what are some good comedy anime?

Personally, I find it hard to recommend comedies unless I know the person I'm recommending to as a persons sense of humour varies greatly. Personally some comedies I really enjoyed and would highly recommend are:

Grand Blue (Really good comedy about university life)
Konosuba (An isekai parody series with beautifully eccentic characters and a format similar to a sitcom)
Scissor Seven (Great animation and story, and is an underrated gem in my opinion)
D-Frag! (A show about school club activities however this show really leans into the comedy aspect)
The Devil is a Part-timer (A classic role reversal comedy with great characters)
One Punch Man (Great animation, action, comedy and an interesting plot)
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K (Honestly just an enjoyable series with very eccentric characters)
Gintama (One overpowered samurai man fumbles his way through life with his friends)
Space Dandy (He's a dandy guy in space but also an awful bounty hunter)

Other shows which may be enjoyable
Seitokai Yakuindomo (I enjoyed this show although the humour very much revolves around sex jokes which may be off-putting to some)
Daily lives of Highschool boys (A good show however the jokes sometimes fail to land and it failed to leave an impression on me)
Cromartie High School (Really nice show however the jokes start to get repetitive towards the end)
Ouran High School Host Club (One girl "decides" a boys club is the club for her... due to debt. Personally, I never really found this show funny and watched more for the plot.)
Good Luck Girl! (Poverty goddess is jealous of a rich girls chest for 12 episodes, rather entertaining feuds ensue)
Gabriel Dropout (star student learns to express herself through turning into a neet)
Inferno Cop (Randomness in a comedic format)
Extra Olympia Kyklos (Time traveling greek man and his dolphin friend hold the Olympics"
Aggretsuko (Office life sucks but anthropomorphicised)
Combatants Will Be Dispatched! (For those who watched all of Konosuba but wanted more)
Monogatari series (Do you enjoy reading? If not then this ain't for you!)
Haven't you heard? I'm Sakamoto! (Perfect man is perfect and does things perfectly)
Hetalia series (Sometimes we just need to laugh about history)
Kemono Michi:Rise Up (Animal loving wrestler gets isekai'd, knockouts a princess and opens a pet shop)

Hope I was able to help! :D

Back