Why are the mangas by Yoshiki Tonogai so underrated?

Discussion in 'General Manga Discussion' started by Jalinne, May 8, 2019.

1. Jalinne

Jalinne New Member

Posted by Jalinne on May 8, 2019
    I recently finished the Doubt and the Secret series written by Yoshiki Tonogai and after reading the reviews I realized that there wasn't a lot of love for the manga. Even while asking around on Reddit, I noticed that many people weren't aware about such a series. While I wouldn't go as far to call the series a masterpiece, I would still say that they are pretty good fast paced thrillers and its something that is actually refreshing. Any of you who have read the series: What are your thoughts on this?

[​IMG]
    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

2. thor123

thor123 Well-Known Member

Eh, Doubt was an okay read, but most of the twists just weren't all that great as far as I remember that manga. I'd have to re-read it for a more in-depth comment though, it's been years since I read it

3. Ebonyslayer

Ebonyslayer Well-Known Member

I don't know, I mean I consider myself a fan of survival horror, but there's still a lot of series I don't know about. There are a fair share of anime fans who are screamish with blood. The first series that pretty much convinced me that I was a fan of survival horror was Claymore when I was a teen. Regardless I'll give the series a shot when I have the time.