What made or ruined your day?

This was a couple days ago and I've been struggling over consideration whether to post it since one is not 100% sure but...

WMMD: looks like I'm probably going to have boy/girl twins! The boy is 100% confirmed which is great because I already have a daughter but the girl was doing squats while the tech tried to look so we're pretty sure but not 100%. I do hope it's a girl so my oldest has a sister. I think the twins will have their own bond anyway so I think it'll help keep the oldest in the loop, too.
Congratulations! Hope the other twin is a girl. Twins will certainly keep everyone on their toes
I know I'm being a bit of a depressing downer about saying this, but I'm honestly not especially happy to be alive on most days because I don't experience good things. and honestly, I'm a little doubtful my posts make people very happy. I mean I'm not an asshole or anything I think, but I don't think my posting is especially special.

But I do appreciate your kind wishes Rascal, I'm sorry I'm such a bummer. I've just been being hit by bad news all week medically and personally so it's hard to be optimistic.

I'm glad I got some sleep too tbh
I don't post often, but I enjoy reading your posts on the forum. Reading your posts make me feel happy as I continue on with my day. Not sure what it is medically, but I hope the best for you and that you will be healthy.

Oh I appreciate it... I didn't expect I'd give anyone some new thoughts or perspectives.

Yeah... sleep issues are rough. You never really think about how difficult they are until suddenly you're lacking the ability to sleep. I'll root for you in return, and hope you feel better too
Thank you. Along with being a light sleeper in general, I've always struggled with sleep issues ever since I can remember, but the past week it's been very ridiculous. (I do have certain things & methods that I've tried over the years like blackout curtains, and listening to my air purifier for the "white noise" before I go to bed, but those don't really help me to SLEEP, per-se.)

I'm used to waking up 3-5 times throughout the morning, but lately around 10-15 times? Blergh... :@_@:

Thank you. Along with being a light sleeper in general, I've always struggled with sleep issues ever since I can remember, but the past week it's been very ridiculous. (I do have certain things & methods that I've tried over the years like blackout curtains, and listening to my air purifier for the "white noise" before I go to bed, but those don't really help me to SLEEP, per-se.)

I'm used to waking up 3-5 times throughout the morning, but lately around 10-15 times? Blergh... :@_@:
Honestly, I'm actually kind of the opposite, where I stay awake for a very long time and then I'm suddenly asleep. I fall asleep sitting up, I sleep with lights on, I've fallen asleep eating dinner, and I've gotten used to sleeping through people screaming at each other (mostly). My partner's even talked about how they're shocked that they'll be talking to me, having a conversation, and then turn back and find out I've fallen asleep. I mean I AM generally speaking, a night owl, but that's because night is when I get peace. Falling asleep randomly probably has to do more with just not sleeping when I should, I suppose, even though I... could.

So being the opposite, I guess I've been troubled by my lack of ability to fall asleep recently in a different way. Normally I can fall asleep any time because of my sleep debt, but right now my anxiety is wound too tight.

Feeling very sympathetic to your troubles though, it must be really hard to not be able to sleep at all and to struggle with that all the time...

Honestly, I'm actually kind of the opposite, where I stay awake for a very long time and then I'm suddenly asleep. I fall asleep sitting up, I sleep with lights on, I've fallen asleep eating dinner, and I've gotten used to sleeping through people screaming at each other (mostly). My partner's even talked about how they're shocked that they'll be talking to me, having a conversation, and then turn back and find out I've fallen asleep. I mean I AM generally speaking, a night owl, but that's because night is when I get peace. Falling asleep randomly probably has to do more with just not sleeping when I should, I suppose, even though I... could.

So being the opposite, I guess I've been troubled by my lack of ability to fall asleep recently in a different way. Normally I can fall asleep any time because of my sleep debt, but right now my anxiety is wound too tight.

Feeling very sympathetic to your troubles though, it must be really hard to not be able to sleep at all and to struggle with that all the time...
One of the main problems with sleep is that the more stress we are under, the harder it is to sleep, which then puts us under more stress. All I can hope for you is that your circumstances change positively and you don't feel the weight of so many things.

WMMD: The teambuilding getaway at the company wellness resort was nice. Star's energy levels have raised from critically endangered to vulnerable.

For whatever reason, I've always felt the most calm at night (especially after midnight), and would even say that I "process" things better during that time, so I stay up pretty late as well.

I'm a little leery to share this, because almost everyone I tell this to either doesn't understand at all, or they think I'm nuts, or I get made fun of for it, but a big reason why I have sleep issues is because... (Tagging the rest in a spoiler, cause this'll be long.)
I literally HAVE to dream, in order to fall asleep, otherwise I just toss & turn in bed all bored & tired. It could take anywhere from 1 to 3-ish hours for me to finally dream, but even then, there's the issue of suffering from realistic nightmares almost every time I do finally fall asleep. Been like that ever since I was a baby, and yes, I know what causes them other than the stress/anxiety. (I also have PTSD from traumatic circumstances, so that takes a big part in the anxiety & nightmares.)

I try to avoid triggers/stuff that I know would effect me negatively (which is why I'm extremely selective in what I watch/read/listen to), but with me being only human, and because, y'know, life, sh*t can happen unexpectedly.

