Why are Ranma 1/2 Special Editions Sets 4 & 5 So Much More Rare?

Discussion in 'General Anime Discussion' started by tutu10, Dec 6, 2018 at 11:13 PM.

1. tutu10

tutu10 New Member

I've been picking these sets up lately, I just love the special edition packaging so much, they look great on the shelf! The interesting thing is I was able to get Sets 2, 3, 6 and 7 for cheaper than the regular edition prices, which makes almost no sense to me, but I'm not complaining there. All 4 of those are available readily around the web brand new from major retailers, etc, so there seems to be no supply issue at all.

Set 1 is a bit harder to get, because it isn't available brand new at any major retailers anymore (it's definitely out of production) but you can still find plenty copies around for under 50 bucks from third-party & second-hand sellers.

Then we get to Set 5... there are very few copies available from third-party sellers on Amazon, BN, Walmart, etc, or on Ebay... but there's a couple, and you can get it for around 70 bucks if you look hard enough. It seems odd that #5 (right in the middle) is so much more rare/expensive than 2, 3, 6 and 7. But you ain't seen nothin' yet...

Set 4 is ... impossible to find. At least over the past couple of weeks that I've been searching. NOBODY has it for sale. It's the oddest thing. I just have no clue what the deal is with this one.

Is there any particular reason that this one (and to a lesser extent #5) are so much more scarce than the others?

2. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known Member

Possibly due to a lower print run. Not guaranteed, but likely.

Just keep looking. Have a set amount you're willing to pay, and stick to it. You'll eventually, hopefully, find what you're after.

Hopefully.

Could be worse. Could be Welcome to the NHK volume 6 on DVD.