Vivy: Fluorite Eye’s Song

well that was surely a deadly introduction with people getting killed and an idol song playing in the background. I’m really digging the character Diva and her handy teddy bear sidekick Matsumoto. Man when she jumped from that building, Diva looked gorgeous like she is pretty much a interesting character! Since this anime is made by WIT studio, I hope this anime does well ^^

Man, that intro and end music is great, really fits the series so far. Also Diva and Teddy make for a good duo although the end of episode 2 put a darker light on Teddy's side of the partnership, I do hope the series keeps this good, sharp look to it. Nice premise to.

Last edited:
Episode 1 + 2

I can count this as "intriguing". I like these scientific topics of AI vs humans. It always gives a lot of thoughts and perspectives.

These intro episodes were pretty fast. I like the way it dosed info - it gave you just enough to understand yet teddy Matsumoto is intricate, secretive and not too trustworthy (Kyubey-ish) to know what to expect onwards. It has dark envisions, yet the ending of EP 2 revealing some meeting with more cute female androids bites my hopes. I wish this doesn't fall into some SoL. Audiovisually it is graceful as you would expect from WIT. Good starters.

I already fucking love Matsumoto
Not really as "what a cool guy" of course. But I'm a sucker for when two characters need to cooperate but have very distinct objectives. Both him and Diva have a fully strict mindset, one pragmatist and the other idealistic. I can't wait to see how they will clash again while trying to prevent the apocalypse.

Btw this 100 year gap got mentioned a lot of times, I really hope we will actually see a lot of times pass bewteen and during episodes to see the results of their actions developing.

Brah, that opening was messed up.
All that bloody violence juxtaposed by it being caused by parade floats and whatnot while some robo idol sings a cheery tune.
Brutal. Also, the ending of episode 2.
Teddy Bear Kyubey is cold blooded, man. Just letting a plane full of people explode. Hardcore, man.

Androids: Check
Advanced A.I.: Check
Amazing Animation: Check
Beautiful MC: Check
Interesting Setting/Story: Check

Extra bonus, Jun as the V.A. of Matsumoto that feels like a combination of his roles as Leopard from Sora o Kakeru Shōjo and Koro-sensei.

Kinda disapponting so far. The setting looks interesting, but I find the plot too questionable. They already diverted from the original timeline by saving some guy, and in something akin to the butterfly effect, you'd expect that Matsumoto would cease to exist, or the future would become so drastically different that his 100 years of information would become useless. Yet he seems to imply that he and Vivy still have many more future events to alter, that are going to happen exactly the same. Seems like a big plot hole to me.

Visually it looked beautiful, but the rest felt shallow. Ep 2 ended in a typical break-the-cutie moment that was there for pure shock value, without adding much to the plot. Oh, and how is Vivy going to repair herself after all that?

So far it reminded me of Beatless, but worse.

Kinda disapponting so far. The setting looks interesting, but I find the plot too questionable. They already diverted from the original timeline by saving some guy, and in something akin to the butterfly effect, you'd expect that Matsumoto would cease to exist, or the future would become so drastically different that his 100 years of information would become useless. Yet he seems to imply that he and Vivy still have many more future events to alter, that are going to happen exactly the same. Seems like a big plot hole to me.

Visually it looked beautiful, but the rest felt shallow. Ep 2 ended in a typical break-the-cutie moment that was there for pure shock value, without adding much to the plot. Oh, and how is Vivy going to repair herself after all that?

So far it reminded me of Beatless, but worse.

Just wondering - you really believe everything Matsumoto says is correct? I for myself don't believe him at all. Maybe because of the absence of such butterfly effect it may be the proof that he is actually lying, scheming, making things up for a completely different purpose and mission? Seems to early to be disappointed or question the plot by relying on the words, actions and information provided by not the most trustworthy of characters.

Just wondering - you really believe everything Matsumoto says is correct? I for myself don't believe him at all. Maybe because of the absence of such butterfly effect it may be the proof that he is actually lying, scheming, making things up for a completely different purpose and mission? Seems to early to be disappointed or question the plot by relying on the words, actions and information provided by not the most trustworthy of characters.
As long as he is not caught lying, I'm going to assume that what he says is correct, simply because there is no evidence to the contrary. Maybe the anime is going to make a big turnaround and I'm going to be very impressed, but until that happens I will reserve my right to be disappointed.

First, a preface:

"I hate temporal mechanics" - Chief Petty Officer Miles O'Brien, Deep Space Nine.

