Vinland Saga

ep 7:
The vikings carrying those boats was so funny to me. A great episode overall.
honestly, this might be one of my all time favourites, maybe even in the top 5, but we shall see what this anime takes for directions.
The animation: beautiful
The characters: great and interesting. (except that one guy from this ep, didn't like him at all)
The op and ed: in my top 10 of best songs in anime ever, probably(and are also high up in the op and ed lists)

So, I really enjoyed this episode. Askeladd works well as a foil for Thorfinn. He's a nice contrast to Thorfinn's personality. I really enjoyed the humor and action scenes. I was laughing so hard when they carried the boats. I love Thorfinn's and Askeladd's relationship and look forward to seeing it develop more. Can't wait to see them duel.
Also, Thorfinn looks like so done with life. What an edgy teenager.
tvFrwuA.png

Here's my favorite screenshots of the latest episode:
04ANh7e.png

8BV1t4y.png

This is why Askeladd's my favorite character.
73GPzEt.png

*wheeze*
sEXtLQm.png

Di2qjw1.png

UetYcyQ.png

Good job, Thorfinn.
rRAh8gi.png

07:

This guy really looks so damn out of place in this anime compared to everyone else, lmao.............
2c18pZl.jpg

Also Askeladd is the best fucking troll of all time. How can one not love him? HAIL TO THE KING BABY.

And how metal as fuck was that scene where the vikings were charging carrying those boats in their backs?

Last edited:
Nitpick, but... WHY THE FUCK was Thorfinn running like a goddamned orange romper suit ninja!?!?

Took me out of the episode for a moment.

And yes, Fat Frenchie looked like he was from something else. Cartoonish in comparison to everything else.

1st person perspective shots were neat.

But solid episode overall.

Also, that boy got a hell of a hateboner for Askeladd. Them daggers he carries ain't the only 2 he got; Thorfinn could could nail a Christian to a cross with them eyes of his. At this point I expect him to be the death of Askeladd. Yet, wouldn't be surprised if they spin it around some other way.

Ep. 7,
Yep, there was that ninja run that didn't escape notice. The fat French guy was like a character out of Berserk, it was amusing. Looks like Thorfinn is going to get his rematch, but I don't think he's going to win against Askeladd, the reason being experience. But anything can happen I suppose.

Episode 7.
Okay, this anime original filler bullshit is starting to piss me off. This entire stupid segment was not in the manga. No annoying fat guy, no stupid Naruto run, none of it.

At this rate, I'm gonna drop it out of a new annoyance instead of the original annoyance.

Episode 7:

*insert Monty Python and the Holy Grail reference here*

Just going to echo everyone else's sentiments here and point out that the biggest takeaway of this episode's the revelation that Thorfinn Naruto runs. So the vikings lifted their boat and charged into battle, okay - but sheesh, Thorfinn.

2WsfR.jpg

My mans Askeladd looking the kingly pimp he is, so fresh, it's like he just stepped out of the shower. Points to Bjorn for being such a bro and going along with his boss' moment of gloatsome.

2WsfP.jpg

2WsfQ.jpg

He's got such a way with words too. Askeladd's a scoundrel, but boy, is that man one charming scoundrel.

EP 8

As soon as dude started talking in the middle of a fight to the death, I was thinking "Noooo Torafinn, don't be a dumbass and listen to this guy". I didn't really have any hope that he wouldn't be a dumb ass, I mean he's been a dumbass from ep 1, I don't see that changing, perhaps he'll learn to tone Askeladd out in the future should...…..WHEN he challenges him again.

EP 8

As soon as dude started talking in the middle of a fight to the death, I was thinking "Noooo Torafinn, don't be a dumbass and listen to this guy". I didn't really have any hope that he wouldn't be a dumb ass, I mean he's been a dumbass from ep 1, I don't see that changing, perhaps he'll learn to tone Askeladd out in the future should...…..WHEN he challenges him again.

I hope Thorfinn's character improves soon because damn does it suck. Only part of him that resembles Thors is his strength.

08:

"Everyone's a slave to something"
I absolutely love that golden line from Askeladd and Askeladd is just flexing how pimp he is by having his own fanclub. :laugh:

Thorfinn unsurprisingly gets easily taunted by him in their duel, letting emotions cloud everything else. This kid is a real hot head man. He maybe physically stronger but his mental strength is just not there and lacking. Honestly, Askeladd may have killed his father but he's the closet thing Thorfinn has to a mentor and their relationship is such a complicated one that I just enjoy so much. To a certain extent in a fucked up way, they do feel like his family now as their angsty son.

ALSO HERE WE GOOOOOoooooooooo BOIS, THORKELL'S A COMIN! MY BODY IS READY.

EP 8: the edge continues
Askeladd is still my favourite character. And GOSH DANGGG he's manipulative! I read a comment that this Canute Guy 'ruined' the manga. So, next episode: Take me now!
And Thorfinn is still a clump of edge(yness)

Episode 8:
Askeladd is just flexing how pimp he is by having his own fanclub. :laugh:

2WuPF.jpg

is nobody going to talk about that enthusiastic young one on the left because come on she wasn't exactly being subtle

Thorfinn unsurprisingly gets easily taunted by him in their duel, letting emotions cloud everything else. This kid is a real hot head man. He maybe physically stronger but his mental strength is just not there and lacking. Honestly, Askeladd may have killed his father but he's the closet thing Thorfinn has to a mentor and their relationship is such a complicated one that I just enjoy so much. To a certain extent in a fucked up way, they do feel like his family now as their angsty son.

I love Askeladd and Thorfinn's relationship. I think it's the most complex thing ever: on one hand, it's clear Askeladd's using Thorfinn, but on the other hand, it's also just as obvious that both of them need each other to survive. Thorfinn wouldn't have survived without the vikings, but the crew wouldn't have made it out of France if not for Thorfinn. It's a twisted thing that I think isn't lost on good old Uncle Bjorn.

Episode 8:

Alright... I'm just a smidge confused.
I haven't been keeping track of dates, was that last bit flashing back, forward, or sideways? Because I had some serious thoughts about this Hordaland girl and where her story would go and now I'm not sure if we've skipped ahead or just confused the shit out of me...

there many people saying that doctor stone surprasses every anime of this season but on my opinion this one is the best the animation and the plot are simply amazing and although it was a little bit slow pate in the first episodes it's even better now and it's not only that i usually find history anime boring even though producers try to give it the maxium action to make it interesting but this one.... DAMN SON!

Back