What made or ruined your day?

WMMD: Facebook reminded me about some old posts today, and this one I posted nine years ago cracked me up:

"I finally broke down and bought a new pair of work shoes. My old pair is, how shall we say it, unrecognizable. I tend to wear my shoes to death, but this pair went to the grave and rose again, undead like their nocturnal wearer. Zombie shoes, yep."

Seems I haven't changed. My current pair of work shoes are so worn out that I walk funny because the soles wore down in strange places. Guess I get my money's worth out of them, at least.
Whelp, you certainly got your money's worth out of them. Definitely didn't waste your money on them. I can imagine how worn down your shoes are from your old post lol

WMMD: Facebook reminded me about some old posts today, and this one I posted nine years ago cracked me up:

"I finally broke down and bought a new pair of work shoes. My old pair is, how shall we say it, unrecognizable. I tend to wear my shoes to death, but this pair went to the grave and rose again, undead like their nocturnal wearer. Zombie shoes, yep."

Seems I haven't changed. My current pair of work shoes are so worn out that I walk funny because the soles wore down in strange places. Guess I get my money's worth out of them, at least.
Zombie Shoes! For the Undead, the Undying and the Immortal! No need to buy a new pair, these last forever!
-Trademark Akishima Incorporated LTD. 2012
giphy.gif

WMMD: I bought myself about a half dozen upgrades for my bicycle that should get here by next week. A rear rack, side panniers, a rear cargo bag, new kickstand, new lights, etc. It should make it a lot easier to commute to work and enable me to take extended, multiple-day trips with my bike beyond what I can already haul in my backpack. I'm starting to seriously entertain the idea of taking that UK bicycle tour in 2022 (if borders open up and the virus is sufficiently contained in the US/UK by then) that I tossed out as a throwaway comment in another thread. Still gotta buy several more upgrades, though, including getting a helmet. Maybe a new drive system, too. We'll see.

Zombie Shoes! For the Undead, the Undying and the Immortal! No need to buy a new pair, these last forever!
-Trademark Akishima Incorporated LTD. 2012
giphy.gif
Just don't wear them on sunny days or indoors, you will contaminate the air with the stench of rotting flesh!*

*no GMO flesh used only, certified by the FDA

w m m d: (a bit long winded)

there is something so stunning about strangers who only know you at a surface level, looking at you and saying 'hey, i can tell you would be perfect at xyz, here's a bunch of information, who to apply to, my personal information as a reference, and i know this, this, and this person and as a professional in this specific industry i ask you to please apply the industry would really benefit from you'

this happened a few hours ago now, but im shell-shocked to be entirely honest. this person is a regular customer, i always help them each time they visit my workplace. outside of my work we are strangers and they looked me in the eye and said i was a rare, valuable hard worker. How do i express how grateful i am that someone who barely knows me can look at me and tell me these things sincerely? that a person who barely knows me is willing to help me out, be a reference on my resume and give me a full on list of places they know would be totally interested in hiring me.

i have no words. Its flattering to a phenomenal degree because i do believe that i work hard, and i know the company i work for now does not appreciate it. I have a lot to learn, a lot of growth to go through as a person and future industry professional; but if someone comes in and tells me they think fucking NASA!!!!!! would like me i just????? im going to have an existential crisis what the fuck

i am genuinely stunned. they literally spent fifteen minutes writing down information for me, and their spouse was on the side like 'wait dont forget this, too' while the both of them are simultaneously telling me not to give up and to apply and go for it

i AM going to cry. i dont even care if this seems like a silly thing to post about but it was so touching. it is such a high compliment to have people i dont even know doing something, even if its a small gesture, that could change my life??? im staring at the list and i feel like this is the sequel to the tesla extravaganza from a couple years ago. someone just bitch slapped me with several massive opportunities and was like "i will literally help you, please try"

