What made or ruined your day?

Where is this mythical functioning American transit system? I'll perform blood sacrifices to the Sun God if it means my train arrives on time.

Where I live I'd settle for any American public transit system at all.

WMMD: Tried butter garlic gnocchi for the first time in my life and almost died due to it being so delicious.

WRMD: Had a mistake I made at work exposed to my coworkers. I get it, it's for educational purposes and I messed up, but it fucking sucks. I come to this conclusion often, but I don't even want to go in tomorrow. Thank God it's my short shift.

WRMD: First the jacket, now my tie. I'm practically gonna go home in nothing but my slacks and an undershirt if the humidity gets any higher.

WMMD: Went to my favorite fried chicken joint for some dinner tonight and had a great conversation with one of the owners, whom I've known since high school. Turns out he's looking to franchise and install commercial HVAC in his location. I've been trying to close a merchant services sale on him for some time now but I think I'm finally closing in with a business loan of at least $30,000-60,000 with the guy. Just have to get back to the office after this bullshit corporate meeting tomorrow and see where it leads. Business clients are good money.

Every transit system should be like Japan's transit system.
Can confirm. Having trains be on time right to the second is amazing.

The on-time statistics of Japan's transit systems honestly bring a tear to my eye. I tell everyone I can about the time when their Minister of Transport apologized for something like a 20-second delay and I'm sitting here thinking "wow, a 20 second delay? NJ Transit had me sit in the Lincoln Tunnel for six hours"
My favourite is when a train company had to apologise for their trains leaving the station early.

WMMD: Yaboi Franco's officially living in the future, baby. Was on the commute home today and whipped out my fancy-shmancy new iPhone to shoot a message to some friends. I actually used the actual internet on the way home today! Shit, all I ever used to do was ignore people and get back to them whenever I goddamn pleased, but now I can get back to them in real time! This shit is so amazing.

I know this'll wear off sometime next week, because I'm already starting to miss getting back to people whenever I goddamn pleased. But I haven't tried out Spotify yet, so at least there's one more thing to be excited about.

I dunno I think her country needs to upgrade their train game. Seems pretty weak.

Aw, our trains crash all the time too. I'm so used to this, that when I go overseas and take the trains, I'm absolutely floored by how fast and spacious they are. I actually think it's weird if the trains run on time without crashing or causing problems for the riders. Something's wrong with me, I'm aware.

Every transit system should be like Japan's transit system.

Makoto Shinkai can make me orgasm to trains. This is a fact.

But if there's one thing to turn me off Japan's train system, it's the assigned pushers. Don't they push people inside the trains if there's way too many people on the platform?

WRMD: Avengers Endgame screenwriters

Spoilers for Endgame ahead
they confirmed that Steve Rogers, the blessed Captain America, is the father of Peggy Carter's children. Which means in Civil War, he's making out with his granddaughter.

Ew

Jesus, they're turning into the JK Rowling of Marvel at this rate. I love what they did for the Avengers, but geesh, maybe it's time for them to shut up now.

Star on Monday: Okay, so you bought a couple of the Sims games, so chill with spending for some time

Star today: Bought a new board game, Burger King, and some homemade strudel. Gonna have to eat breadcrumbs from now on, but worth it.

giphy.gif

When does Steam summer sale begin again?

WMMD: Yaboi Franco's officially living in the future, baby. Was on the commute home today and whipped out my fancy-shmancy new iPhone to shoot a message to some friends. I actually used the actual internet on the way home today! Shit, all I ever used to do was ignore people and get back to them whenever I goddamn pleased, but now I can get back to them in real time! This shit is so amazing.

I know this'll wear off sometime next week, because I'm already starting to miss getting back to people whenever I goddamn pleased. But I haven't tried out Spotify yet, so at least there's one more thing to be excited about.

giphy.gif

Congrats to having a new fancy distraction in your life.

WMMD

I learned how to play magic the gathering! Here's to a fruitful neckbeard life full of wasted money on decks and also more decks.

JK I'm never playing it again

(Well I might, it was really fun but I wouldn't like, spend money on it)

I thought the same back then and I ended up with 2 decks and a bunch of extra cards I haven't touched since 2006. At this point I'm just waiting for them to be old enough to increase in price and sell them

Makoto Shinkai can make me orgasm to trains. This is a fact.
But did you know that cherry blossoms fall at a rate of 5cm per second?
giphy.gif

Realizing that you can still get back to people whenever you goddamn please is one of the best parts of having a smartphone.
And having so many people texting you that you just forget some of them completely. The second best part.

I thought the same back then and I ended up with 2 decks and a bunch of extra cards I haven't touched since 2006. At this point I'm just waiting for them to be old enough to increase in price and sell them
Again it's fun and all, I like all the elaborate scheming you can do with the crazy cards there are, and the art is neat, but like, there are only so many interests a dude can have when he has like a job and college and 3 interests which already cost money. So I'd probably be the same way :P

WMMD

I learned how to play magic the gathering! Here's to a fruitful neckbeard life full of wasted money on decks and also more decks.

JK I'm never playing it again

(Well I might, it was really fun but I wouldn't like, spend money on it)

I was looking at the pricing to buy cards the other day and it's absurdly expensive now. It wasn't cheap back in the day either, but the amount you'd have to spend to actually customize a deck that would be fun to play is ridiculous. There are several online versions, but they're limited and not as satisfying even if they're significantly cheaper.

WRMD: Avengers Endgame screenwriters

Spoilers for Endgame ahead
they confirmed that Steve Rogers, the blessed Captain America, is the father of Peggy Carter's children. Which means in Civil War, he's making out with his granddaughter.

Ew

Time travel ruins everything.

Back