What made or ruined your day?

WRMD:
My friend bought me a Steam game as a present last Friday with basic message saying "Merry Christmas. Let's play this soon" etc etc. I wasn't on a computer on weekend cause I was staying in my girlfriends place and since I just got a new phone I hadn't switched my Steam authentication to my new one, which means I couldn't accept it through the phone. I come back home on Sunday and since I was busy I got on Steam late Monday night, but the gift wasn't there, but I just had a guess that it was just canceled and he'd send it to me once he's online. He comes online today and goes straight to play the said game he had bought me. I send him a message about the game, which he replies "Well you didn't take it so I gifted it to another friend".

I wouldn't really mind this if he'd just randomly gifted it to me or if he wasn't so good friend of mine, but he said that he had bought it to me when we went to eat last week and kinda promised it to me as a Christmas present. I also really wanted to play the said game with him since I'm a shy and awkward person and a picky gamer so I rarely have anyone to play with in the first place.

This is probably a pretty small thing, but I guess anyone would get at least a bit mad if an important person gives your present to someone else.

Oh hell no. The rule of gift-giving is, once you've given it away, you're not allowed to take it back and re-gift it to someone else. That's just rude.

WRMD:

There is a wasp buzzing around outside my window and I am too scared to do anything about it. Common sense tells me to just leave it be, because it'll have to go away eventually. Which is exactly the problem. It goes away, but it keeps coming back, and I think it might be making a nest right by my window. I am being held hostage in my own room by a wasp. It has made me a prisoner of my own home. I mean, that's fine, really, I don't like going out, but I'd like to do all that stuff on my own terms, please. This wasp just isn't giving me the option.

Now that I think about it, I could always move out. Make a new name for myself. Live somewhere isolated where the wasps can't get to me. It must never find me. IT MUST NEVER KNOW THAT I KNOW

Oh hell no. The rule of gift-giving is, once you've given it away, you're not allowed to take it back and re-gift it to someone else. That's just rude.

WRMD:

There is a wasp buzzing around outside my window and I am too scared to do anything about it. Common sense tells me to just leave it be, because it'll have to go away eventually. Which is exactly the problem. It goes away, but it keeps coming back, and I think it might be making a nest right by my window. I am being held hostage in my own room by a wasp. It has made me a prisoner of my own home. I mean, that's fine, really, I don't like going out, but I'd like to do all that stuff on my own terms, please. This wasp just isn't giving me the option.

Now that I think about it, I could always move out. Make a new name for myself. Live somewhere isolated where the wasps can't get to me. It must never find me. IT MUST NEVER KNOW THAT I KNOW
Wasps know two things:
  1. Non-wasps are shitbags that need to get fucking stung until they're dead.
  2. You are a non-wasp and need to get fucking stung until you're dead.
Your only options are:

1. Move out.
  2. Burn the place down and collect the insurance.
  3. Burn the place down and blame it on someone.
  4. Be a dumbfuck and try and find the hive then the fucker isn't there. If found near your window, get one of them spray things they use as a makeshift flamethrower, a lighter and burn that shit to the ground and get the fuck out of dodge when they swarm out to rat pack your ass.
  5. Move out then come back in the dead of night to burn the fuckers.
It's you or him, and it's your job to make sure it's him, even at the cost of you.

WRMD:
My friend bought me a Steam game as a present last Friday with basic message saying "Merry Christmas. Let's play this soon" etc etc. I wasn't on a computer on weekend cause I was staying in my girlfriends place and since I just got a new phone I hadn't switched my Steam authentication to my new one, which means I couldn't accept it through the phone. I come back home on Sunday and since I was busy I got on Steam late Monday night, but the gift wasn't there, but I just had a guess that it was just canceled and he'd send it to me once he's online. He comes online today and goes straight to play the said game he had bought me. I send him a message about the game, which he replies "Well you didn't take it so I gifted it to another friend".

I wouldn't really mind this if he'd just randomly gifted it to me or if he wasn't so good friend of mine, but he said that he had bought it to me when we went to eat last week and kinda promised it to me as a Christmas present. I also really wanted to play the said game with him since I'm a shy and awkward person and a picky gamer so I rarely have anyone to play with in the first place.

This is probably a pretty small thing, but I guess anyone would get at least a bit mad if an important person gives your present to someone else.

This is totally uncool. No wonder you’re bummed out by it.

Wrmd: completely busy this week at work. I’m so tired.

Wmmd: completely busy this week at work. I’m gonna kick my sales targets ass and get me some bonus.

Wasps know two things:
  1. Non-wasps are shitbags that need to get fucking stung until they're dead.
  2. You are a non-wasp and need to get fucking stung until you're dead.
Your only options are:

1. Move out.
  2. Burn the place down and collect the insurance.
  3. Burn the place down and blame it on someone.
  4. Be a dumbfuck and try and find the hive then the fucker isn't there. If found near your window, get one of them spray things they use as a makeshift flamethrower, a lighter and burn that shit to the ground and get the fuck out of dodge when they swarm out to rat pack your ass.
  5. Move out then come back in the dead of night to burn the fuckers.
It's you or him, and it's your job to make sure it's him, even at the cost of you.

I see you've taken lessons from the John Wick School of Revenge as well, good sir.

giphy.gif

WRMD: TFW you spend 3 weeks studying for an exam, think you did a decent job on it (not great, but at least decent), then get the results and get 9 points out of 50. Like, what the fuck? What the actual fuck? 9 points. 9. I knew I probably wasn't going to get the 35 I needed. But 9??

