What made or ruined your day?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sothis, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

WRMD: Dog took a nice shit in the car. I’d be mad but I can’t stay mad with his level of adorableness.

2. MythicalTurkey

MythicalTurkey Well-Known Member

WMMD
    But for real though, my mom bought me wendy's.

Yes I know it's garbage. But it is delicious to a college student and I hardly get to have it.

She the real OG

3. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Well it's at least got the best memes with smug wendy's girl being best girl, therefore it's acceptable garbage.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  4. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

You calling Wendy's garbage? That shit is money relative to fast food joints for cheap; Dave's Single combo for like $4 back a few summers ago was so pimp, took it to class at least once a week in my summer course for like... World History or something, technology through the ages where Age of Empires II and Bernard Cornwell took me through the first exam.

And the Wendy's girl is one hot tamale.

5. MonsterDream

MonsterDream Well-Known Member

WRMD: I'm still awake.

6. RogueLynx

RogueLynx Well-Known Member

SAME!!!!!

i hesitate to call anything an outright WRMD tho...

PS: it's 7 AM here, had to get up at 4 for breakfast. and i don't have school today...

7. MonsterDream

I don't hesitate. I know this entire day will suck even worse than yesterday.

8. RogueLynx

read up on the self-fulfilling prophecy...

9. MonsterDream

It's not a prophecy. It's a fact. And I have only myself to blame for it. So ... yeah ... I suck.

10. RogueLynx

if u're day does go badly, this, sadly, will be true, but there's a chance that if you keep telling yourself that this day'll rock notwithstanding your sleep deprivation or whatever, it'll actually turn out to not be that bad. gotta harness the power of your subconscious...

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  11. MonsterDream

I really appreciate you trying to cheer me up. I really do. And inject me with positive thinking ...

But you see ... it's not just only in my head. It's not like I am thinking "Oh this day will suck ..." over and over again until I really start to believe it.
    I have done so in the past, I know I have so I know this time it's not that.

I know it will suck because I had a deadline yesterday which I didn't meet because once again I was trying to battle anxiety but failed miserably. Like I so very often do. And when I fail I come here and ...

Now it's currently 06.02 am and I'm still trying to work. And the reason why today is gonna suck even more is that I can't go to sleep any time soon because I have another deadline tomorrow.

12. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Sounds like you lead a very, very busy life with loads of work and topped off with anxiety? Ouch.... all I can say is good luck Katoire.

13. MonsterDream

Yeah... I'm sure I'm not the only one here who has to face the similar problems and I always feel bad for complaining but apparently I can't stop ... Sorry about that.

Anyway ...

Thank you.

14. RogueLynx

oh shit... ok, well, best of luck with those assignments..?

hoping you'll get a break soon...

and be able to afford one if thats an issue...

15. MonsterDream

Thank you. I actually do plan to take a small vacation at the end of the month ... but only if I survive until then ... plenty of deadlines ahead of me still...

16. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Yeah, I think breaks are really important to recollect your thoughts and re-charge your energy because good lord, if weekends didn't exist for me. I'd burn out too fast.

17. MythicalTurkey

MythicalTurkey Well-Known Member

This is the one i meant to respond to.

BUT BASICALLY

I AGREE.

I'm gonna go home now. I'm drunk =D

18. MonsterDream

I very often have to work on weekends and well ... to be honest I've lasted 1 year and 8 months without a proper vacation , t hat's how long I've had my current job. I've had some free days but ... well ... I suppose it was about time I broke down ...

19. Nitroglycerin

Nitroglycerin Forum Moderator

Good luck getting through it all Kat!
    And this is why I want to change my shifts so I have two days off together. Having them separate isn’t a proper break from work and I’d be able to see taek more

20. MonsterDream

Thank you. Luck is definitely something I need right now ... and an understanding employer as well ... I just wrote her that one of the translations going to be late. She's usually really understanding, I hope today won't be an exception.