Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun

Episode 1
Yay, finally home so I can watch it. And it was okay. No red flags yet, and they even kept the narrator voice.
Judging by the preview I think the first three episodes almost exactly will work as the main introduction, and I think it's when a proper status quo is established that the series really settles in, and it seems the anime will be similar to the manga in that regard. So this will be fine at first.
The episode is padded a little bit so that they would be able to do a 1-1 adaptation for the first episode since the first chapter is very rapidly paced, but that's fine, particularly since the anime takes advantage of its foreknowledge of the manga's story to give some foreshadowing detail, worldbuilding and character sightings/mini-intros that were absent in the source. That's good adapting since the source material couldn't have done that even if the author had wanted to due to how economic it has to be with the page count and content while the series is brand new.
Gramps, Iruma and Alice were literally the only named characters to appear in the first chapter. Even I'm surprised by just how much they could put in so smoothly.
My only manga-reader grievance is that the restructured pacing of the first part meant they cut the scene showing how hilariously awful his parents are. Hopefully they might work that into a future episode at a moment that needs slight padding or something.

Ah, I love how this series is played straight so refreshingly. Almost feels like something from the previous decade, but it generally has more polish as the series goes on.

Yo, character mods, Amelie is a secondary character, you heathens!

(Don't push me so much on work when it's only been two episodes. T_T)

Anyways, two episodes in and it's somewhat enjoyable. I'm looking forward to the plot where Iruma has to destroy one eyed purple creature...

It's not something I think will stand out as particularly the best shounen.

Episode 2
HMMMMMMMMMMM----
I'm going to guess that it was kind of unavoidable, so I'll not be too hard on the anime for it, but this episode basically had a 1.1-1 adaptation ratio, and it had a lot of padded dialogue to make it work, some of which became weird because it made some characters say stuff they wouldn't.
So the pacing definitely felt kinda off anyways, but I can definitely see how it wouldn't have been doable to do 2-1.
But that should be fixed with the next episode, I think. Then it should be able to have a healthier 2-1 adaptation ratio as the baseline, so it won't have to rely on padding. Definitely saw a piece in the preview that indicates as much, so that's good. I definitely think the show will benefit if it can have a snappier pacing like the manga that way, particularly since this show isn't exactly oozing animation budget so far.
Other than that it was just an okay episode, not exactly different from predicted last time. Always funny to hear Daisuke Ono play an angry character.

Last edited:
I guess a demon summoning another demon isn't a red flag. Hilarious that he summoned his own teacher. I'm slayed. lmao

I just realized that the teachers VA is the same one as Sebastian, the demon butler from Black Butler. This is great.

Episode 2

CAT

CAT STILL IN LONG SHOT

THIS OP IS SO GANGSTA STILL THIS IS MY SHIT

Working like a slave.
His parents are so shit, still winners of Worst Parents Award

GOOD MORNING!

And Sullivan is best parent/grandparent

Who knew it was good shit.

Opera is also best.

Sullivan is so perfect, and that's how he got the bandages.

That would wake up the dead in terror.

Him repeating everything is cracking me up.
I love that clock.

Opera so cold~

BEST GIRL PRESIDENT
BEST GIIIIIIRRRRRRLLLLL

Time to summon some Baphomets.

She's so adorable, I wish the best for her.

That gangsta leitmotif

That quivering heart doing satanic shit

This dope ass beatz

Cloud squirrel!

Asmo flexing

Gorgon Snake recognizes that pimpness and admiration

lolwut

Dat contract writing

A fat, chubby, flying fluffball bird.

I'm cool with these kinds of misunderstandings

Divine retribution

Dat Demon Teach is hawt with a capital HAWT
Or student, it's hard to tell.

Immediate fight for not stepping yo

Clara, I love her.
She is pretty much a hyperactive crazeball.

It's still pretty great, and next episode will increase the crack factor by a few.

Ep. 2,
so Iruma is going to get a familiar from his familiar class. Iruma's familiar teacher reminds me a lot of Professor Snape from Harry Potter, the overall vibes with how he's been treating Iruma. So its sort of ironic when he ends up being Iruma's familiar, and for a year at that. Can't wait to see what's going to happen next.

I - Tripping Out

Jumping right into it. This is silly and wacky. A lot of super coincidental silly beats all in a row and everything we need to know hand-waved on. One part that actually made me laugh was
When they said he would have exploded if he didn't read the words perfectly.
Somehow I get the feeling that the characters besides those already introduced are going to annoy me a bit, and that this is going to take more of a Nanbaka way with the comedy getting too separated from the "story". Not that that's a bad thing necessarily. But I'm getting mad nanbaka vibes. I think it'll be entertaining. But there's not much to say about it.

Yeah.

I can't think of anything else to say.

Pretty funny.

II

That was pretty funny. Things couldn't be going more smoothly for Iruma.

Clara is the kind of character I want to punt into outer space though, let her orbit a few times before I listen to what she has to say.

Episode 3

Clara is constantly on sugar-laced cocaine.
Famous for being hopped on everything.

Holy fuck that third thing

That is an adorable dog.

Oh snap the eyes move and- that is some pudding that is jacked up yo.

I just love how she punts the ball through the vine.

