What made or ruined your day?

Wmmd: saw a cool play, in the tradition of media I've been watching lately it was about wealthy dysfunctional families

Wrmd: I haven't slept in over 48 hrs

WRMD: technically more then a few days, but whatever.

My stigmatism has been an absolute pain in the ass the past couple weeks. It is very likely from one of my newer medications. Which i am pretty sure is the reason because I am going though multiple other side affects from this med as well. Currently trying to get off of it. But my doctor wants me to do it gradually, so I don’t have bad withdrawals.

I also currently have the stomach flu, so yeah. Lovely combination.

WEAKLING!

In all seriousness, your sleep schedule seems so fucked up to me half the time lmao......
Yeah, to be fair it's fucked up to most people.

The worst part last night was despite not having slept in 48 hours, I still had a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep. Probably because I drank so much coffee to stay awake and alert during the play. So as I tried to sleep, all I could feel was my racing heartbeat and I woke up every 2 hours or so. And then this morning the fire alarm went off and that was the end of that.

That said, since I drank a coffee I feel fine.

Counter to that, one of my tricks people call 'cool' is my ability to fall asleep anywhere including mid conversation.

This makes me sound chronically sleep deprived, which has a grain of truth, but really I oversleep at times so you could say it evens out.

-
On things that are good,
I was too feeling-like-shit to write a proper message or pull a link last night but the play I saw was this: https://www.crowstheatre.com/whats-on/view-all/prodigal

Small production. Some great actors. Since I was one of the people brave enough to sit in the front row, they did some back and forth with me at one point. Fun times.

Yeah, to be fair it's fucked up to most people.

The worst part last night was despite not having slept in 48 hours, I still had a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep. Probably because I drank so much coffee to stay awake and alert during the play. So as I tried to sleep, all I could feel was my racing heartbeat and I woke up every 2 hours or so. And then this morning the fire alarm went off and that was the end of that.

That said, since I drank a coffee I feel fine.

Counter to that, one of my tricks people call 'cool' is my ability to fall asleep anywhere including mid conversation.

This makes me sound chronically sleep deprived, which has a grain of truth, but really I oversleep at times so you could say it evens out.

-
On things that are good,
I was too feeling-like-shit to write a proper message or pull a link last night but the play I saw was this: https://www.crowstheatre.com/whats-on/view-all/prodigal

Small production. Some great actors. Since I was one of the people brave enough to sit in the front row, they did some back and forth with me at one point. Fun times.

Claptrap's jittery state of being:
futurama-philip-fry.gif

Damn bro, can't even possibly imagine how much fucking coffee you drank to watch that play. That is what I call commitment lol

To be fair, I have insane bad insomnia so I'm in a similar boat. It takes a seriously long ass time for me to fall asleep properly, I don't fall asleep instantly and even then, the slightest disturbance or noise wakes me up easily, because I'm such a light sleeper.

Glad you enjoyed the play though.

Last edited:
Claptrap's jittery state of being:
futurama-philip-fry.gif

Damn bro, can't even possibly imagine how much fucking coffee you drank to watch that play. That is what I call commitment lol

To be fair, I have insane bad insomnia so I'm in a similar boat. It takes a seriously long ass time for me to fall asleep properly, I don't fall asleep instantly and even then, the slightest disturbance or noise wakes me up easily, because I'm such a light sleeper.

Glad you enjoyed the play though.
Honestly it doesn't that much caffeine for me to be alert so probably less than you think. I'm not sure if I'm more sensitive to caffeine than the regular person or not, but it is uh. effective.

Yeah... I have really on an off sleep issues. I'm actually known for NOT being easy to wake up! But if I go to sleep feeling anxious (which isn't, uh, rare) I'll keep waking up all night and I have a tendency to sleeptalk especially when stressed (also not rare). Truly can come down to a state of mind or how much your adrenaline is going when you're trying to fall asleep.

Honestly, melatonin is good for helping with sleep! For a lot of people. I have it but rarely take it because I'm usually just trying to catch a 3-4 hr nap for the next day and I don't want to feel drowsy, but if you're aiming for a full sleep cycle it's pretty useful.

WMMD: Finally managed to find a nice bootleg of The Play that Goes Wrong that was actually watchable and had performances very close to the original cast. It's a shame the original cast never made an official recording.

This is the only one we'll ever get:

WMMD: One of my favorite fanfics finally posted its final chapter. I had been following the fanfic for a while, and I'm glad it nailed the ending. If you're curious, the fanfic is a Persona 5/ Persona 4 crossover called The Disappearance of Goro Akechi. I highly recommend it.

