Update an existing manga

Discussion in 'Manga Submissions' started by sothis, Apr 3, 2018.

1. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

Posted by sothis on Apr 3, 2018
    Suggest any changes to an existing manga here. If you want to add a missing manga, use the other thread.

Request the following types of changes:

• Chapter/volume count
    • Author/artist updates
    • Missing magazines, publishing labels, etc

For tag additions or removals, post in the tags thread.

For missing characters, use the characters submissions section.

If requesting a chapter update, the following information is required:

1. A link to the manga's page on Anime-Planet
    2. The count you want it to be updated to
    3. A source link (preferably the source webtoon site, another official source, or MU/NU)
    4. A brief note that this is for a chapter update, somewhere (even just putting the text "chapter update" in the post)

TweebWeeb, Noitra, Noth94 and 2 others like this.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  2. Melicans

Melicans New Member

Also, if this is the appropriate place to ask, how are "half volumes" kept track of? I noticed that a few series, for example My Sister My Writer (https://www.anime-planet.com/manga/my-sister-my-writer-light-novel) have a volume 7.5, 8.5 etc between the main series releases. Would they be added to the volume count, or get a new entry as a related spin-off?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2020
  3. Grizz

Grizz Database Moderator

Posted by Grizz on Jan 4, 2020
    I just want to say, we aren't ignoring this request/question. We dont currently have a "official" stance on these so we are discussing it within the team and trying to finalise something for going forward to handle these cases consistently in future. Unfortunately they aren't straight forward so it may take some time before you get your response. Sorry for the delay.

ExiledMorgana and Melicans like this.
  4. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

Posted by sothis on Feb 24, 2020
    Hi folks, we appreciate everyone's help with pointing out chapter updates. Recently there's been a lot of requests that don't have the info that we need to get it done quickly, so we've updated the first post with information. Please start including all of these:

If posts are missing this information, mods will ask you to provide it

httpsusu likes this.