I need pockets like them.
Headpats~ They must be good.

Wait, this freeloading shitbag just up and left? Yo they need to roll on these btiches for Clara. Just fuck their shit up.
I mean- who would miss them? Nobody.

...the delinquent trio needs to suffer.

This is starting to make me sad. Just makes you want to hug her and headpats, knawimsayin

Iruma deserves a harem, but he needs to make it clear and shit so she doesn't have to cry and make him look like a total jerk even though he isn't a jerk.

Yo handholds- Iruma is straight pimpin right now.
I'm glad it's resolved quickly, like other shows would be total shit-tier and just waste an episode on misunderstanding shit.

FUCK THEIR ASSES UP

Ain't gonna lie, that look she gave made me diamonds.
VENDING MACHINE STAND

Alice-kun is so bae

Oh shit, hold up, this is some good shit and Iruma just reversed the order like a gangsta. That adorable blonde girl is so enraptured by his Chad eating style.

Chef's gradual increase in wok size.

Jazz

Iruchad asking if he's OK despite him being his familiar. Dude is so alpha.

"There seems to be one more"

Dude is like "I'm not dealing with this shit"

God I love this show.

An adaptation done right

So we meet the misfits, but they're not australian OR entertaining. We'll see if there's anything to any of them. In the meantime everything continues to just so happen to work out for iruma. And I guess that's what this whole show is kinda about. I get it now. It's supposed to be entertaining how lucky he is, and how everything just kinda falls into place.

But isn't that what we usually criticize in most isekai?

At least it is kinda entertaining here. But this episode was weaker than the first two, bout the same level as ep 3, which I refuse to comment on. Things felt strangely-paced. And I still don't like any of the characters.

Well... asmodeus is kinda funny. So much faith in your fearless leader.

V
(Don't push me so much on work when it's only been two episodes. T_T)

Anyways, two episodes in and it's somewhat enjoyable. I'm looking forward to the plot where Iruma has to destroy one eyed purple creature...

It's not something I think will stand out as particularly the best shounen.

Yes I know how it feels when stuff like that happened butt I think that your doing your best anyway my opinion on the anime I don’t really have any dislikes maybe his parents were a bit dramatized

V

Yes I know how it feels when stuff like that happened butt I think that your doing your best anyway my opinion on the anime I don’t really have any dislikes maybe his parents were a bit dramatized

Iruma's parents remind me of Hayate's parents from Hayate Combat Butler. (Don't worry about my complaining in that post, it's just a matter of time and all. Thank you for the support, though ^^.)

Ep. 4,
Who's lord of the rings? Iruma, that's who! That devourer ring is going to come in real handy for Iruma this season, so hopefully he'll learn to do magic so he can put it to good use. The story is simple but it is its use of execution that really helps it, and with its fantasy elements its like Black Clover in that regard.

Things felt strangely-paced. And I still don't like any of the characters.
Not odd for you to think that since basically everything involving classmates that are not Sabnock, Asmodeus and Clara was filler.
I think this series has gotten a bit too concerned with introducing people that don't have much relevance until way later other than just being present.
Some of that is fine and can improve things of course, but it feels a bit like the director is putting the cart before the horse. The episode could have been done with the whole exercise episode if it had just stuck with the manga's pace, but they instead invested a bunch of time for classmates that, besides Sabnock and one other classmate, I'm pretty sure won't have any actual story relevance until after the part where I think the anime will end.
I get the awkward pace for the first episodes, but episode 4 should have been very straightforward.
-------------------------------
Episode 5
Sabnock imagining some dramatic sad past for himself is kinda hilarious. I forgot this part, so at first I was like "wait, isn't his sister just fine? Did they change it?" before he then cracked his own fantasy.

I was hoping this ep would at least hint at Arikured's voice. Oh well, I'm pretty sure we'll hear it this season.

Need more Clara singing.
But yeah, most of this episode should have been episode 4.

Not odd for you to think that since basically everything involving classmates that are not Sabnock, Asmodeus and Clara was filler.
I think this series has gotten a bit too concerned with introducing people that don't have much relevance until way later other than just being present.
Some of that is fine and can improve things of course, but it feels a bit like the director is putting the cart before the horse. The episode could have been done with the whole exercise episode if it had just stuck with the manga's pace, but they instead invested a bunch of time for classmates that, besides Sabnock and one other classmate, I'm pretty sure won't have any actual story relevance until after the part where I think the anime will end.
I get the awkward pace for the first episodes, but episode 4 should have been very straightforward.
-------------------------------
Episode 5
Sabnock imagining some dramatic sad past for himself is kinda hilarious. I forgot this part, so at first I was like "wait, isn't his sister just fine? Did they change it?" before he then cracked his own fantasy.

I was hoping this ep would at least hint at Arikured's voice. Oh well, I'm pretty sure we'll hear it this season.

Need more Clara singing.
But yeah, most of this episode should have been episode 4.
Ah, filler. My arch neremnisis.

Luckily the show is pretty enjoyable regardless if you don't take it too seriously since it isn't trying very hard. I can appreciate some of the goofs and gaffs. But the characters and story are about on the quality of MLP. Not bad I suppose but it doesn't grab me besides for when it's trying to be funny.

Back