WRMD: The fact my older brother has 9-10 kids gives me extremely bad feelings about society sometimes. Damn. So many kids with a shit dad and shit genetics. Feels bad.

WMMD: Today on Star tries to desperately hold onto any little positive thing for dear life - they were playing Florence + the Machine when I went to get my coffee

WMMD (Yesterday): It was pretty simple, but yesterday was like, the best day I've had in a couple of months, considering up until recently it's been very hard for me to focus on things other than stress, and it's just been difficult in general to be happy and positive for long periods of time.

Listened to a lot of classic music with my mom in the afternoon, and got a lot accomplished in Skyrim. Also discovered https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/mononoke is on my Netflix, so I'll be giving that a rewatch at some point. I'm also still very tempted to watch Bullet Train, the 3 Rurouni Kenshin Live-Action movies (I like Takeru Satoh, ok? :P), and like 50 other Asian drama's and movies that are in my backlog. *Sigh* Decisions, decisions...
Treated myself to a small sundae last night as well.
-------------
WMMD: Found out that some family member related drama should FINALLY be over with in a couple of days, thank god. :hamster:
-------------
WRMD the past 3-5 days: Nightmares & night terrors... Haven't had the latter since Covid first became a thing, I think? To me they're more worse than the nightmares, which for me is really saying something...

WMMD: It’s snowing again and roads are a mess but I’m inside with hot chocolate and Scream or something. I don’t know, it’s on Netflix but there’s no shotgun convenience mart so it’s not the new one? Like how many could they release in the last year or two or whatever? But basically, I’m not in another chunky, wet Canadian snowfall.

WMMD (Yesterday): It was pretty simple, but yesterday was like, the best day I've had in a couple of months, considering up until recently it's been very hard for me to focus on things other than stress, and it's just been difficult in general to be happy and positive for long periods of time.

Listened to a lot of classic music with my mom in the afternoon, and got a lot accomplished in Skyrim. Also discovered https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/mononoke is on my Netflix, so I'll be giving that a rewatch at some point. I'm also still very tempted to watch Bullet Train, the 3 Rurouni Kenshin Live-Action movies (I like Takeru Satoh, ok? :P), and like 50 other Asian drama's and movies that are in my backlog. *Sigh* Decisions, decisions...
Treated myself to a small sundae last night as well.
-------------
WMMD: Found out that some family member related drama should FINALLY be over with in a couple of days, thank god. :hamster:
-------------
WRMD the past 3-5 days: Nightmares & night terrors... Haven't had the latter since Covid first became a thing, I think? To me they're more worse than the nightmares, which for me is really saying something...
Yay! I'm really glad that yesterday went much better for you! :-)

WMMD: Had my first Philly Cheesesteak sub ever. It would've been better warmed up, but I can't believe I actually liked it, despite it having mayo on it. (I'm VERY particular about mayo; I'm fine with McDonald's kind, and sort of from Burger King, but any other brand/kind? *Gag* >_>)

Didn't have any toppings on it except for extra provolone and the mayo, but I liked it! The next time I eat at Subway (which is where I got it from) I'm gonna add green peppers and see how that goes.

WMMD: Had my first Philly Cheesesteak sub ever. It would've been better warmed up, but I can't believe I actually liked it, despite it having mayo on it. (I'm VERY particular about mayo; I'm fine with McDonald's kind, and sort of from Burger King, but any other brand/kind? *Gag* >_>)

Didn't have any toppings on it except for extra provolone and the mayo, but I liked it! The next time I eat at Subway (which is where I got it from) I'm gonna add green peppers and see how that goes.
Cheesesteak subs are delicious, so I'm glad you liked it! :-D I never really order too much else on mine either, I just do cheese and mayo. Cousin's Subs has this hot pepper relish that I really like and I got kinda hooked on it after trying it once.

Not too long ago my mom found this storebought frozen cheesesteak (the kind that you cook on a hot griddle pan) and it's really good too! It's a little different since it breaks up into small pieces (though once some cheese melts on it it helps the pieces stick together a bit more) but it tends to turn out just as good.

Cheesesteak subs are delicious, so I'm glad you liked it! :-D I never really order too much else on mine either, I just do cheese and mayo. Cousin's Subs has this hot pepper relish that I really like and I got kinda hooked on it after trying it once.

Not too long ago my mom found this storebought frozen cheesesteak (the kind that you cook on a hot griddle pan) and it's really good too! It's a little different since it breaks up into small pieces (though once some cheese melts on it it helps the pieces stick together a bit more) but it tends to turn out just as good.
My dad was just talking yesterday about wanting to possibly make homemade ones someday. :) We've never done it, but excited to try.

Back