???? HOW

there is something so stunning about strangers who only know you at a surface level, looking at you and saying 'hey, i can tell you would be perfect at xyz, here's a bunch of information, who to apply to, my personal information as a reference, and i know this, this, and this person and as a professional in this specific industry i ask you to please apply the industry would really benefit from you'

this happened a few hours ago now, but im shell-shocked to be entirely honest. this person is a regular customer, i always help them each time they visit my workplace. outside of my work we are strangers and they looked me in the eye and said i was a rare, valuable hard worker. How do i express how grateful i am that someone who barely knows me can look at me and tell me these things sincerely? that a person who barely knows me is willing to help me out, be a reference on my resume and give me a full on list of places they know would be totally interested in hiring me.

i have no words. Its flattering to a phenomenal degree because i do believe that i work hard, and i know the company i work for now does not appreciate it. I have a lot to learn, a lot of growth to go through as a person and future industry professional; but if someone comes in and tells me they think fucking NASA!!!!!! would like me i just????? im going to have an existential crisis what the fuck

i am genuinely stunned. they literally spent fifteen minutes writing down information for me, and their spouse was on the side like 'wait dont forget this, too' while the both of them are simultaneously telling me not to give up and to apply and go for it

i AM going to cry. i dont even care if this seems like a silly thing to post about but it was so touching. it is such a high compliment to have people i dont even know doing something, even if its a small gesture, that could change my life??? im staring at the list and i feel like this is the sequel to the tesla extravaganza from a couple years ago. someone just bitch slapped me with several massive opportunities and was like "i will literally help you, please try"

???? HOW
YO THAT'S FUCKING AWESOME!

He's definitely right about you being a hard worker for sure!

In case you couldn't already tell I'M REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU <3 <3 <3
200.gif

If you make enough money you can come see me someday too aaaaaaaa! <3

YO THAT'S FUCKING AWESOME!

He's definitely right about you being a hard worker for sure!

In case you couldn't already tell I'M REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU <3 <3 <3
200.gif

If you make enough money you can come see me someday too aaaaaaaa! <3

like how do i recover from someone saying "if i had the power to, id hire you right now."

I CANT PROCESS THI S

WMMD: Seeing a male and female Cardinal outside my kitchen window. Was the first that I've seen this year. (For those that have never seen Cardinal's, the males feathers are red, and the females are a tannish-brown color, and both have black markings around their eyes.) Both are considered good luck, especially males.

WRMD: I tried natto for the first time today and it disagreed with my palate so much that it almost ruined dinner. I can see why so many people say it's an acquired taste.

wmmd

yoooooo.JPG

OH GOD

Now I need to unfollow people until I have 69 following. That way I'll fully evolve into a true cringe master.

WMMD:
Walmart messed up on my order now I got four packs of vanilla cola.
As well as pringles, garlic bread, and cinnamon rolls. Since they messed up, they give it to me for free.

???? HOW

Wow. That's an impressive compliment on what a good impression you make at your job. I hope you take advantage of the recommendations and give it a shot. I'm really happy for you! Keep us posted of new developments.

WRMD: Does the annoying litany of random bullshit I have to buy never fucking end? Had to buy speakers for my PC in order to hear the proctor for the LSAT because headphones aren't allowed (obviously). Had to buy a hex key set because the hex keys I have on hand don't fit my new kickstand and I can't attach it to my bike and I need more torque than a spanner can provide in that situation. Some of the wood supports under my bed have started to crack after half a decade so I have to go to the lumber yard and get new lumber supports. It never fucking ends.

WRMD: Does the annoying litany of random bullshit I have to buy never fucking end? Had to buy speakers for my PC in order to hear the proctor for the LSAT because headphones aren't allowed (obviously). Had to buy a hex key set because the hex keys I have on hand don't fit my new kickstand and I can't attach it to my bike and I need more torque than a spanner can provide in that situation. Some of the wood supports under my bed have started to crack after half a decade so I have to go to the lumber yard and get new lumber supports. It never fucking ends.
Mostly off subject but it's cool that you're going to Law school. My mother is 4L right now. One of the things she hated about the LSAT was the Logic Games because some of the rules/explanation/formatting they had for the games made no sense to her. She understood the laws but the games were what annoyed her.

Back