We Never Learn!

Its probably going to have more ep to the first as far as I know there are 14 ep in first session so they might go to 24 then this. (Fingers crossed)

So, uh, the manga had a popularity poll.
2fk9h6b8vg931.jpg

That there is a massacre. Literally got more votes than the next five combined.

That there is a massacre. Literally got more votes than the next five combined.
Yikes.

Given how the story has unfolded after 4 volumes (which is roughly the first season)--that is, regarding who has and who has not been getting narrative attention and for what reasons--I wonder just how much more time Pink-sensei's been getting by the time Volume 12 rolled around.

Also: that Imoto-chan isn't above Maid-senpai is absolute nonsense. Check the voter rolls. How many dead people voted?!

The first season was moderately entertaining, so I'm up for more of it (especially since Fall seems like it will be a weak season overall).

Wait what it's only been 6 months since last season. That's high quality production right there
Could be that it was always intended to go for a two-season-length run, just not all in a row. (Rather than it getting greenlit for another season when the numbers came in for the first season.) Real Girlfriend did exactly that, not that long ago, and ran as Episode 13-24 even though it was called the "second season." Kind of like how some American cable shows would do, say, two batches of 7 and 7, running in the Fall and the Spring, as one full season. (And alternate the time slot with another 7 and 7 show that ran Winter/Summer as a full season.)

Or maybe they saw early on that it was doing well and agreed to a second season then to capitalize, but knew the logistics weren't in place to roll right on through for another 12 episodes.

Or maybe the people assigned to the first season got a really, really unreasonable directive at the end of season 1.

Could be that it was always intended to go for a two-season-length run, just not all in a row. (Rather than it getting greenlit for another season when the numbers came in for the first season.) Real Girlfriend did exactly that, not that long ago, and ran as Episode 13-24 even though it was called the "second season." Kind of like how some American cable shows would do, say, two batches of 7 and 7, running in the Fall and the Spring, as one full season. (And alternate the time slot with another 7 and 7 show that ran Winter/Summer as a full season.)

Or maybe they saw early on that it was doing well and agreed to a second season then to capitalize, but knew the logistics weren't in place to roll right on through for another 12 episodes.

Or maybe the people assigned to the first season got a really, really unreasonable directive at the end of season 1.
That is true looks like the pause for a season format has been replaced by a new 2 small season format after all kono oto Tomare is doing the same thing in this season

And we are back!
I've missed you, show. I mean, I've been reading the manga, so it's not like you weren't around at all, but...all the same, I missed you.

Also: thank you for opening with some Ogata love. That was seriously lacking, at the end of Season 1, so I'm quite glad they stacked (heh) the episode with her. (Actually, to that effect: I thought the test score/bra size joke totally worked. I also think it probably shouldn't have, so hang a gold star on that one, creative team, 'cus you pulled off a difficult comedic put, there. Well done.)

And then to get a hot springs escapade out of it as well! In which we not only got some fun character stuff from all three of our love interests, but also a reverse-hot springs tried-and-true gag: the girls were in the wrong bath and had to get secreted out before being noticed by the sundry fellahs who showed up--and, as an extra trope bonus, the boys started the "so who are you crushing on???" conversation. We were certainly spoiled for riches, in this premiere.

Well, minus not having a Pink-sensei scene (...or an Imoto-chan moment), but there's plenty of time to get to those. I'm just glad we got to spend some laugh-inducing time with our core three. (And very little time with Maid-chan, who I still think should be written out of the series.) So, all in all, a very good start to the new season.

But...what was that summer montage of EVERYONE GOING TO THE BEACH WE THAT WE DIDN'T GET TO SEE?!?!?! I'm assuming that's the "Specials" episode that hasn't come out yet. (Read as: "That had better be the 'Specials' episode that hasn't come out yet, or so help me God...") But why tease us like that?! You never give another man's wife a foot massage--and you DON'T TEASE ABOUT A BEACH EPISODE!!!

#TeamTakemoto
#ExceptAlsoTeamOgata
#AndKindaFuruhashiTooButMoreAsFriends

So glad to see more of this show. That bra size joke should not have worked as well as it did, and i loved it. Now the one thing this episode lacked was best girl, Sensei. So it was a slight dissapointing start in that department, but otherwise i enjoyed it a ton. Praise fun hot spring episodes.

Boy am I excited to see where this goes next

#TeamSensei
#TeamTheOthersAreAlsoRespectableChoicesButSenseiIsStillMyFavourite

Episode 1

Welcome back.

Can't say it blew me away but it was enough to make me remember the characters and how fun the first season was.

emiliaohdear.gif

I don't even...do we call a doctor?

Well, when I was choosing a team I was like

tumblr_pt9yf16VKY1u86t2qo1_540.gif

this for a looooong time .... but than

tumblr_psya7cML4L1u86t2qo1_500.gifv

tumblr_psy34hGbB71u86t2qo1_500.gifv

tumblr_psy2fsprQW1u86t2qo1_540.gif

tumblr_psy2x2jQkv1u86t2qo1_540.gif

the godly, pure and omnipotent power of the blush won me over :D

Also: I really like her as a character and from a story-telling perspective. She seems like the only one that would actually help the protagonist instead of needing his help plus she gives me the same vibes Halo from Spice and Wolf did. As in: she seems like a real character, not a tsundere/dandere/teacher/childhood friend etc trope.

So I guess ...

Dz3jIFAWwAA9zYx.jpg

yeah call me a doctor :D

yeah call me a doctor :D
Ah--you saw the setup, there. Good.

the godly, pure and omnipotent power of the blush won me over :D
4413ec46c8c57fdb95f1c2fd8086d814.jpg

7a4e2d483e717931b8747fd595e446d8ff7f69e8r1-1366-768v2_hq.jpg

c4e1576b9ddae250053c6d9e437e61a6.jpg

tumblr_oiv32ruCtp1u501aoo1_400.gifv

She seems like the only one that would actually help the protagonist instead of needing his help
I suppose, in the very strictest of senses, that's the case: she's the only character who is in a similar position to Nariyuki, studying-wise--in that she's the only one who has also struggled and taken it upon herself to get better mostly under her own steam. And, because she's a couple of years older than he is and has been struggling with get-into-college studies longer than he has, she has experience with certain scenarios that he does not.

However, if we're being fully serious, I don't see her adding much to a potential relationship with Nariyuki. In that I don't see her being the one to help draw out his best self. (Nor do I see him doing the same for her.) I think they're imbalanced.

I think there's a much stronger case for the main trio, with either Furuhashi or Takemoto probably offering the best chance at that more harmonious, balanced coupling.
tenor.gif

No, wait--best doesn't mean only, in this context! I LOVE YOU, OGATA!

she seems like a real character, not a tsundere/dandere/teacher/childhood friend etc trope.
That she doesn't appear to be a trope is debatable, I guess, but that she seems like a "real character" strikes me as a touch generous.

But then, I think she needs to be retconned out of the show because she serves no functional purpose, so maybe I'm biased.

I mean, to each his own, obviously. And I'm happy to accept one less competitor for the real-world affections of my fictional anime crushes.

And can I just weigh in on Pink-sensei, for a moment?

She's great. I really enjoy her. And she's 100% crush material. But...she's hardly a candidate for winning, right? Not like my girl
y1bhlgfd7ni11.jpg
does. So...is all the love for her about her being the best character or as the best suitress?

Back