What are your favourite old animes ?

Discussion in 'General Anime Discussion' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2021.

1. ThePotatoKiller

ThePotatoKiller Active Member

Claptrap likes this.
  2. IsayamaYomi

IsayamaYomi New Member

Too many. Not mentioned in the posts above (prior to 2000): Ghost in the Shell, Galaxy Express 999, Urusei Yatsura, Dr. Slump: Arale-chan, Bubblegum Crisis.

3. SodaFox

SodaFox Active Member

Ooo, a couple haven't been mentioned that I really liked as a teen.

Ruroni Kenshin (samurai drama/action/romance)

Tenchi Muyo (sci-fi romantic comedy with some action)

.hack//SIGN (isekai. Very dramatic. Not much action)

Zoids (animal-like mechas, the series has some very different vibes depending on which you watch but all have action elements. Very "Saturday morning cartoon" feel)

I'll probably have more to add but I'll need to look up when they aired.

Claptrap and OkamiHime95 like this.
  4. OkamiHime95

OkamiHime95 Well-Known Member

Here are a few lists of my favorite 2000's & older anime. :)
    https://www.anime-planet.com/users/OkamiHime95/lists/my-favorite-2000s-anime-seriesmovies-715221
    https://www.anime-planet.com/users/OkamiHime95/lists/my-favorite-90s-anime-seriesmovies-715220
    https://www.anime-planet.com/users/OkamiHime95/lists/my-favorite-80s-anime-seriesmovies-715318
    https://www.anime-planet.com/users/OkamiHime95/lists/my-favorite-70s-anime-seriesmovies-715319
    It's been a long time since I linked any of my lists, so if they don't work, let me know.

I'll have to look up if I watched anything from the 60's & older.

Edit: Yes, I've watched more than what I listed, but I only put my favorites in them. If it's not on my lists, they either weren't a favorite of mine, or I haven't watched it yet, or idk about it yet.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  5. Corsair

Corsair Well-Known Member

by old i guess stuff from before 2000.
    some of my favorites is (not in any particular order):

Initial D
    Legend of the Galactic Heroes
    Hokuto No Ken
    Touch
    Musekinin Kanchou Tylor
    Berserk
    Cowboy Bebop
    Outlaw Star
    Area 88
    Vision of Escaflowne
    Slam Dunk
    Uchuu Senkan Yamato
    Patlabor
    Golden Boy
    Kimagure Orange Road
    Maison Ikkoku
    Taiho Shichau zo

6. AnnaSartin

AnnaSartin Database Moderator

Hm, for super oldies I think A Little Princess Sara (1985) was quite good, and I really enjoyed "The Wild Swans" and other old fairy tales that Toei Animation made back in the '70s and early 80s. Oh, and The Mysterious Cites of Gold was excellent.

For the 90s I really enjoyed Kodocha and Princess Mononoke, along with things like Sailor Moon, Fushigi Yugi, and Revolutionary Girl Utena.

For the 2000s I especially liked Azumanga Daioh, Kino's Journey, Mushishi, and Gravitation. Oh, and the Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust movie was also good.

Claptrap and OkamiHime95 like this.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  7. OneEyeMonkey

OneEyeMonkey Member

For me it was eather Princess Mononoke or Spirited away. That was when i was child now maybe Totoro.

8. kingofthezora

kingofthezora New Member

There was an Anne of Green Gables anime? That feels so odd, but then again, not too odd, western stories have been anime'ified

thanks for this, small, but a starting point at least for the pre 90's stuff.

OkamiHime95 likes this.
  9. OkamiHime95

OkamiHime95 Well-Known Member

Well, I did mention on the list info that they are works in progress, plus since I have other interests besides anime, it can take me awhile to get through stuff, especially if they're longer than 24-26 episodes.

I have watched other things from those time periods, but since I only include my favorites, why certain things aren't on those lists are either because: 1) I personally didn't care for them. 2) I have yet to discover them. 3)I haven't had the chance to watch them yet. Or 4) I simply have yet to add them, but plan on it when I have the time.

But yeah, I'm glad my lists have helped someone, even if a little bit. :)

Speaking of the Anne of Green Gables anime, that's one from my wtw list that I hope to finally watch at some point lol.

10. TickTockTenma

TickTockTenma New Member

I'm big into older stuff, actually. I watched Lupin the 3rd Part 1 and Captain Harlock not too long ago and those are really good. I'm watching Dirty Pair atm and enjoying the heck out of it.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Posted by Guest on Nov 20, 2021
    Saint Seiya