WRMD:
I had appeared for an interview at a good company about a month ago and they said they'd contact me and let me know the results of the aptitude round but I never received any call or email from them. Just found out that the reason they rejected me was they didn't want female candidates (I had passed the aptitude). Wish they could have said that straight to my face on the day itself instead of keeping my hopes up or at least mentioned it in their job description, plenty of IT companies do it :/ Why do people still think that girls are not suitable for IT!? I'd rather be rejected for not being capable enough instead for my gender. :flip:

I was the only girl in the batch and the person who was helping with placement is saying that he can't find any opening in a company that accepts female candidates so I should go for sales or customer support instead :flip:

Last edited:
WRMD:
I had appeared for an interview at a good company about a month ago and they said they'd contact me and let me know the results of the aptitude round but I never received any call or email from them. Just found out that the reason they rejected me was they didn't want female candidates (I had passed the aptitude). Wish they could have said that straight to my face on the day itself instead of keeping my hopes up or at least mentioned it in their job description, plenty of IT companies do it :/ Why do people still think that girls are not suitable for IT!? I'd rather be rejected for not being capable enough instead for my gender. :flip:

I was the only girl in the batch and the person who was helping with placement is saying that he can't find any opening in a company that accepts female candidates so I should go for sales or customer support instead :flip:

Are you sure that kind of stuff isn't outlawed where you live? It sure is over here.

WRMD:

They are what we in the biz call "fuck-faces." Or at least I do... it's very possible no one else says that...

Regardless, @FunkyTim is right, fuck 'em. Not worth the sexist horseshit they'd put you through, and you should probably at least check if there's any authority where you live that will take complaints on this. I'm sorry to hear this problem still exists at all and that it's affecting you :( Keep your head up and keep looking, not sure what specific IT position you're looking for, but some of them can include working remotely, so depending on the specifics you might be able to work for a company in a completely different city. And if all else fails and you absolutely have to take a spot in another department, look at it this way: it's a foot in the door; play your cards right, talk to the right people, figure out little ways to show your knowledge of the field, and sometimes department transfers can happen. It's easier to bring someone from inside the company than hire someone from the outside, you just have to hope they know that, and make sure they know you're an option. Tailor your résumé to the job you're applying for, but make sure it also speaks to your ability in the field you actually want, and maybe subtly point that out (though you also probably don't want it to be too obvious that you're settling).

They are what we in the biz call "fuck-faces." Or at least I do... it's very possible no one else says that...

Regardless, @FunkyTim is right, fuck 'em. Not worth the sexist horseshit they'd put you through, and you should probably at least check if there's any authority where you live that will take complaints on this. I'm sorry to hear this problem still exists at all and that it's affecting you :( Keep your head up and keep looking, not sure what specific IT position you're looking for, but some of them can include working remotely, so depending on the specifics you might be able to work for a company in a completely different city. And if all else fails and you absolutely have to take a spot in another department, look at it this way: it's a foot in the door; play your cards right, talk to the right people, figure out little ways to show your knowledge of the field, and sometimes department transfers can happen. It's easier to bring someone from inside the company than hire someone from the outside, you just have to hope they know that, and make sure they know you're an option. Tailor your résumé to the job you're applying for, but make sure it also speaks to your ability in the field you actually want, and maybe subtly point that out (though you also probably don't want it to be too obvious that you're settling).
I was looking up on it and apparently it's legal. What I found online is pretty much the same things the person in charge of placements told me. There are government laws prohibiting companies from making female employees work before and after certain timings; female employees are allowed to work anywhere from 6AM to 7PM (which can be extended to 10PM) with some additional laws of maximum permissible hours of work (with overtime). Certain sectors including IT have been exempted but have to make arrangements for transportation facilities for women before 6AM and after 8:30PM. Many IT companies have night shifts so they prefer not to hire female candidates. To add to it I have read plenty of articles in newspapers about there being a drop in hiring women due to paid maternity leave and the recent METOO movement. It's entirely up to individual companies/firms whether they want to hire female employees or not. I guess I'll just have to keep trying till I find some place that hires women. And thanks for the tips ^_^

WRMD:

That is so fucking stupid. I hope you're able to find a company that isn't a bunch of sexist assholes.

I was looking up on it and apparently it's legal. What I found online is pretty much the same things the person in charge of placements told me. There are government laws prohibiting companies from making female employees work before and after certain timings; female employees are allowed to work anywhere from 6AM to 7PM (which can be extended to 10PM) with some additional laws of maximum permissible hours of work (with overtime). Certain sectors including IT have been exempted but have to make arrangements for transportation facilities for women before 6AM and after 8:30PM. Many IT companies have night shifts so they prefer not to hire female candidates. To add to it I have read plenty of articles in newspapers about there being a drop in hiring women due to paid maternity leave and the recent METOO movement. It's entirely up to individual companies/firms whether they want to hire female employees or not. I guess I'll just have to keep trying till I find some place that hires women. And thanks for the tips ^_^

Wow, those are some pretty awful laws. And this is why we need to fight for equality in every country, for every woman. It’s crap that you can’t get a job because of your gender

Great, so companies pulling their usual shit with avoiding things that cost them a tiny fractional percentage of their profits and scapegoating victims... hurray for self-regulation >.>

*ahem* Sorry. Positive, non-politically-charged thoughts...

You're welcome! Good luck, I hope you're able to find something good :)

Jesus fuck...............what kind of ass-backwards place is this. My deepest condolences.

Back