Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun

Discussion in 'Currently Airing Anime' started by Zed60K, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Zed60K

Zed60K Database Moderator

Posted by Zed60K on Feb 4, 2019
    BrainBlow likes this.
  2. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Posted by Thrawn on Feb 27, 2019
    YO YO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yo this shit is so fly son, I am legitimately, actually seriously psyched for this adaptation! The manga just tickles my funny bone and heart gut with comedy and some heartwarming shit, and it's just good fun. Not much heavy drama but if done well, it'll be entertaining at the least. Unlikely to be best of the season but this is my shit and for once it isn't rampant fanservice ecchi edgelord survival death games.

3. ShinShini

ShinShini Database Moderator

The manga is on my Want to Read list as soon as it came out and now I probably will wait for the anime before reading it. Not saying I'm hyped for it, but I look forward to it.

BrainBlow likes this.
  4. Epimondas

Epimondas Member

I expect the anime will be like an improved adaptation from the failure of the Rosario Vampire anime. It’s a very similar story and may in fact be better so let’s hope the anime does it the justice Rosario never got.

BrainBlow and Ebonyslayer like this.
  5. Ebonyslayer

Ebonyslayer Well-Known Member

I've read some of it actually and it kind of does remind me of Rosario Vampire. Here's to a faithful adaption that Rosario Vampire never got.

6. BrainBlow

BrainBlow Well-Known Member

HOW HAVE I NOT HEARD OF THIS SERIES BEFORE NOW??
    Just picked up the manga, and I love it! Such a fun and wholesome series! I think the Rosario comparison is kinda apt due to a similar premise, but these series are still very different. And I dare say I like this series more simply due to how it leans in such a wholesome direction and refrains from gratuitous fanservice. (Gods know Amelie could have been used as a dispenser for such)
    Like, there's loads and loads of succubi, yet so little fanservice. Kinda impressive by itself.

Same studio that's been doing Gintama for several years now, that's good.
    [​IMG]
    But the director has only been making magical girl shows, though that might actually be relevant.
    I'm guessing this season will be 1-cour, but I'm hoping for more if the adaptation is good. At least the manga will hopefully be more available.
    Ok, I knew this series would have colorful palettes, but Clara and Asmodeus literally each have the color choice I expected for the other.
    I guess it makes sense for Asmodeus to be pink, tho...

ilovedog1s and Nicknames like this.
  7. BrainBlow

Didn't notice there's a trailer.

Seems fairly basic. No horrible red flags, but no flashy animation display.

ilovedog1s and Nicknames like this.
  8. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Posted by Thrawn on Sep 28, 2019
    Best girl Azazel looking so fine.

And 23 episodes?

[​IMG]

Nicknames and BrainBlow like this.
  9. Feinraf

Feinraf Developer

Posted by Feinraf on Oct 5, 2019
    First episode was alright, won't be dropping it, rather funny at times.

10. Aldrich606

Aldrich606 Member

Much better than expected. I keep watching for now.

11. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Oct 5, 2019
    Who the FUCK is Bobby Lou?

12. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Posted by Thrawn on Oct 5, 2019
    OH SHIT SON THIS STARTED ALREADY MOVE AGAIN YOU BITCHES

Episode 1

Being Demon King is a thankless job. Damn, He's gonn- YO FUCK THAT THIS OP IS GANGSTA
    OH MY GIRL

[​IMG]
    YEAH!

CHECK IT OUT YEAH!

C'MON C'MON OVER THE WORLD OH MY GIRL

I am watching this shit every episode. Shit was tight.

lulz dat slow mo Tuna, shit's random

Honestly, I don't remember this from the manga but shit is fly. This beat is fly.

To be fair, his parents are scumbags. The beginning totally changed from the manga, which would have been- wait, let me check.
    Ok, I was mistaking it for Criminale for a bit but it still gets the point across. And it's accurate.

Sullivan is mads gangsta. That ain't no spoiler as you can tell by his mustache that he's baller.
    I LOVE YOU GRANDAD SULLIVAN

This is pretty on-point with the manga without following it tit for tat.
    No way he can say no to that.

The skulls are a nice touch.
    Legit aborbs, and matches his hair!

GRANDPA SULLIVAN YOU'RE SO PERFECT

That is a fuckton of perfume.

So frank~

Opera is best... best. And quad-ears for max adorableness.

Like Hogwarts on Devil Crack.
    Walking is for humans, amirite?

Dat purple hair amirite?

BEST GIRL
    FUCK YEAH PRESIDENT IS SO BEST

He is a complete idiot.
    This is so nostalgic. And Greenie! She is so adorable.

Everybody gangsta until Snape shushes you up.

I imagine this is to the tune of an imperial countries' nationalistic song. Loving the designs, pretty varied.

lulz Grandpa is the Director. His fawning over him is cracking me up.

