When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by Naga, Sep 29, 2014.

1. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

Re: Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de

This show has gone from bad to worse with each episode.
    The kiddy drama in this episode wasn't well handled and ended up feeling very sappy and unsatisfying. It's funny because Bokura Wa Minna Kawaisou did an episode with a similar theme but did it so much better making it a charming and sweet episode.

This show on the other hand just felt stale and generic with the elementary school drama. None of jokes landed either. Him being transported naked wasn't a funny situation. Nor was him admitting to being a lolicon. I get that he's supposed to sold problems in his own special Chuuni kind of way, but this made no sense and it wasn't even a particularly good joke.

Everything in this episode fell flat as they did in the last episode. This show seems lost to me. It has no idea what it is trying to be and it's basically just throwing a bunch of cliche plots at the wall and hoping one will stick. Judging by the last two episodes nothing is sticking at the moment. They need to get back to what they were doing in the first episode even if the second episode was entertaining it still ignored the premise too completely.

Bleah, this was awful.

2. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Nov 3, 2014

Episodes 5 and 6 will be released on 11/5 and 11/12, respectively, due to changes in broadcast schedule.

3. ZetsubouKaiji

Can't say I am disappointed by the need to wait. The show has been rocketing downhill every episode after the second one and even the second was a bad sign of things to come.

4. Ailly

Ailly Well-Known Member

Posted by Ailly on Nov 4, 2014

I actually liked the lolicon joke :pokerface: Or should I say that I find Jurai likable enough as a protagonist that it makes the joke work? Although I have to agree that the "lol, nekkid people" gag needs to die.
    And when are they going to finally showcase their goddamn superpowers? It had like five minutes of screentime in this episode, even less in the last one and dammit, I want me some cool superpower scenes.

5. HasseRovdjur

HasseRovdjur Breast Claw

Yeah, the title has been really misleading so far. "Commonplace", my ass.

6. ZetsubouKaiji

Episode 5:

Yeah, no. I don't even want to waste words this cliche tripe. This was just a really bad episode Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Andou's repetitive Chunni act has no real purpose or development. Even the shallow insight his perspective brings to things isn't entertaining any more.

Just give me my entertaining comedy back Trigger. This hoseshit stinks.

7. Ailly

Ailly Well-Known Member

Posted by Ailly on Nov 13, 2014

^ Eh, but Andou and Tomoyo were so cute
    when they went on their little date together. Although that whole fake couple talk was such an eye-roll moment. And she didn't even get the mille-feuille she wanted, what a waste.
    But then that ending hinted at a possible harem/love triangle shit, which made me facepalm repeatedly hoping to erase that memory from my brain.

Andou is strangely cool, even with his chuuni tendencies. And I can't even explain why. By god, has this show turned me into a 14-year old, clueless fangirl? :crying:

8. captaincrunch

captaincrunch Well-Known Member

Im enjoying it too. Although i'm a sucker for these tropish high school club shows.

9. ZetsubouKaiji

Episode 6:

Meh.

I can see how the super powers that they never use other than to make their lives more convenient could be a painful burden that they would want to get rid of.

This show is just the poor man's Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!Only instead of focusing on one romantic option Andou is getting an episode or two with each girl. All the episodes go just about the same. One of the girls has some kind of problem and Andou fixes it in his own "special" sort of way and when I say special I mean rode the shot bus to school kind of special. He has a completely different perspective from the girl's so his way of looking at the world makes them see things differently. It's an okay concept but in practice this was a pretty damn boring episode once again.

10. tootalls

tootalls Well-Known Member

liked ep 5, 6 was meh..............it's watchable, sometimes humorous but I long for another episode as entertaining as the 2nd.

11. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Nov 15, 2014

Doesn't everyone?
    [​IMG]

tootalls likes this.
  12. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Nov 24, 2014

Episode 8

Well, that happened. Now we know what the fuck it up with what and still don't particularly care. Seems romance is up next week.

13. Taek

Taek Well-Known Member

Posted by Taek on Nov 25, 2014

Episode 8

Did anyone else think that the animation felt a lot more like a Trigger show this week? Maybe because there was action?

