What made or ruined your day?

WMMD:

I had a chance to talk with my parents about my girlfriend and my sexuality. I almost didn't bring up the topic just to fight about it, but I'm really glad i didn't. I mean it did cost me crying in a pizza restaurant but at least we talked things thru ^^;

Since the first time I told them, I thought they were only bothered by the fact that I like girls, but it wasn't like that. In fact, they we super supportive about it, the thing that bothered them was my age. I guess when I told them I was going out with someone, they thought I was to give them a wedding invitation for next week, lol. They were only worried that I got fixated with her and didn't consider other options, which I can now see why they were worried.

To be honest, i was really moved about the approach my father took. We don't really talk that much, for no exact reason really, it's just how things been. I really appreciated him coming to specifically talk with me when we arrived home. He apologized if he ever made homophobic comments at a certain point and told he could look for a therapist for me to talk with someone and "discover" myself, which is something I've been meaning to do but haven't had the chance. It was a recomforting heart-to-heart talk that made me realize how much my parents love me.

I'm really grateful for the parents i got :D

Try not to panic. Same with your parents. The anxiety will only make symptoms worse or at least seem worse.

I feel like I've been saying this to a lot of people in the thread the last couple days lol

Semi-political rant:
What I hate most about everything Covid these days is how much fear the media and government is generating around it. It's treated like everyone is going to die from it or become hospitalized and never live the same life again, but it's still a small percentage that happens to. I've been purposefully avoiding it but last I checked only about 10% of the population in the US makes up cases in the first place.

But, maybe someone who recently had a scare can shed some light.

@Vega you and your dad had a scare. How have you both been doing?
They only encountered the dude today, so no one has any symptoms... (Yet, anyway.)

I don't like getting into politics, nor do I even like talking about Covid because it freaks me out too dang much, but I had to vent, so there's not really much else for me to say.

I know you mean well, so I'm sorry if my reply comes across as rude (I'm still on edge), but idk if it's just me that thinks this or not, but telling someone with anxiety (along with a plethora of other diagnosis') to not panic is like telling a deaf person to suddenly start hearing, or a blind person to suddenly start seeing. It just doesn't work that way. (Not for me, anyway.) I KNOW it doesn't help, but it ain't like I can just grab a magic wand and make my anxiety go away. I'll have it for life. I hate it and wish I didn't have it, but it is what it is...

Here's hoping things will be okay ;-;
Thanks... At least the dude had his mask on, and my mom did, but still...
My mom is a massive germaphobe (understatement), so when she got back home, she took a lot of precautions, so if anything does happen (which I hope it doesn't), it will be very mild.

But yeah, I don't want to talk about it anymore, because my mind gets fixated on negative stuff, and it's extremely hard for me to get out of/stop those thoughts once they happen...

So, for a change of topic, I've been finding some neat Japanese Visual Kei bands the past couple of evenings. Might post links in the Asian music thread, once I feel good enough.

They only encountered the dude today, so no one has any symptoms... (Yet, anyway.)

I don't like getting into politics, nor do I even like talking about Covid because it freaks me out too dang much, but I had to vent, so there's not really much else for me to say.

I know you mean well, so I'm sorry if my reply comes across as rude (I'm still on edge), but idk if it's just me that thinks this or not, but telling someone with anxiety (along with a plethora of other diagnosis') to not panic is like telling a deaf person to suddenly start hearing, or a blind person to suddenly start seeing. It just doesn't work that way. (Not for me, anyway.) I KNOW it doesn't help, but it ain't like I can just grab a magic wand and make my anxiety go away. I'll have it for life. I hate it and wish I didn't have it, but it is what it is...

No offense taken. I just wish I could help ease your mind. I hope I didn't offend you either.

WMMD:

I had a chance to talk with my parents about my girlfriend and my sexuality. I almost didn't bring up the topic just to fight about it, but I'm really glad i didn't. I mean it did cost me crying in a pizza restaurant but at least we talked things thru ^^;

Since the first time I told them, I thought they were only bothered by the fact that I like girls, but it wasn't like that. In fact, they we super supportive about it, the thing that bothered them was my age. I guess when I told them I was going out with someone, they thought I was to give them a wedding invitation for next week, lol. They were only worried that I got fixated with her and didn't consider other options, which I can now see why they were worried.

