What is the anime that got you hooked

Discussion in 'General Anime Discussion' started by Potimusprime, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Rascal

Rascal Gold Supporter

Posted by Rascal on Oct 4, 2017
    The great and mighty One Piece
    [​IMG]
    *wipes tear*
    Nostalgia for 2 years ago

Teoca317 likes this.
  2. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Well-Known Member

Under no circumstances should Koenig be allowed near a pen and paper, again. It's not a script it's a hate crime.

Serious answer to the question. It was Death Note. I'd watched anime before, but that's the one really hooked me and that potato chip quality of can't eat just one.

Zed likes this.
  3. HasseRovdjur

HasseRovdjur Breast Claw

Haruhi. Sue me.

femcore, TheSMoresAwakens and Naga like this.
  4. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Well-Known Member

I'd rather imagine you obsessively learning to do the dance.

femcore likes this.
  5. HasseRovdjur

HasseRovdjur Breast Claw

I even forgot about that one. Time to twirl around in front of the mirror. Or maybe not...

femcore, Zed and ZetsubouKaiji like this.
  6. Rohjake

Rohjake Active Member

Probably Death Note about 10 years ago. It kept me on the edge of my seat and I wanted more after it was over.

ZetsubouKaiji likes this.
  7. Naga

Naga Well-Known Member

Posted by Naga on Oct 5, 2017
    Naruto.

... and hentai.

8. Potimusprime

Potimusprime Member

Well obviously

9. Kaeseolin

Kaeseolin Active Member

[​IMG]
    Well... the only anime got me hooked is Puella Magi Madoka Magica that I liked this so much.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
  10. TooManyTabs

TooManyTabs New Member

Wow, I didn't ever realize speed racer was an anime! Loved that show as a kid, probably watched every episode at least ten times.

The first anime that really got me hooked (post hand-drawn era) would be Overlord, loved the idea of some random dude thinking "screw it, lets go make an empire." After binging that show, Tonikawa & MMO Junkie helped balance out the adrenaline rush of OP Skeletor wiping armies out.

11. Nemurin238

Nemurin238 Well-Known Member

Yona of the Dawn and One Punch man. These anime started my motivation on watching new genre of anime such as action and a bit of comedy.

OkamiHime95, Kaeseolin and Rascal like this.
  12. 0jamaRainbow

0jamaRainbow Well-Known Member

well depends on which stage of into anime you talk about here ^^; yugioh gx was my first of the kids anime I watched along with the first season of digimon and pokemon, then my first anime that got me onto anime was death note but I fell out of anime for a while.... My hero academia is what got me re-hooked

OkamiHime95 likes this.
  13. Kaeseolin

Kaeseolin Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The second list is for me are Your Lie In April and Nisekoi.

14. Stnh

Stnh Active Member

Posted by Stnh on Feb 19, 2022
    NARUTO!

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Posted by Guest on Jun 9, 2023
    Fairy tail

16. AquamarineGem

AquamarineGem Well-Known Member

The very first anime that got me hooked was Pokemon especially the 4Kids English dubbed version with the voice actors: Rachael Lillis (Misty & Jesse), Veronica Taylor (Ash Ketchum), and Eric Stuart (Brock and James). There was once when I was in an anime slump, and Pokemon really helps revive my interest in anime by reminding me of the hooked feelings I had when I watched the very first seasons of Pokemon. Pokemon games are my favorite type of games and I still constantly play the new Pokemon Sleep game. I remembered that the original English dub for Pokemon had very catchy English themed songs that my brother and I sing quite often.

I originally watched anime on television before I started streaming anime online in middle school (aka junior high).

I also grew up with classics like Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Sailor Moon. I was briefly hooked with music anime like Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch, and Pripara.

17. femcore

femcore Gold Supporter

Idk man. My first anime is a toss up of dbz, sailor moon and cardcaptors, whatever the USA had first. I fell in love with Gundam when Toonami had Gundam Wing. But I think the first anime I watched that like, got me to watch massive amounts of anime was, regretably, School Days.

howtoprocrastinate and Perruche like this.
  18. OkamiHime95

OkamiHime95 Well-Known Member

The very first anime that I ever watched was Pokemon, but when I truly realized & understood what anime was, it was when Naruto was still on Toonami.

Then watching Howl's Moving Castle as a teenager made me want to watch more Studio Ghibli films. (Though I loved Spirited Away as a little kid.)

When Vampire Knight first got popular, I'd rewatch it over and over again cause I was just so fascinated by the story, music, characters, etc. Plus it was one of the anime that got me through a really rough period in life, and rekindled my interest in the Japanese language, so there's that.