Anyway this happened
    [​IMG]
    So, by rule of reference humour, this is already one of the best episodes of the show so far.

But in actuality I haven't hated these last 2 episodes
    Hatoko's outburst in ep 7 was pretty great actually, I actually felt for her, maybe because the seiyuu put on such a good act for it, but what she was saying made a lot of sense and how I can imagine a lot of people must think about Andou.

This episode was weaker purely because Hajime is an edgelord and is pretty fucking annoying, and I get the feeling it will be a "he was right all along!" thing by the end.

Of course a lot of this episode was used for exposition, which it needed as all of this has come quite late on in the season. It didn't bore me, but I think that's because I've built up a tolerance that I never thought possible to shit exposition just through watching 8 episodes of Fate/Stay Night.

Still no Mirai.

14. ZetsubouKaiji

Episode 8:

Holy shit, did this anime just find itself?
    Maybe. This episode does give a lot of exposition about a potential plot but I am not really buying into it quite yet. I could see this fairy war end up being something going on in the background while the main cast keep up their slice of life tactics. It'll be interesting to see if they get dragged into the war or not.

But holy fucking exposition dump Batman, I know this was a twist but after five or six episodes of piddling around we get this big vomit of plot out of nowhere. I didn't hate it because the plot is at least more interesting that what we have been getting. I don't like the Luci Fist guy though, he's quite annoying and even though he's supposed to be annoying that doesn't make listening to him ramble on any more pleasant. At least most of the plot was given out by some of the other characters.

I don't want to speculate on things too much at the moment because I'm not convinced this isn't a on off thing that will only pop up every now and then. However, I will say that speaking of Unlimited Bladeworks, the plot sounds eerily similar. It's a common plot type, but still that's two this season.

As a last point I am also interested in the next episode because I want to know what was happening with Andou at the end of the episode.

And yeah, this episode did show a bit more of the Trigger flair which is nice. They certainly have a distinctive way of doing action.

15. tootalls

Ep 7, Damn that was an unexpected but epic verbal explosion..............gat to watch that again...........

16. Yami

Yami Member

Posted by Yami on Nov 29, 2014

EP7: Holy damn, dat Saorin.

17. tootalls

that rant is joining my all time fav anime monologues.

EP 8

Okay last two episodes have been a step up from the norm, I was falling asleep this episode during the times the eye patch kid was talking, other than that it was interesting stuff.

I guess we have the explanation on why the show has been how it was, the powers seem to have been put there for the purpose of fighting a BATTLE (show title not so misleading after all maybe?). But eye patch dude for a yet to be explained reason has decided to keep them in the dark about it and thus, they just use their powers for convenience.

I AM convinced that they will be pulled into the battle and abandon the routine we have come to know, they will probably function as and underdog team for whatever the fairy goal is, Andou's power will probably reach an op level, I kind of figured that much from the start with them poking fun at it.
    Anyways, looking forward to the next one..............ep 2 was still the best in my opinion though.......>_> probably won't see that level of comedy anymore....but I will keep holding on to the hope.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  18. ZetsubouKaiji

Episode 9:

Nope, no chance of a plot intruding here.
    I kinda figured last week was just teasing us with the possibility of a plot, but it's still a bit annoying they jump right back into the aimless bullshit. I'm guessing they are saving anything remotely interesting for the last couple episodes.

This episode felt very scattered. Each of the girls gets a halfassed scene with Andou before some bullshit about trying to push him towards one of the girls. Meh.

It's not even like the plot looked all that great or was well told, but it was still better than this generic harem shit.

19. tootalls

Yea, ZK you were totally right,

they did randomly go back to slice of life and damn near acted like the episode prior didn't exist......

All we can look forward to is the dark and dark.

20. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Dec 8, 2014

Episode 10

*silently nodding*

Fanservice, most likely dedicated to fanservice. Next episode seems to be like that as well. Plot moving forward through fanservice. Also; obvious Mako cameo.