What made or ruined your day?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sothis, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Funkgun

Funkgun Forum Moderator

Aces.

2. MythicalTurkey

MythicalTurkey Well-Known Member

WMMD?

Got way too many compliments on my customer service skills and even personality from customers today. People telling me I'm funny/my lane is the fastest in the front end ect. I don't love bragging about stuff but I very very rarely am ever complimented so this is just strange.

It's scary. Praise is the way to my heart so I'm starting to think people are trying to brainwash me into staying a cashier forever since I'm apparently so good at shoving things across a table while seeming like a functioning human. This is the end. If you don't hear from me in a year please check the walmart in Spokane, I've probably become a charismatic brainslave to the corporate overlords

3. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

It's nice to see you're having a positive experience with your job even if it's customer service because we're quite a doom and gloom bunch about jobs here lol

I'd say, it practically almost feels even better when a stranger compliments you because they don't know who you really are too well, so good going there.

Yeji, UniversalParanoia1, Vuh and 5 others like this.
  4. FunkyTime

FunkyTime Well-Known Member

Dude, I'm worried about you. Get some time off man. :/

5. MythicalTurkey

That's what I think too, it really is what gets me through my life is praise from others in a lot of ways. The way my brain works is similar where in some cases I'll have convinced myself that "they're just saying that because they know me" so it's nice for strangers to do it, for sure.

Then again, a vast majority of the people I know actually dislike me more the more they get to know me, so, that's something to think about...

6. ValkyrieNight

ValkyrieNight Well-Known Member

Yea, my family and friends have many names for me too :/
    My metabolism doesn't really let me keep anything, I'm a skinny stick with noodle arms and people always mistake me for a teenager :/
    Not really, no. I'm relatively happy even with the constant hunger :/

Indeed, also means you won't get bet if you ever visit the Emerald Isle...

UniversalParanoia1 and Gozza like this.
  7. Vuh

Vuh Well-Known Member

Posted by Vuh on Jun 15, 2019
    My friends IRL say the same thing :crying:
    I'm trying but I can confidently and unironically say that without me both of my work crews would be screwed on any given day. Plus student loans from my aborted MPA...

Good thing is that I'm getting all 24 hours of my birthday off. No bank. No overnight. No freelance writing. Just me, a box of cigars, a bottle of whiskey, the summer sun, a newspaper, and a radio. I can't wait

8. Franconator

Franconator Well-Known Member

WMMD: Got myself one of them iPhone thingies and it's rad as fuck. I feel like I'm living in the future with this big thing. Yaboi Franco's living large now, baby.

WRMD (sort of): Now if only I can figure out why the albums I'm placing on this new iPhone thingy split into individual songs...

Not with that attitude.

9. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

I don't think I'll ever end up getting a smartphone. dumb flip phones 4 lyfe.

10. Franconator

I used to think people would have to drag me kicking and screaming into this new techno-ridden future. Turns out the only words I needed to hear were "infinite music choices."

Nitroglycerin, Nicknames, Vuh and 9 others like this.
  11. Yeji

Yeji Well-Known Member

When I had two jobs this was a constant struggle. My second job promised me 10-15 hours a week and maybe not even that unless the full timers called off or took time. It was proven quite early on that they had no respect for that agreement or my primary schedule. I was told at the interview that the manager didn’t like seeing anyone at work more than two Saturdays in a row, and I was happy with that. But once things got rolling, I was scheduled pretty much every Saturday and Sunday for the 4 or so months I stayed there, plus two or three times a week. I never pulled in less than 20 hours there on top of my first job. I definitely wasn’t working as much as you seem to be, but I reached burnout quite fast. Never having a day off and leaving work just to go to work wore down on me. I really really hope something happens for you that allows you a break. Lord knows you need one.

WMMD: I knew someone in my town had a rooster, but I never actually noticed until this morning when it started to call. I love him.

12. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

You're not truly hardcore unless you own one of these babies:

[​IMG]

Motorola DynaTAC is the only one true way of life.

13. MythicalTurkey

that reminds me, anyone else ever got that spotify+hulu bundle? It's frickin sick. It's like a world of magic was born on my phone for six dollars a month.

UniversalParanoia1 and Nicknames like this.
  14. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

[​IMG]

15. automotivated

automotivated Well-Known Member

w m m d: my life has been shit lately so I adopted two kitten brothers to fill the holes in my heart
    [​IMG]

16. Vuh

Vuh Well-Known Member

Posted by Vuh on Jun 15, 2019
    Is such a thing even possible?

17. MythicalTurkey

For confirmed enrolled students :D

UniversalParanoia1 and Nicknames like this.
  18. RogueLynx

RogueLynx Well-Known Member

i legit squealed due to the cuteness overload...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  19. Franconator

What are their names?

20. Antares90

Antares90 Well-Known Member

Kind of a long story, so here goes. Warning, I have quite to unload. #WRMD

You see, back in like 2013 two of my friends met through me and they hit it off. She's from Cali, this other guy - more of an acquaintance at the time - worked with me at Walmart. So she comes over here, moves in with him, and have a kid together.

My gut had told me to not mention the guy's past: he was petty when his crush some time back didn't reciprocate his feelings, and was kind of a jerk. I could have told my friend from Cali about this guy's past, but he had been behaving as of late and wanted to see the best in him. Thinking, "Oh you know what? Maybe this girl changed him."

I was dead wrong. As it turns out, some time after they move in together, he starts neglecting her and cheating on her. Yet she can't move out because of reasons, and lives with him and her mother. From the way things have been going, she's been miserable. I was feeling guilty for not having told her a thing, so I confessed that he was always kind of an ass. And I brought it up repeatedly, because I was that guilty. She simply told me not to sweat it each time, as at least now she has a baby girl which has brought joy into her life. At some point, I start feeling at peace.

But today, on a Facebook update, I went on about how love still exists, and those who say men/women are trash merely met the wrong ones, as the right ones always deliver. Friend from Cali disagrees with me and it goes downhill from there. She felt I was judgmental on people who don't hold stuff in when I merely said I disliked those who spread their bitterness on those who don't deserve it. Like "Hey, I know your wife is awesome and all but that's not gonna last." Stuff like that. I even reiterated it later by telling her it's one thing to unload your burdens on a trustworthy friend, it's another thing entirely to take out your frustrations on people who don't deserve it.

Then I get sucker punched. "Oh you claim to be a good person but didn't warn me about [insert husband's name here]? Get off your self-righteous high horse." I'm paraphrasing here but that's basically what she said. I'll admit I've done many wrongs, but this? I thought she was over it. Despite telling me not to worry about it, deep down, she still held that against me. That or she was just looking for ammunition to fire back at me during our discussion. But they're both equally bad.

What did I learn from this? Forgiveness is hard to achieve. There's people I find hard to forgive, but in the meantime I just don't talk to them. There's simply no love there. And, well, people can't just say "I forgive you" and move on. It's more complicated than that. And today I was on the receiving end of it. As badly as I felt from her choice words, I realized I was naive to think I could be forgiven that easily. I just wish she had been more honest about it from the start.