What made or ruined your day?

wmmd: IM GOIN BACK TO WORK TOMORROW SUCKERS CAN I GET A HELL YEAH

OqQNUDs.gif

WRMD:
I myself did. I got up on the wrong side of the bed and have been really rude and generally annoying right after I got up for some reason. I apologized from my behavior already and just going to stay glued on my computer desk for the rest of the day. That way I have smaller chance to get on anyone's bad side.

This is probably one of those days when I should keep my interactions with others minimum since I don't really want to make anyone feel bad or piss anyone off, but here I am. Oh what a hypocrite thing to do from me.

WMMD on friday:

Went to a submission grappling event called Polaris in London. It's a pretty big event in brazilian jiu-jitsu, and I got there early enough to be right at the front. That meant I'm almost always visible on the camera (which was unintentional, but I find funny), but also you can hear me shout and cheer during each fight.

But what really made the night, though. There's a Welsh fighter called Ffion Davies , that was fighting on the night. She's an ex Welsh team judo player before she transitioned into BJJ, and I've been following her career for a while (I've trained with her old judo coach on numerous occasions and he's fucking excellent too) and a couple of years ago she was scheduled to do a "superfight" against a woman called Gezary Matuda, a Brazilian woman that has built up a reputation for finishing most fights by submission, and finishing them really fast. She's an absolute legend of the sport, but a bit arrogant. The fight a couple of years ago was cancelled because Matuda said that Davies wasn't ready for it yet. This seemed to put Davies into overdrive, she became European champion, world champion, won the Abu Dhabi grand Prix, and has basically been smashing the circuit. So Matuda decided that Davies was ready to fight her, and this was the main fight I wanted to see on Friday. Davies not only destroyed her, but did it in under 3 minutes of a 15 minute fight, and finished it with my favourite strangle. I watched the fight back yesterday, and as soon as you see Matuda tap out, you can clearly hear me shout my joy. It was an excellent night.

WMMD: I JUST GOT MY FIRST JOB AS JEWEL AND I'M GOING TO ORIENTATION ON TUESDAY LET'S GET THIS BREAD BOYS

tenor.gif

What the- how- I thought you were older! Are you drinking some elixar of youth or something, stealing years like POTC:OST or something?

I forgot you folk around the British Isles and that whole island thing with Ireland and UK together don't get the quality Canadian (But kinda American) cartoonage that trumps all, and we even got Tintin before you (And the Brits), which is just wiz.

I feel like I'm the youngest reoccurring member of this forum

Yeah in fact they’re more active than you are.
OK LISTENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, I only haven't been because I'm 18 and I haven't secured my life like most of you have at this point, probably wouldn't have gotten the job at Jewel in the first place if I hadn't gotten off for some time to apply to a shit ton of places.

WRMD: Remember a day or two ago I was so happy I can have free days soon? Even span around like an idiot and all that ...
Yeah well ... happened something I was secretly afraid would happen. They just got officially canceled. I should have known better not to get my hopes up. Damn it. I need some days off so bad ... I could cry right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
WRMD: Remember a day or two ago I was so happy I can have free days soon? Even span around like an idiot and all that ...
Yeah well ... happened something I was secretly afraid would happen. They just got officially canceled. I should have known better not to get my hopes up. Damn it. I need some days off so bad ... I could cry right now.
I feel your pain. Hope you get some time off soon before you snap and kill everyone.

Back