Vinland Saga Season 2

I homestly didn't think it would get a season 2 for awhile
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I actually consider this the best show in years. The only tv series from the 10s I was on a verge of giving a 10/10 to. The last minutes were a random mess, though.
So, yeah, hyped for sure. It only worries me that I dropped the manga at the end of the farmland saga xD.

I was surprised by Vinland saga author's announcement on twitter. Honestly it has been a long time since I become excited like that for upcoming anime
:love:

just finished vinland saga. Got confused, found out it wasn't the end, here I am. Kind of a strange place for it because I feel like with just another 2 maybe 3 episodes it could easily wrap up. I don't feel like there is much a whole extra season would make work. Don't know if I'm interested in anything else frankly. But I guess I have to go on if they go for more. I might just read the manga and see if I like where its going and drop it if I don't. Still, very clever show I'd like to see more of from the author.

just finished vinland saga. Got confused, found out it wasn't the end, here I am. Kind of a strange place for it because I feel like with just another 2 maybe 3 episodes it could easily wrap up. I don't feel like there is much a whole extra season would make work. Don't know if I'm interested in anything else frankly. But I guess I have to go on if they go for more. I might just read the manga and see if I like where its going and drop it if I don't. Still, very clever show I'd like to see more of from the author.
The first anime season does say "End of the Prologue" at the end of the last episode. There is plenty of story left.

As for whether that story is worth it... As someone who recently caught up to the manga I'd argue the so-called prologue was the peak of the thing, flaws and all. Askeladd remains unmatched both as a character and as a driving force for the narrative.

The following arc that's going to get adapted is good, at any rate. Just a big departure from what came before. I'd say give either the manga or S2 a few chapters and see if you're interested.

The first anime season does say "End of the Prologue" at the end of the last episode. There is plenty of story left.

As for whether that story is worth it... As someone who recently caught up to the manga I'd argue the so-called prologue was the peak of the thing, flaws and all. Askeladd remains unmatched both as a character and as a driving force for the narrative.

The following arc that's going to get adapted is good, at any rate. Just a big departure from what came before. I'd say give either the manga or S2 a few chapters and see if you're interested.
To add to this, the part after this following arc specifically just felt like it got a little too saccharine and was being a more run of the mill action shounen. It really suffered a bit in terms of writing quality that it was sort of hard to take that seriously.

Last edited:
To add to this, the part after this following arc specifically just felt like it got a little too saccharine and was being a more run of the mill action shounen. It really suffered a bit in terms of writing quality that it was sort of hard to take that seriously.
Gosh, reading that arc actually reminded me of The Promised Neverland
in how awfully low the stakes felt and how even the most ridiculous antics turned out alright for everyone because that's what the protag wants.
You don't want to remind me of that manga period, but even less so if your work is seinen. Shit was painful to read.

Back