and it being mostly shit, I don't know.
Hakata Tonka Ramens? - The fuck kind of title is that.
Darling in the FRANKXX - I don't know what my expectations are. For it to not be shit?
Overlord S2 - I will keep up with this one even if it kills me and I get rezed as a Lich.
Koi Wa Amega.... Student Loving a Middle-Aged Man - Surprisingly, this doesn't look mad creeps.
Killing Bites - Guessing it's like Cross Ange x Zodiac x Core Shook. What scares me is the lack of an ecchi tag.
Yurucamp - A chill series about girls camping to be the palette cleanser with all the shit I'm watching.
Death March Parallel to the Rhapsody World - I have no hope for this one.
Cardcaptor Sakura - I just want a dope ass OP that's catchy.
Pop Team Epic - Some dank ass shiznit yo.
Dame x Prince Anime Caravan - It's based on a mobile game so there's not much of a chance of there being some hardcore political intrigue
Maerchen Maedchen - By Hoods Entertainment, so despite it not saying "ecchi", it's going to be ecchi.

Which means I'll marathon half of them by the end and stall on the rest for all but 2.

So how do people get to watch these new anime? Some are simulcast, but most of them don't seem to be.

Why is the challenge no longer showing what I want to watch, but only what I'm watching and the other unmarked anime?

Why is the challenge no longer showing what I want to watch, but only what I'm watching and the other unmarked anime?

That's because it only shows what you want to watch during the initial days of the challenge. After some days have passed it only shows what you're watching (and what you've finished of course)

I wasn't sure on the best place to put this, but as it sits, there currently isn't enough time on the clock to allow for fully completing the last few episodes of a 12 episode season.

The English versions are about 2-ish weeks behind, and assuming there are 12 episodes to a season, we need another 10-10.5 weeks for all 12 to air, so that is 70-73 days, but the clock only has 62 days left, so we would be 1-2 episodes short on the timer.

I wasn't sure on the best place to put this, but as it sits, there currently isn't enough time on the clock to allow for fully completing the last few episodes of a 12 episode season.

The English versions are about 2-ish weeks behind, and assuming there are 12 episodes to a season, we need another 10-10.5 weeks for all 12 to air, so that is 70-73 days, but the clock only has 62 days left, so we would be 1-2 episodes short on the timer.

Don't be a dub scrub then. Watch your Chinese cartoons in made up gibberish language as kami intended nano desu de gozaru.

I joined this, but since I'm such a loser I'm probably going to marathon a bunch of stuff at the last minute. I'm so bad at watching stuff week-by-week now. There's only a handful of shows I'm interested in this time, so I guess it won't be too bad.

This has been a great time to watch anime, it's great to schedule when you watch anime and to watch them (a week behind because I don't have premium Crunchyroll access).
I'm not fond of Netflix because they stress binge watching so much. Plus they have Devilman: Crybaby.
A sense of time per week is something I haven't felt in a long time!
(If this is used in a promo for the seasonal challenge, please send me a payment of $1 or an anime equivalent)

I joined this, but since I'm such a loser I'm probably going to marathon a bunch of stuff at the last minute. I'm so bad at watching stuff week-by-week now. There's only a handful of shows I'm interested in this time, so I guess it won't be too bad.

That's like calling me a loser, and I'm one of the hippest cats around. But as you kids say today, a groove dog.

Back