Wierd stuff at end of rec's and database comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rastamepas

Database Moderator
I've noticed some of my rec's come up with something at the end of it. IT's also coming up whenever I try to leave a comment on someone profile.

Google SearchGoogle TranslateWikipediaSearch YouTubeSearch AmazonShareShare:Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Reddit Email

Plus bulletin points before it. Is there a reason it's happening? I keep trying to edit posts and take it off but it always keeps appearing. Is this something I only see myself or can everyone else see it?

I can see it on your recs too. At a guess, I would say that the editbox is picking up part of the page's footer due to an unclosed html tag somewhere.
Since this only appears to be happening to posts/recs made by you, it's most likely something with your browser setup. Are you running any kind of user/greasemonkey scripts to modify pages? ...Using a content filter to modify pages? ...Applying custom css? (Css by itself wouldn't cause this problem, but the script or addon applying it might be altering the html in the process.)

Try editting your affected posts with some other browser (any other browser will do, preferably one you rarely/never use, so that it's improbable that you would have customized much in it), see if that works as it should. If so, then you need to go through your main browser's settings & addons and figure out what's causing the issue.

Ill try using another browser. The only scripts I use are from Scriptish but they involve a single game not related to AP.

Edditing the rec on chrome seemed to work.

Edit2 Just tried to do a new comment and it didn't happen. Didn't even disable anything. Not sure what changed

not sure if this is still happening (sounds like no), please refile the request if you hit it again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back