Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun

...I'm beginning to think I'm not the target audience for this show. This was just a cringe session.

Episode 8.
A whole episode about best girl being too pure for the world. I didn't want it to end.

wow. that hairstyle on iruma looks great.

kinda fun episode. much better than the last.
Episode 9.
...That was boring.
_109823337_960x0.jpg

welp

This is the only show this season that I have actually enjoyed watching. It's silly but not too weird for my tastes. I hope that it gets another season eventually.

Okay this is getting a better. Asmodeus and Iruma are pretty neat. That was GG. Without the last episode I woulda called BS on the way Iruma won. So I'm glad it exists.

So the translators didn't point this out, but when the student council president says "ambition" in kanji she really means "wicked intention." Only the manga points this out, unfortunately.

Ep 10 was kinda eh.
showdown between iruma and azz kun was good but rest felt uneventful.

So the translators didn't point this out, but when the student council president says "ambition" in kanji she really means "wicked intention." Only the manga points this out, unfortunately.
Neat.

Episode 11.
Of course Clara'a familiar both looks completely derpy and has her trained like a pet. That was funny right there.

Episode 12.
Club picking time. Not sure why, but big frigging Sabnock joining a dorky club like that just killed me.

And Iruma found a new pal. Yay.

Episode 13.
So the three candidates for King are all goofy grandchild freaks.

The netherworld is so screwed.

Ep. 14,
Seriously it was really cool to see how Kiriwo revealed himself to be an antagonist in the story. It reminds me so much of Sosuke Aizen from Bleach, the way he takes off his glasses and sweeps his hair back, it got a laugh out of me. Now it feels like the story is getting somewhere, but there are always villains wanting to destroy schools, like with Rosario Vampire and Harry Potter. Guess they aren't happy till they make everyone miserable.

Episode 14.
This episode was full of Clara being adorable, and that always makes my day.
What ruined it was four eyes turning out to be evil. What a dick.

Finally catching back up.

Episode 8.
Clara episode is nice, but man oh man did they add a shitload of padding to this. Please don't let that be more of a trend than it already was. It's not like there's a scarcity of source material to adapt.

Episode 16.
Bout time Diet-Aizen there kicked this thing off. I was getting bored. Never bored of Clara being adorable though.
406b7cf50f135ddff89c34aa7050579010b0f0ff.png

I'm finally caught up on this! I actually liked it better before they tried to introduce a plot, tbh.

It took so many episodes to set this up, holy cripes; I haven't seen stall tactics this bad since DBZ.
By the end of episode 17, we're in exactly the same place we were at the end of episode 16 (except the teachers are learning what's going on and Iruma finally arrived at the room). I was actually, for the first time since watching this anime, skipping through the more "boring" parts to try and get to what the protagonists were doing.

It's fine to show the students panicking and-or making their way through the maze, but it felt like that became the focus instead of more on how they're working to fix things (and how the teachers handle it; I will admit that it's nice to see a school with competent teachers for a change).

And to think...we still need the "confrontation scene" (between Iruma and Amy), then the "tragic antagonist backstory" (Amy's past), the "eleventh hour", followed by the "heroic turn of events" (the climax where Iruma will probably unleash all the power in the ring or something like that and everyone will just be treated to a giant fireworks show), then the "conclusion".

If they keep the pacing the way they've been doing it, they'll be doing each of those things per episode (as honestly, if they took out all the silly filler from the past episodes, we could at least be up to "tragic antagonist backstory" by now) which will prolly bring us to...episode 22 or so for this arc, so that the final couple episodes can go back to being comedy (and perhaps some new resolve on goals/dreams from Iruma).

I'll be surprised if I'm wrong. Best-case scenario (less stalling), they wrap up this arc by episode 20.

Hilariously enough, it all could have possibly been avoided if Iruma had gone to that room when they were looking for Amy during the daytime. I kept wondering why he didn't go there when they were searching for him...now I know that he didn't go there because the plot said so. >.>

The story is getting reeeeally slow. Its like in the next episode we will be blowing things, eeh but maybe next week will be better, lets fill thing up. I'm guessing there will be at least 1 episode more of "nothing big happening yet", maybe an episode of Sullivans chess like game match or his tea party?

Back