Oh shit that purple pimp suit

The reactions from MC are on-point, like a bokke tsukomi routine sometimes.

Like Angel Densetsu in him being mistaken for a nut flexing badass.

Grandpa is best grandpa.

All those tiny grennies, so adorbs!

Iruma just flexing so hard on these bitches, they were right in their assumptions.
    Teach is so pissed.

Spell is so hardcore with the rewards so niche.

Alice.

I actually don't know how the pace of this is compared to the manga but I am loving it.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a fireball.

Baby fishing, that is hilarious shit. But bad shit. Badly hilarious shit.
    OCEC

Lulz, these demons, classic

All them foxy demon ladies, amirite?

GERMAN SUPLEXDEA TA TO

Dat front page, with blurbs on a hot chick and a guy beating a teacher

THOROUGHBRED

Game recognizes game

Demon law is OG

DAT HAPPY FACE EEEEEEEEEE
    I love that dissonance of happy face to evil thoughts.

I am so massively biased for this series before it aired and this adaptation simply not sucking like Mekaku City Actors anime adaptation means it's a win. And for said bias, my opinion is that of a raving fanboy, so instantly believe me and take other's non-fanboyism with a fistful of salt. Funny, likable characters, looks good, joke diversity, it's smashing.

Rastamepas, hell0emi and BrainBlow like this.
  13. MisterDapper

MisterDapper Active Member

Isn't this just a carbon copy of Rosario Vampire? I'll give it a chance.

14. BrainBlow

It has a similar initial premise, but is not primarily a romance series, and especially not a harem one.
    And for the majority of demons in this setting, humans are just silly fairytales. So there's a different dimension to the deception.
    -------
    I won't have the opportunity to actually watch for another few days. :(

15. bishonenlover

bishonenlover Active Member

Hm. It started pretty good!!!
    Liked Iruma and Asmodeus. Let's see if the show will keep the nice and on point comedy!!
    I'm really looking forward for the next ep.

BrainBlow, Ebonyslayer and Thrawn like this.
  16. Ebonyslayer

Ebonyslayer Well-Known Member

Ep. 1,
    its like the voice-acting made the scenes a lot more funny compared to when I was reading the first chapter. So Iruma and his ability to dodge instantly made me think of Fire Emblem mechanics. He'd make one quick unit, that's for sure. Its perfect that this anime is coming out in October, and you can never have enough monster school comedies, so here's to more awesomeness!

BrainBlow likes this.
  17. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

It was okay. I'll watch it.

BrainBlow likes this.
  18. BrainBlow

Episode 1
    Yay, finally home so I can watch it. And it was okay. No red flags yet, and they even kept the narrator voice.
    Judging by the preview I think the first three episodes almost exactly will work as the main introduction, and I think it's when a proper status quo is established that the series really settles in, and it seems the anime will be similar to the manga in that regard. So this will be fine at first.
    The episode is padded a little bit so that they would be able to do a 1-1 adaptation for the first episode since the first chapter is very rapidly paced, but that's fine, particularly since the anime takes advantage of its foreknowledge of the manga's story to give some foreshadowing detail, worldbuilding and character sightings/mini-intros that were absent in the source. That's good adapting since the source material couldn't have done that even if the author had wanted to due to how economic it has to be with the page count and content while the series is brand new.
    Gramps, Iruma and Alice were literally the only named characters to appear in the first chapter. Even I'm surprised by just how much they could put in so smoothly.
    My only manga-reader grievance is that the restructured pacing of the first part meant they cut the scene showing how hilariously awful his parents are. Hopefully they might work that into a future episode at a moment that needs slight padding or something.

Ah, I love how this series is played straight so refreshingly. Almost feels like something from the previous decade, but it generally has more polish as the series goes on.

Yo, character mods, Amelie is a secondary character, you heathens!

19. Damias

Damias Database Moderator

Posted by Damias on Oct 9, 2019
    I've brought it up with everyone and after a very brief discussion, we all agreed she isn't worth a character entry.

BrainBlow likes this.
  20. Epimondas

Epimondas Member

Similar but not exactly the same. I’d say it’s like a cross of “If Looks Could Kill” movie (story about a guy bungling into a profession he should have had no chance in somehow turning the tables), there’s also Condorman, Hero At Large, the manga “The Different World’s Magic is Too Far Behind” and a few others mixed with Rosario, Soul Eater, Hero Academia, and Hayate the Combat Butler.

Eraser head is a near duplicate of a teacher from Demon School or vice versa. I think it at least has the same spirit though. While they may have skipped a bit, from among many recent anime, it isn’t even close to being as bad. I think as much as 60% of the new anime I seen in the last year or two, skipped vast amounts of the source material like: Arifureta, Knights and Magic, and Cheat Magician in Another World to name a few.

MisterDapper likes this.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019