To be honest, i was really moved about the approach my father took. We don't really talk that much, for no exact reason really, it's just how things been. I really appreciated him coming to specifically talk with me when we arrived home. He apologized if he ever made homophobic comments at a certain point and told he could look for a therapist for me to talk with someone and "discover" myself, which is something I've been meaning to do but haven't had the chance. It was a recomforting heart-to-heart talk that made me realize how much my parents love me.

I'm really grateful for the parents i got :D

Glad to hear it worked out! Sorry you ended up crying in the restaurant though.

Now that my maternal grandma is dead there's no more Christmas at her house.
Quite the change.
My oldest aunt died a few weeks ago, too, so now there's no more worrying about chaperoning her around to have her be engaged with stuff as well.

The aesthetic of what I consider as Christmas is changing a lot...

Change is weird but it’s a chance to start new Christmas traditions.

No offense taken. I just wish I could help ease your mind. I hope I didn't offend you either.
Thank you for understanding. I'm sorry if it sounded like I was angry with you. I was just angry at the situation, because in my personal opinion, if you even THINK that you have Covid, you shouldn't be working in the public.

I feel a little better today than I did last night, but I'm still hoping that we don't catch anything.

Thank you for understanding. I'm sorry if it sounded like I was angry with you. I was just angry at the situation, because in my personal opinion, if you even THINK that you have Covid, you shouldn't be working in the public.

I feel a little better today than I did last night, but I'm still hoping that we don't catch anything.

I agree. One thing I do think is good about all this, or at least was of last year, not sure if relief is still available to businesses, is the spotlight to some of the working conditions people are in. People shouldn't be compelled to go to when sick period. But I can see the business point of view too (they still have a business to run) so there needs to be a compromise to allow people who are sick to stay home. But I'm not a politician so I'm not sure how to strike that balance. Last year I wasn't sure if I had Covid so work had me isolate for a week with pay since the government had a program to cover it. Not sure if that's still available but I think that was fair.

Of course that doesn't help with people who go out for pleasure when they might be sick. Personally I'm a homebody so if I can avoid being around people I do. I just don't understand the need to be in groups, especially of strangers, so I don't know how to persuade someone with that sort of need to put it on the backburner.

And it's ok even if you were angry. I don't have anxiety and really only knew one person with it but she did well when she was mediated. Or she didn't share her real feelings with me. I just don't have a lot of experience and I'm naturally inclined to try to "fix" something even if that's not what's really needed.

I agree. One thing I do think is good about all this, or at least was of last year, not sure if relief is still available to businesses, is the spotlight to some of the working conditions people are in. People shouldn't be compelled to go to when sick period. But I can see the business point of view too (they still have a business to run) so there needs to be a compromise to allow people who are sick to stay home. But I'm not a politician so I'm not sure how to strike that balance. Last year I wasn't sure if I had Covid so work had me isolate for a week with pay since the government had a program to cover it. Not sure if that's still available but I think that was fair.

Of course that doesn't help with people who go out for pleasure when they might be sick. Personally I'm a homebody so if I can avoid being around people I do. I just don't understand the need to be in groups, especially of strangers, so I don't know how to persuade someone with that sort of need to put it on the backburner.

And it's ok even if you were angry. I don't have anxiety and really only knew one person with it but she did well when she was mediated. Or she didn't share her real feelings with me. I just don't have a lot of experience and I'm naturally inclined to try to "fix" something even if that's not what's really needed.
Yeah, they only got 3 guys working there, so I can understand from a business aspect, but like you said, there needs to be compromise.

Same. I've never been good around a lot of people, especially strangers, so home is the most comfortable for me. Normally my parents are too, especially my mom, but what with the holidays, and needing necessities/groceries, they do have to go out sometimes, albeit being as careful as possible. (Yes, there's online shopping, but certain things my family HAVE to get irl, even if it's by curb-side delivery.)

Ah, ok. That's understandable. I knew you meant well, so don't worry. :)

WRMD: My refrigerator keeps malfunctioning. I had to test the food to see if it's still edible.
The rainbow sherbet had some white liquid on it, and it was melted so I threw it out. The only edible stuff was Mountain Dew soda, and some fruit juices. I stock up on fruit juice because it's super healthy, nutritious, and tasty.

But luckily my relatives are getting me a new refrigerator.

I knew the smartphone was a mistake. I had a couple of text message conversations going at once. I got them mixed up and almost texted a female coworker "I love you."

Luckily I caught the mistake just before hitting send so I don't have to quit my job and move to another state.

Back