What is Your Favorite Social Media

What forms of social media, or messaging do you use?

• Facebook

Votes: 24 36.9%
  • Twitter

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Instagram

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Twitch

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Something like Sina Weibo, or other Asian ones I do not know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Forums (here or elsewhere)

Votes: 24 36.9%
  • Snapchat

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Discord

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • Reddit

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • You Tube

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • Imgur

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Tumblr

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • VK or OK (Russian)

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Hey, I still Blog (Blogger or other)

• Deviant Art

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Pintrest

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Dailymotion

• Slack

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Gaming one like Steam

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Other (let us know which one)

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Tik Tok

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • WhatsApp

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • WeMe

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Funkgun

Forum Moderator
If you are wondering what the funk is going on with me, I want to encapsulate trends. It might be fun to revisit this in a year.

Other just fill in what is missing. Or I could also add it to the poll.

I like to lurk Reddit and Imgur for the memes, and youtube because what else can I waste my short life on.

Only social media I use is these forums.

I do spend alot of time watching youtube vids but I don't consider that as social media. Lets be honest YT comments sections are not social areas.
At least the ones I see arnt (news and politics)
Even comment sections for star wars vids are shitstorms these days.

I only actively use Instagram.
I *have* a Facebook but it has hardly any friends and I rarely post anything on it
I avoid people I know in real life in all forms

I use:
  • Facebook - so I can log into mobile games from time to time or to talk/send memes to my husband
  • discord - for the memes thing or to talk about bingo stuff
  • this forum - but I'm mostly a lurker :D
Hmmm, I guess I don't really use the social media!

Much as I hate to admit it, Tumblr. Yes it's a shoddily run hellsite full of assholes and is a shell of itself since the NSFW ban. But it's also full of cheeseballs like me who love dumb, fluffy shipping art and fanfics and such.

I check Instragam occasionally and post once every blue moon. I have a Facebook and Snapchat accounts but I haven't used them in years. Then, of course, this forum.

tumblr. mostly because I genuinely like the concept of the site. partly cuz i've made a name for myself there. though ever new update to the site drives me away.

twitter is kinda second place but I haaate twitter. i like mastodon more but no ones on mastodon.
y
discord is fun but i dont mesh with servers well.

I use this forum the most. I probably browse Instagram more often, but I prefer twitter in general. I don't feel like I'm browsing the highlight reel of someone's life there, though you do get a lot of shit on all the platforms.

Twitter's a lot of fun. It's a very witty place in general, so I enjoy the jokes and shitposts I find there.

I only keep my Facebook around so I can still access those online secondhand bookstores I frequent.

I find myself less and less on twitter. I think Reddit won out when I created those 2 accounts a while back.
I mean, I still get on it, just not as much as the past.

Interesting, I did not know I created both accounts the same year.

I do have accounts on most of these poll options, although on a few I would say that I use on any regular basis. I don't know if you're specifically looking for the reasoning why they are used, but I'll give it anyhow!

Facebook: I use it a couple times a month. Primarily to keep in touch with family members as we're quite the spread out tribe and keeping track of time zones, paying international call/text rates is quite the hassle. It's convenient for being able to drop have a conversation asynchronously all things given.

Pinterest: I use it primarily to pin recipe's that I want to try.

Discord: I am always logged into this, pretty much 24/7. Anime communities, gaming communities, and groups of friends that I've played games with for a decade or two.

Twitch: I use it from time to time. Some of my friends stream so I'll check them out. Also watch Thursday Night Football on it during the season.

Steam: use it almost daily as I am an avid gamer.

Youtube: I use it often, whether it be for movie/game trailers, let's plays, sports news, or just general entertainment purposes.

Forums: I am not overly active on them, but I browse these forums from time to time. MAL even more rarely. W/e game I'm playing I'll typically check out forums related to it. Only other site with forum like features that I use on a regular basis would be GoodReads.

Everything else I use so irregularly or only when something is linked to me, that I wouldn't really consider myself a 'user' per se. Only one's I haven't used at all on that list are VK, Blogs (I don't blog anywhere), and tik tok.

I use Tumblr for my blogs, don't really have a place to park them and my webpage I once had became obsolete. don't really use the site for anything else, don't follow and don't look at stuff, not there for that. it is a good site to blog on however.

I mostly use Facebook because it's convenient for me. Most of my friends use it, groups related to my college, and it also showcases local events and concerts.
I never had instagram and feel no need to because I don't like taking pictures of myself.
I also casually browse 4chan boards related to hobby I'm currently hot for. Sometimes /mu/, sometimes /tg/, sometimes...
/tv/

I used Google Plus, but still use Hangouts and Gmail.

Also MeWe is the Google Plus we never asked but migrated to since the shutdown.

Only on Facebook to get an update from Aniki Cosplay once a month. Twitter about twice a week. Technically YouTube daily, but not so much as a social network. Mainly a voyeur. Er... viewer. Might comment once a week at most.

Used to be on Tumblr a lot but... well... y'know...

klLb4fF.png

Whisper is the only thing I used religiously these days. Mainly an in bed, before passing out thing. Like an hour each night? Get fimy curiosity fix, and it's one of the few places on the net... on the planet I feel safe to be 100% me.

Oh and then there's Fe... er... a lifestyle community of sorts.
Oh and here where I too lurk professionally.

VK, Youtube, Steam, Discord.
VK got pretty much any movie, anime, music, whatever. And OK got stuff, that got banned even on VK btw lol. No idea, what do ppl do on facebook. Well, it's great for finding photos and places linked to 'em, if that's so important for ya. I usually watch anime and listen to music on VK.
Youtube is abit of a drug, but some vids should be watched there, not on VK.
Steam seems to be losing ground fast, but it's much more developed than other gaming platforms still.
I almost never use discord tbh, coz if I want to chat, telegram is usually enough. A mite of a Durov fan, I guess :d

Last edited:
for some reason, I like instagram now its usually because of the cosplay stuff that I see that they don't usually post in their facebook or twitter. I mean a lot of people do post on instagram and have a different sets of post in their twitter and facebook too. could be privacy stuff I guess.
One such thing that I did follow in instagram was this guy... though for some reason I don't see his
http://picpanzee.com/superweird_cosplay
he usually attends on conventions like Anime Midwest or Con Alt Delete... I only saw him once on Anime Midwest but after that never heard of him anymore... will soon get a pic of him someday though... also sorry if I'm rambling here already :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back