What's your fav webtoon?

myblue

Hi everyone :hamster:,
I came across some Korean webtoon lately, right now I'm reading this BL webtoon The Warehouse on NETCOMICS. Just saw their booth at new york comic con this year, so I'm giving it a try. So far I'm obsessed with this series. I think they mostly do BL but they have some other genres too like Midnight Partner and Collide is on my reading list. I'm a fan of sci-fi and fantasy, sometimes I read BL. I was wondering if there's anybody that uses this website, and what everyone's reading now?!

I have not read many, but I did read (mostly read) Maerineun Uibakjoong (Mary Stayed Out All Night)
The only reason I looked it up was due to the KDrama of the same name (or it is also called Marry Me Mary)
I thought it was a fun and comical series with great chemestry. Well, the webtoon is super stylish and adds elements not covered in the show.

Sounds like I should check out The Warehouse. I have never used this website, but it does look legit based in LA.

I probably should move this to the Manga section, even if in naming conventions it is not quite that.

I have downloaded mangatoon, tappytoon, webtoon and some other korean one i think with a dog on a red background. Lovelyyy!
I got obsessed with Daughter of the Emperor. Daaaamn (tappytoon)
And then I have several I want to start reading on webtoon, like Magician, School of Mages, Black Horda, Winter Moon, Glacias, Deor, Castle Swimmer. If you have read or heard anything of these, lemme know. Maybe it will kick start it all :D e x c i t e m e n t

I have downloaded mangatoon, tappytoon, webtoon and some other korean one i think with a dog on a red background. Lovelyyy!
I got obsessed with Daughter of the Emperor. Daaaamn (tappytoon)
And then I have several I want to start reading on webtoon, like Magician, School of Mages, Black Horda, Winter Moon, Glacias, Deor, Castle Swimmer. If you have read or heard anything of these, lemme know. Maybe it will kick start it all :D e x c i t e m e n t
Definitely Lore Olympus, it's wonderful.

I've skimmed-read or only first-chapter read quite a handful methinks.

But, True Beauty is definitely my big fave.​

I actually just got back into reading Webtoons earlier today, and I've got to say, I'm the Grim Reaper is my new favourite. It's got a really strong aesthetic style and some great character designs (the main character, Scarlet, looks great, despite what she thinks). The worldbuilding, and the pacing, are pretty good, too. I don't think that it's the best story out there, but it's definitely one I want to keep on reading.

I actually just got back into reading Webtoons earlier today, and I've got to say, I'm the Grim Reaper is my new favourite. It's got a really strong aesthetic style and some great character designs (the main character, Scarlet, looks great, despite what she thinks). The worldbuilding, and the pacing, are pretty good, too. I don't think that it's the best story out there, but it's definitely one I want to keep on reading.

Yeess I am totally inlove with "I'm the Grim Reaper" webtoon too. I adore the characters, and the art style is great, and the story goes in an a effective pace!!

I really like these webtoons:
Solo Levelling
Teenage Mercenary
Viral Hit
Lookism
Act Like You Love me
Unholy Blood

These are probably my faves:
Burning Effect (great action), Mage and Demon Queen (funny + cute romance), Suicide Boy (love the art, cute characters, Watamote-ish style of comedy), Oh! Holy (more on the Shoujo side, great comedy and characters), Love Advice from the Great Duke of Hell (I don't think I've ever laughed as much in my life)
burning-effect-1-190x266.jpg
mage-and-demon-queen-1-190x285.jpg
suicide-boy-1-190x279.jpg
oh-holy-1-190x275.jpg
love-advice-from-the-great-duke-of-hell-1-190x276.jpg

defenitly SOLO LEVELING it's such a masterpeace *chef's kiss* there is also BASTARD and SWEET HOME and PIGPEN and POSITIVELY YOURS.... (too much to pick from but the best of the best of my favourits is SOLO LEVELING totally recommend)

• Solo Leveling, I liked the webcomic so much that I ended up reading the whole webnovel. Dungeons started to manifest in Seoul and many people started to awaken abilities to face the monsters inside, the main character also awakens but he is basically a normal person, until he faces a bugged dungeon...
  • Save Me, it's about drama and bullying, of course.
  • At the End of the Road, a kinda romantic BL, with drama and bullying too, with the main character having a second chance at life.
  • Danzi, an autobiographical story where the author talks about how family relationships can make one miserable (which is a difficult topic in South Korea)
  • A Matter of Life and Death, it's about errrrr gods I guess, and their relationship is complicated.
  • Obnoxious Hero-kun, it's a BL about two boys who hate each other at first and then the red rope of fateful bondage happens.
  • The Gamer, similar to Solo Leveling but more light and funny, more focussed on RPG like skills.
  • Lookism, is mainly comedy, the main character is considered ugly and poor to boot, has no self-esteem and confidence, then one morning he wakes up in a second body and his life gets weird. It's mainly a critique of how society tends to treat better those good-looking and rich while bullying the rest.

Last edited:
Back