What's your personality type?

TheSMoresAwakens

Silver Supporter
Yesterday I found out that the Myers Briggs types have come a long way since I first took the test as a kid. Back then it was a few short blurbs that made you think, "Yeah, sure. That's pretty close," but in the way that your horoscope might get some crap right.

Reading through the extensive breakdowns they have now, I was shocked by how spot on every aspect of it was. Not to mention a little creeped out that seemingly everyone can be shoehorned into 1 of 16 personality types.

So what's your personality type? What did you think about your description? Was it eerily accurate, total bullshit, or did you get a Barnum/Forer Effect vibe from it? More importantly, did you learn anything about why you do the things that you do?

___

I'd say about 90% of the write up for INTP described me perfectly. Even with that other 10%, most of the things they "got wrong" were just aspects of my personality that I've willfully changed over the years so that I wouldn't seem as standoffish, shy, or emotionally unintelligent as I was when I was younger. Not that I'm an emotional prodigy now, but I think I could pull a solid C+ if they made a test for it.

It was really weird to see that the way I handle things like relationships aren't unique to me, but have been cataloged and categorized. And my complete disinterest in things like celebrities, arguments, or getting my car registered can be accredited to my four letter personality type. I also learned that my personality is why I pace when I'm mulling something over, and it's why I constantly argue both sides of issues in my head. I thought that last one was just because I'm weird and indecisive. I'm still weird, but not because of that at least.

Yesterday I found out that the Myers Briggs types have come a long way since I first took the test as a kid. Back then it was a few short blurbs that made you think, "Yeah, sure. That's pretty close," but in the way that your horoscope might get some crap right.

Reading through the extensive breakdowns they have now, I was shocked by how spot on every aspect of it was. Not to mention a little creeped out that seemingly everyone can be shoehorned into 1 of 16 personality types.

So what's your personality type? What did you think about your description? Was it eerily accurate, total bullshit, or did you get a Barnum/Forer Effect vibe from it? More importantly, did you learn anything about why you do the things that you do?

___

I'd say about 90% of the write up for INTP described me perfectly. Even with that other 10%, most of the things they "got wrong" were just aspects of my personality that I've willfully changed over the years so that I wouldn't seem as standoffish, shy, or emotionally unintelligent as I was when I was younger. Not that I'm an emotional prodigy now, but I think I could pull a solid C+ if they made a test for it.

It was really weird to see that the way I handle things like relationships aren't unique to me, but have been cataloged and categorized. And my complete disinterest in things like celebrities, arguments, or getting my car registered can be accredited to my four letter personality type. I also learned that my personality is why I pace when I'm mulling something over, and it's why I constantly argue both sides of issues in my head. I thought that last one was just because I'm weird and indecisive. I'm still weird, but not because of that at least.

Ayyy we got the same personality type on that quiz. It is weird though, that website attempts to take every part of someone’s personality and simplify it into something general. Which is hard to do. But the website does it pretty well.

For this post I kind of want to ask you guys 1st
14a2fa2a6cfc9cc7036a95fbe5067fb4.jpg

Ayyy we got the same personality type on that quiz. It is weird though, that website attempts to take every part of someone’s personality and simplify it into something general. Which is hard to do. But the website does it pretty well.
Ha! INTP Buds! I'm kind of on the borderline between INTP and INFP, but I lean towards Thinking over Feeling.

Yeah, the website kind of impressed me with all the info it extrapolated from a little personality quiz.

INFJ-T, though the test, while fun, isn't scientific unfortunately.

Nah. It's not the greatest personality quiz, either. I knew my type going in, but the one I had to take as a kid was a lot more extensive.

Mine changed all the time. @FunkyTim posted the test a few weeks/months ago in the TIL thread and I got this then
Might as well join in
https://www.16personalities.com/intj-personality

I’ve done this many times and sometimes get different results. The Introvert part is always pretty accurate though and I’m almost 50/50 for energy and nature so I think that’s why my results vary. I don’t much agree with this one as a description of me though.

But got something completely different today (ISFP-T). Mostly cause Again I’m almost 50/50 energy and nature so the results change.

Mine changed all the time. @FunkyTim posted the test a few weeks/months ago in the TIL thread and I got this then

But got something completely different today (ISFP-T). Mostly cause Again I’m almost 50/50 energy and nature so the results change.

Mine always changes on these tests, I think I've come out with three very different results before, because some of the questions are total shit.

Today I got INFP-A/T, which is a mediator apparently.

I've had INFP on some of these shorter quizzes before. With so few questions, a change in your mood can shift those 50/50 aspects pretty drastically. You'd need a longer test to get a more accurate idea, but ain't nobody got time for that shit.

I think it's more fun to just read through the personality types until you say, "Oh, shit... That's pretty much me."

I just realized I did leave some of the "neutral" answers in there ... that's probably why it said I'm only 11% introvert. That just isn't true. I should have payed more attention to instructions but ... why did they even leave that option in there if they were later on going to say ... oh ... whatever you do don't answer "neutral". Pisses me off, to be honest.

b9df19b72c18bb8f6a4ad066783d9c83.png
"I will take you all to the promised land!"

They've tweaked the thing a little bit since the last time I took it.

Some of the questions just seem to depend on the mood of the day or how things kind of play out when you're at an event or party. Some cases I just don't really have a preference, whatever happens. Also I work for myself but am contracted to a company in Holland, so some of the questions can just go either way. My brain is just wired to always think in solutions, I act when I need to but I'm also a very observant type... take everything in before really doing anything.

Cool for sure, it's been a few years... See if I can still find my older ones.

ENTJ-T, commander. Personally the test appears to be about 90% accurate for me. The thing says I'm arrogant and impatient, and that's not true, but the rest of it is pretty much right.

But it says I'm smart, so I call bullshit, because how would you test intellect from a personality test xD

Back