Uzumaki: Spiral into Horror

Well, you did just admit to being a Deen fanboy in another thread so this checks out.

I am so excited for this. I just want it now. Uzumaki is such a cool concept with just the right amount of Lovecraftian dread.

You know........it's kind of funny coincidentally you picked that spinning avatar. :laugh:

Good lovecraftian horror is just a very rare breed of horror to even see in general. Only live action movie I can think of that I watched would be Endless in recent times.

Went to check on a friends feed & found that she wanted to watch this.
Now having to read this whole thread I’m very excited!! It looks promising
and I think it will be a faithful adaptation as well.

Why only 4 episodes when the manga has lots of pages & panels though?

The format for this is probably going to be flexible, we have no idea how long each episode is going to be after all and they'll most likely be more than the length for a standard episode. Also, I don't think Uzumaki is quite long enough honestly to warrant a full cour of 12-13 episodes.

Last edited:
I don't suppose we've had any more news about this that I've missed have we?

Nope bro, I'm just about as anxious as you are checking every day of my life for news. They've been dead silent other than a vague 2021 release. But for me, I don't mind waiting if Junji Itou is finally going to have a good adaptation of his work for once. It's worth the wait.

Last edited:
Nope bro, I'm just about as anxious as you are checking every day of my life for news. They've been dead silent other than a vague 2021 release. But for me, I don't mind waiting if Junji Itou is finally going to have a good adaptation of his work for once. It's worth the wait.
Yeah they better be taking their time with it. Don't want another Junji Ito collection...

Back