What made or ruined your day?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sothis, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Yeah, I noticed you haven't been around for awhile or rather posting about anime for awhile. Felt weird without your presence!

(You left penguindrum, I think on the last two episodes as well lol)

2. UniversalParanoia1

UniversalParanoia1 Well-Known Member

I know :( school has been keeping me busy lately. I used to watch anime after I finished homework, but homework has been making me work past bedtime recently. Exams are coming up so the stress level is max atm. But, I’m gonna see what I can get done this weekend.

3. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Oof, that sucks. Hope the workload lightens up sometime then.

P.S. And hey, it's almost summer time at least.

4. UniversalParanoia1

UniversalParanoia1 Well-Known Member

YEAHHH! My last day of school is next Thursday so I’m just hanging on til then.

5. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Oh it is?

[​IMG]

Derpy dancing time to celebrate. Kanpaiiiiiii

6. Vuh

Vuh Well-Known Member

Posted by Vuh on May 16, 2019
    Wanna trade places? I think the last time I had a solid month off was when I was your age, too...

Ironically I spent that entire summer writing a Persona 3 fanfiction so I don't even think that counts as a vacation. *sob*

7. MonsterDream

MonsterDream Database Moderator

That's very sad. I'm really sorry for your loss.

Good job on your test. I'm happy for you.

And thank you.

I hope you didn't really let what's going on with me to ruin your day though. I'm sorry if I bummed you out ...

I'll be honest, it's really hard to keep my chin up right now, but I'll try. And yeah ... I did talk about it with my employer and she said I can take a vacation from 21 to 31 May. So I just need to try and hang on for a few days ... some how ... I also asked for a little lighter workload after that, but I haven't gotten a response on that yet.

Thank you both, you're very kind. I think I've done enough venting though ... at least for now ... but I'll keep your offers in mind.

8. Gozza

Gozza Well-Known Member

At least something to look forward to and glad to hear your employer is willing to listen! Good shit m'lady!

9. FunkyTime

FunkyTime Well-Known Member

No. You posted about it here so that's where I responded, but I have enough self control to keep others' problems away from mine. I guess "What affected me and made me feel compassion" would have been another way to describe it. No need to feel guilty, as I care about what I want to care about.

No worries. The offer is there if and whenever you want to take it, and if you don't, that's fine as well. :)

10. MonsterDream

MonsterDream Database Moderator

Oh ... I'm not really feeling guilty either ... just thought I'd be polite or something ... I dunno. Anyway good to know.

11. FunkyTime

Oh, good, just making sure. :)

12. Nicknames

Nicknames Database Moderator

Indeed, I got to experience it first-hand and I went from being really happy about the job to really jaded really fast

*Flashbacks of working on retail for 3 weeks in a row with no days off during my first month intensifies*

I'm sorry to hear about that Hell0emi. My condolences

13. TurkeyGami

TurkeyGami Well-Known Member

*gets the same flashback*
    Whoa nick what are you doing here

14. Nicknames

Nicknames Database Moderator

[​IMG]

I-It's almost like our minds are connected!

15. Vuh

Vuh Well-Known Member

WMMD: Manager is away so we got fat burritos for work today. I'm about to have the itis

16. TurkeyGami

May your tortillas be firmly tucked and your meats not be led astray to wander out of the wrap. Amen.

17. HasseRovdjur

HasseRovdjur Breast Claw

Is there a company policy in place against burritos above a certain thickness? Inquiring minds want to know.

18. Vuh

Vuh Well-Known Member

No, but our lunch is only a half hour and the nearest Chipotle is a 15 minute drive from here. There's a Mexican place right across the street with even better burritos but the owners take random trips to Mexico and close the store all the time.

19. TurkeyGami

They're holding the real burritos out on you all the way in Mexico. If you ask me this is justice.

UniversalParanoia1, Vuh and Nicknames like this.
  20. FunkyTime

What neither ruined nor made my day but is kind of a thing so I'm posting about it: Tfw Idiot Friend wants to come over and drink but it's a Thursday and I'm super tired but I still let him come over because I'm busy on the weekend and I get grumpy when I don't get to drink with Idiot Friend once a week. Friendship is weird.