Usakame

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by chii, Mar 31, 2016.

1. chii

chii Well-Known Member

Posted by chii on Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  2. SpanglishJC

SpanglishJC Well-Known Member

I wonder if this will be any good

3. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Mar 31, 2016
    Yes, yes it did. I never want this to end, ever.

#Teekyuu4life.

4. SpanglishJC

Oh another Teekyuu fan eh?

5. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Mar 31, 2016
    Yep, huge fan since the beginning of time, I have the biggest fetish for off the wall random comedies, so this is right up my alley.

6. SpanglishJC

That is good to hear. I watched it as part of a group watch thing on a whim, little did we know how much we would enjoy it.

7. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

Until it has one spinoff for each of the main characters, then it probably doesn't have enough spinoffs.

8. SpanglishJC

They made a spin of Nasuno, I expect one for Marimo anytime now... at least I hope they make one for her

9. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Apr 1, 2016
    I need spin-offs for Marimo and Kanae before I depart this Earthly realm

10. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Apr 1, 2016
    I completely endorse this idea, Millepensee, make it happen.

11. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Apr 11, 2016
    Episode 1

Yeah, that was very teekyuu but with crayon colouring and more yuri-esque fanservice...

of course more yuri is always good.

12. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Teekyuu set to half the speed, and half the fun.

13. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Apr 11, 2016
    01:

.....Yeah, I have to agree with gedata. This just felt too different to me, and I think it just suffers too much because of the pacing. I'm also not a fan of the more moe-fied art style. Fuck, I'm disappointed.

14. ZetsubouKaiji

Episode 1:

Damn, this sucked. I appreciate that they wanted to try something different, but they changed all the things that make Teekyuu what it is. Giving the series a longer run time and slowing down the pacing were both mistakes. The jokes aren't as rapid fire and that right there is enough to kill this spinoff. The jokes that were there weren't that great and they definitely weren't as random as I'd expect from Teekyuu.

The new art style sucks too and the animation is even worse than the usual Teekyuu animation. Characters legs don't even more when they walk. Instead they float around everywhere.

15. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

5:

This show isn't bad but the way this episode reminds me that I'm not watching actual Teekyuu gets me down a little.

16. ZetsubouKaiji

This episode also takes care of the tennis requirement for the next couple of seasons.

17. LinkSword

LinkSword POPEE BELIEVER

Ehh, they let go of the chance for a good Teekyuu spin-off here. We didn't see much of the four rival girls in the main series, but all of them seemed funny there. This on the other hand kinda misses all the marks with the comedy - the content itself is not random or funny enough, and the slow execution of the gags doesn't help.

It's cute, but that's all the credit I can give it. It honestly feels more like a promotional side-project for that idol group doing the opening and ending themes, rather than a sincere attempt at a spin-off.

ZetsubouKaiji likes this.