Unveil your new identity! (Anime-Planet name change)

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Figured we should probably have a thread where people can chime in if they've changed their name on Anime-Planet :)

• What was your old name?

• What's your new name?

• Any fun info as to why you changed your name?

^I don't even recall him having a 21 after his sn before...

Old Name: Pkmnmaster88

New Name: commonxreaction

Why? commonxreaction was the handle I had decided on earlier in the year before I joined AP. I used it for a lot of other stuff I was starting to join, including PSN. For whatever reason, when I joined AP I picked Pkmnmaster88, and sort of immediately regretted it. Partially because I abbreviated Pokemon to Pkmn and didn't really like the aesthetic of it. I had always planned to change it, from almost Day 1.

Why? commonxreaction was the handle I had decided on earlier in the year before I joined AP. I used it for a lot of other stuff I was starting to join, including PSN. For whatever reason, when I joined AP I picked Pkmnmaster88, and sort of immediately regretted it. Partially because I abbreviated Pokemon to Pkmn and didn't really like the aesthetic of it. I had always planned to change it, from almost Day 1.

Interestingly enough I've always assumed it was for 'pacman' even though the C isn't a K and all...

Old name: Panta

New name: LadyJam

Wanted a change of name, Tents calls me Jam, and LadyJam is sort of a euphemism that entertains the small facets of my mind.

Old Name: Bradalee21

New Name: Brad

Why?: My name is Brad.

I thought it was Glenda.

Oh, so that's who you were. I just assumed you were a new user when I came back.

Interestingly enough I've always assumed it was for 'pacman' even though the C isn't a K and all...

Don't worry, that's a common reaction. :lenny:

Wanted a change of name, Tents calls me Jam, and LadyJam is sort of a euphemism that entertains the small facets of my mind.

I thought it was Glenda.

I thought you were LadyPsychic, this changes my entire outlook on the meaning of your new name...

Oh, so that's who you were. I just assumed you were a new user when I came back.

:pokerface:

I thought you would of known because you were part of the Lottery and suddenly the person running it had a different name?

Old name: vulpixes

New name
: SkyOnAnime

Why
: I used "vulpixes" originally because it's my favorite Pokemon. But my name is Sky, and I've been incorporating that into pretty much all of my other usernames -- "sky on __." So it was only fitting that this one was SkyOnAnime. I don't know if I like it enough to keep it forever though. I guess I'll see three months from now.

Don't worry, that's a common reaction. :lenny:

I thought you were LadyPsychic, this changes my entire outlook on the meaning of your new name...

:pokerface:

I thought you would of known because you were part of the Lottery and suddenly the person running it had a different name?

btw please remember to check into mod chat regularly because we have some thoughts for you in there

Sothis just wants to stalk people.

I was always Tents. No, really. I swear.

qlWWo62.jpg

Like sothis said, I am glad she made this, I'd have never known.

CMC -> Jamie

Though that happened before many of the current regulars, I think.
Pepperidge Farm Remembers. In some ways it was less letters, but all caps so I am not sure which one zips off a keyboard better.

I will miss Panta. I guess I like the fact it sounded like a big badass hair band mixed with a refreshing drink.
But the new name is actually hella catchy. You even have a 'band'.
.. sorta.

I'm glad I made this thread as I had no idea that's who you are (I thought you were new)
Maybe we have a few others who we thought walked off a skybridge years ago, but have been here the whole time.

Last edited:
Back