What made or ruined your day?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sothis, Jan 23, 2016.

1. StanOfFandom

StanOfFandom Well-Known Member

WRMD: This darn heat is killing me. It's 104°F. I'm tired of this crazy weather and Global Warming

2. howtoprocrastinate

howtoprocrastinate Well-Known Member

WMMD: Got a small raise based on what other companies are paying the same position

3. OkamiHime95

OkamiHime95 Well-Known Member

WMMD (The past couple of days): There's so much I want to say, but to put it somewhat briefly, I'm going to be making 2 irl friends very soon. I'm extremely happy, but also hecking nervous, because social anxiety, and the past couple attempts with different people didn't go well. (One judged one of my diagnosis', and the other one was...well, let's just say they got obsessive... Smh. :pokerface: ) But I'm very hopeful for the ones that I'll be meeting, since one of them is basically a guy version of me, except he talks a lot lol. (Which is great for me, considering I'm pretty much a mute irl, unless you ask me something or bring up a topic that's interest related. :P )

So yeah, wish me luck this week, cause idk the exact date I'm seeing them yet.

4. StanOfFandom

Oh wow, that's great. Hope it goes well. Best of luck to you.

5. automotivated

automotivated Well-Known Member

w r m d:

love how i owned that shitty ford focus for years and it narrowly survived having a car roll into it and had multiple rocks slam into the windshield & nothing ever happened to it but i own my brand new car FOUR MONTHS and my windshield gets cracked on the highway. what the fuck, dude.

6. OkamiHime95

OkamiHime95 Well-Known Member

Thanks!

7. Vega

Vega Well-Known Member

WHAT THE FUCK

The hell is that windshield even made out of in your new car?

8. howtoprocrastinate

Damn, that sucks. What broke your window?

9. StanOfFandom

Oh wow, what brand was it? That's wild

10. automotivated

automotivated Well-Known Member

its just how it be when youre driving on the highway @ 80+ miles an hour. also probably the shape of my car being an SUV makes it worse.
    my bet is that it was a rock that got caught in the tire of the car in front of me, and it got kicked up and became a fuckin' missile that slapped into my windshield at the speed of light.

we've been having problems in the particular area i was in where people have been shooting BB guns at people's cars while theyre driving on highways. i dont think that it was someone shooting my windshield, the opposite side of the highway was blocked from view and i was in the fast lane, unless it was a pellet shot out randomly or something. Its really hard to say at that speed. I have a dashcam but i doubt it would catch something like that.
    its a kia. I dont really blame the manufacturer for road debris, its just bad luck on my end. only thing that sucks is most auto manufacturers dont cover glass damages under warranties.

w m m d:

speaking of that windshield debacle, i was able to find a local, small business who had a windshield repair deal on groupon. got it fixed for $30! safelite would have charged me $118. bless small businesses.

11. howtoprocrastinate

WTF. I can't believe people are shooting BB guns at cars. That's so dangerous. I'm guessing that it's probaly either middle schoolers or teenagers.

I'm glad that you were able to find such a cheap deal on windshields. Small businesses are a blessing

12. BrainBlow

BrainBlow Well-Known Member

WMMD: Getting my first vaccine dose today, finally!

13. Nitroglycerin

Nitroglycerin Well-Known Member

The U.K./U.S monopoly on vaccines sure slowed down a worldwide or even European roll out huh.

I’m getting my second dose on Sunday morning

14. Vuh

Vuh Gold Supporter

WRMD: The night shift. Can I get one normal goddamn night? The new guy quit an hour into his first shift. Another part-timer got shitcanned for stealing in front of a security guard. And I'm in charge tomorrow with two of the biggest knuckleheads I've ever known: a perpetually stoned slacker and a barely-literate 70-year-old. Wonderful. Oh, and an escaped mental patient from the inpatient mental health clinic next door to the store caught me and my coworker outside while we were on lunch, so I had to listen to some deranged lunatic rave about his violent fantasies while I ate my morning sandwich and drank my coffee.

WMMD: The Serial Shitter at my day job is back. Three years ago this guy would come into the store every week and take a shit in the aisles of the store. The store manager at the time told him to get the fuck out and if he ever saw him again he'd call the cops and beat the piss out of him while waiting for them to arrive. Well it's been three years and the guy is back at it again, I guess because he thinks enough time has passed that everyone somehow forgot about He Who Shits in Aisle 12. Anyway, he took a shit in the main entrance and a customer slipped in it about 10 minutes later. I can't wait until the store management catches him.

15. SilentBookworm

SilentBookworm Well-Known Member

WRMD: Being slightly late for work again due to my OCD and then finding out I have to deal with 5 monkey rooms (something usually only reserved for weekends and when I am assigned that, I usually get there much earlier than usual) which, as expected, led me to leaving a half hour late.

16. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

WMMD1: I'm home.
    2. I got Apple of my Eye from The Alley which is my personal fav, like strawberry milk or some shit.
    3. Got this... poké thing? It has ahi tuna or something with a bunch of other shit on it.
    4. I ain't outside.

17. Madoka

Madoka Bronze Supporter

WRMD: Work! Lots of work. We been working from home but are phasing into office return, which is fine (i guess) but my boss dumped his whole schedule on me (nothing like being back in the office!) whilst he went for a 3 hour lunch, got it all done but was stuck there until 19:00pm! Thankfully it's the weekend now!

WMMD: The silver lining being i found my old change jar in my old desk, it had some £80 (just over) in change which whilst not a jackpot, it certainly is a little bonus to find that around the house.

18. FoodLife

FoodLife Active Member

WRMD: my country is going into another severe lockdown
    also, school starts on Monday and I still haven't heard from the school regarding my classes

19. Clotilde

Clotilde Well-Known Member

you know what? i had pretty damn good day!

In the morning i went to get a blood test with my bro so then we went to have a family breakfast. We had coffee and tasty croissants, just chillin and talking for a while. Then we got some things we needed and some chores. In our way back home we saw a lil restaurant and were we just like "hey lets have lunch in here!" And now I'm back at home. Idk, it was a pretty chill day just hanging out with my family and catching up post-covid. The past couple of week I've been locked up in my room since my parents and brother had covid so i really appreciate the family time we had to day :D