I've only ever spoken with 1 other person that went through the same exact severity of nightmares that I have, but all my friend could tell me was when they reached their 30's, they just stopped all of a sudden. I'd rather not wait that long for mine to stop, but if that's what it takes, I guess it is what it is then.

To clarify, when I say nightmares, I don't just mean stereotypical ones; Like, the ones that are just slightly creepy, but after awhile when you wake up, you pretty much forget about them or laugh them off. Nope. Mine are like a horror movie lovers paradise... (A friend of mine who actually LOVES having nightmares, because she DOES love horror, wishes that she could have mine lmao.)
So yeah, to say I get frustrated and tired of it (no pun intended) is a major understatement. I can at least say some mornings are slightly better than others, but...meh.

For whatever reason, I've always felt the most calm at night (especially after midnight), and would even say that I "process" things better during that time, so I stay up pretty late as well.

I'm a little leery to share this, because almost everyone I tell this to either doesn't understand at all, or they think I'm nuts, or I get made fun of for it, but a big reason why I have sleep issues is because... (Tagging the rest in a spoiler, cause this'll be long.)
I literally HAVE to dream, in order to fall asleep, otherwise I just toss & turn in bed all bored & tired. It could take anywhere from 1 to 3-ish hours for me to finally dream, but even then, there's the issue of suffering from realistic nightmares almost every time I do finally fall asleep. Been like that ever since I was a baby, and yes, I know what causes them other than the stress/anxiety. (I also have PTSD from traumatic circumstances, so that takes a big part in the anxiety & nightmares.)

I try to avoid triggers/stuff that I know would effect me negatively (which is why I'm extremely selective in what I watch/read/listen to), but with me being only human, and because, y'know, life, sh*t can happen unexpectedly.

I've only ever spoken with 1 other person that went through the same exact severity of nightmares that I have, but all my friend could tell me was when they reached their 30's, they just stopped all of a sudden. I'd rather not wait that long for mine to stop, but if that's what it takes, I guess it is what it is then.

To clarify, when I say nightmares, I don't just mean stereotypical ones; Like, the ones that are just slightly creepy, but after awhile when you wake up, you pretty much forget about them or laugh them off. Nope. Mine are like a horror movie lovers paradise... (A friend of mine who actually LOVES having nightmares, because she DOES love horror, wishes that she could have mine lmao.)
So yeah, to say I get frustrated and tired of it (no pun intended) is a major understatement. I can at least say some mornings are slightly better than others, but...meh.
people shouldn't make fun of you for that... I don't have it as a recurrent problem, but I've had bouts of really bad nightmares when I'm stressed too

that sounds really hard to deal with, honestly. it's something where there's really no easy answers. I hope it stops for you too, like it did for your friend. that sounds really stressful

It takes a lot to ruin my day so I hope I can vent about what really pissed me off today instead:

My maternity doctor or his staff scheduled appointments without my consent. I called to cancel, complain, and just now went to reschedule... and found they once again scheduled an appointment without my consent. Luckily I don't think they will charge me for these cancellations but talk about unprofessional.

I’ve had a really bad cold for the last few days which just sucks. So much mucous and coughing. So much. Like where does it all come from!?

The pandemic took a toll on everyone's immunity. I hope you get better soon.
Thanks. I’m already feeling better today than I was Monday-Tuesday, as in less lethargic. Just scared to move because it causes a coughing fit but I need to shower and go to the post office

I’ve had a really bad cold for the last few days which just sucks. So much mucous and coughing. So much. Like where does it all come from!?

Thanks. I’m already feeling better today than I was Monday-Tuesday, as in less lethargic. Just scared to move because it causes a coughing fit but I need to shower and go to the post office
Oh no ;-; I'm glad you're feeling better!

WRMD: My back feels like it's broken. I must have pulled a muscle. It's the weight of all the bad thoughts in my head.

WRMD: Today was the worst when it came to having Sh*tty/terrifying dreams for the past week... I also have a headache from waking up multiple times from said dreams. -_-

WMMD: Despite what I mentioned above, this is (at least so far) the best day I had this week. \o/ #FINALLY
One reason being, I found longplays for 2 childhood PS1 games that I've never been able to complete before, so once I find the time, I'm going to try at least the first game. (Frogger & Frogger 2, for those curious.) There are other reasons for why I'm in a joyful mood, but I'll just say that I haven't smiled & laughed so much in a long time. Can't tell you how much I needed/need it. This Hime is happy. :')

we actually did it... we bested India... and we bested them soundly... has this made my day? O, YOU BET IT HAS!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

an actual historic victory. probably won't get to witness this again in my lifetime because we suck. and so...

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

W(almost)RMD: Computer crashed and then said couldn't find boot device and to connect a hard drive when it restarted. Freaked me out a bit, since I've never backed it up.

WMMD: Restarted the computer again, and after it installed updates three times, it finally started up. First thing I did was back everything up, which was much easier than I expected. That's a relief and a load off my mind. Here's hoping it lasts a while longer, since I don't feel like buying a new one right now.

Back