That said: the fact that Matsumoto didn't disappear is not prima facie evidence that he is lying. For that to be the case, the timeline would have to be singular and monolithic. It is the timeline, no alternates allowed, the one singular future is irrevocably changed and the previous one ceases to exist if the past is changed.

But as many stories have shown, including Avengers, that isn't always the case. When you time travel, you create a new timeline. For sure, if you do absolutely nothing, most if not all of the history as you know it will play out pretty close to the same way. As Terminator (and countless viz novels, lol) showed, there are multiple routes to the same future. Matsumoto's foreknowledge will very likely become less and less reliable as time goes on (and arguably should, keep an eye out for it), but events may still lead to the disaster he's trying to prevent. That one politician's survival may not prevent (and very likely, will not) prevent the AI Naming Law from passing. Much like Miles Dyson didn't create Skynet, but someone else ultimately did.

Ultimately time travel stories always create a paradox. It's up to the writers to make the story compelling enough for the audience to forgive it. With just the two episodes, we have yet to see if they can achieve that.

gotta love how people critic about science in an anime show.
Let´s try to enjoy it without thinking too much into it, if you want reality, then just go walk around town.

gotta love how people critic about science in an anime show.
Let´s try to enjoy it without thinking too much into it, if you want reality, then just go walk around town.
How about you take a walk around town and let people have fun writing about what they think about a show huh?

edgy and depressing.

I should have let episode 1 murder-violence be a strong indicator, but i ignored it as a hook, but nah, it's just going to
continue to get you with characters and then murder them, isn't it?

1 - - 2 - -

Real Hatsune Miku and Monokuma korosensei team up to prevent the END OF THE WORLD.

This is beautiful!
Despite being written by the Re:ZERO guy, these episodes had a lot of very good moments and a lot of good ideas. I never thought an anime about robots would actually be compelling, but here we are. I think too many times have AI's in anime been portrayed as soulless, quirky, or too indistinguishable from humans for it to matter, but this anime did a great job so far of making two AI characters which are believably hard-coded yet still interesting, they talk to each other like two robots would with vastly different goals. There is something inhuman about it but also at the same time, relatable.

I loved the little touch of the singularity countdown in the upper left hand corner through the first part of the first episode. There were a lot of things I liked about it, it's hard to list all of them.

Ah and the animation. What really needs to be said?

First, a preface:

"I hate temporal mechanics" - Chief Petty Officer Miles O'Brien, Deep Space Nine.

That said: the fact that Matsumoto didn't disappear is not prima facie evidence that he is lying. For that to be the case, the timeline would have to be singular and monolithic. It is the timeline, no alternates allowed, the one singular future is irrevocably changed and the previous one ceases to exist if the past is changed.

But as many stories have shown, including Avengers, that isn't always the case. When you time travel, you create a new timeline. For sure, if you do absolutely nothing, most if not all of the history as you know it will play out pretty close to the same way. As Terminator (and countless viz novels, lol) showed, there are multiple routes to the same future. Matsumoto's foreknowledge will very likely become less and less reliable as time goes on (and arguably should, keep an eye out for it), but events may still lead to the disaster he's trying to prevent. That one politician's survival may not prevent (and very likely, will not) prevent the AI Naming Law from passing. Much like Miles Dyson didn't create Skynet, but someone else ultimately did.

Ultimately time travel stories always create a paradox. It's up to the writers to make the story compelling enough for the audience to forgive it. With just the two episodes, we have yet to see if they can achieve that.

I think I might have been a bit misunderstood here :-)

My only concern and worry is to judge a show or the plot itself from the get go because some unconfirmed physical law did not react or come to play because this and that. We are talking anime and there is no time travel law which all animes follow. They manipulate them, they make their own time travelling laws and I generaly don't care what they are. I accept them all if they are explained at least semi-well and don't overturn their setted rules. I think it is not wise, definitely too early almost a bit ill to condemn the story because of plot-holing as Safaq did since:

a) Matsumoto didn't disappear because they apparently altered the timeline by saving Aikawa. There is no rule that he HAS to disappear. Not only the timeline may not be altered enough for such conclusion, it may not work like that at all. And as you mentioned Skynet - yes, the timeline could have moved, it could have shifted for some later time with the same repercussions and outcome thus creating Matsumoto's character again.
b) There is no confirmation that Matsumoto time traveled and he might be manipulating Vivy with fake stories for his own aims, gains and plans.

That said, again, it is too early for any such calls. It's been only 2 episodes, let's see what comes next :-)

Back