Unpopular Opinions

I don't think I watch late night TV at all, I just stick to my weeb stuff.
That's because you don't want to deal with the extreme cringe that goes on.
Skh2R4.gif

UO:
Cell shading is the best style for video games. It's the best way they can look to me, pretty much the 3D equivalent of 16 bit graphics in platformers, ect.
Wind-Waker-Outset-Island.jpg

I just wish more games used it as well as WW or BOTW do. Too bad most people want realistic graphics, which in some games is fine when they should look more realistic such as monster hunter world or whatever the hell naughty dog is doing. But we need more cartoonish games in general.

UO:
Cell shading is the best style for video games. It's the best way they can look to me, pretty much the 3D equivalent of 16 bit graphics in platformers, ect.
Wind-Waker-Outset-Island.jpg

I just wish more games used it as well as WW or BOTW do. Too bad most people want realistic graphics, which in some games is fine when they should look more realistic such as monster hunter world or whatever the hell naughty dog is doing. But we need more cartoonish games in general.

Cell shading was basically the first technique I learned in my computer graphics class. I can't think of many games at all where I didn't the love cell shading.

A lot of the best games I've played had cell shading.

UO1: Related to the cel shading discussion: I think more games should fuck off with attempting "photorealistic graphics" and just go stylised all the time. It ages so much better, and it helps differentiate your games from others.
UO2: Basically any story not made by the original creators should count as fanfiction. The difference is merely if it's officially sanctioned or not. Long-ass shounen fillers? Fanfic. The vast majority of Big Two superhero stories written in the last sixty years or so? Definitely fanfiction.

Last edited:
UO2: Basically any story not made by the original creators should count as fanfiction. The difference is merely if it's officially sanctioned or not. Long-ass shounen fillers? Fanfic. The wast majority of Big Two superhero stories written in the last sixty years or so? Definitely fanfiction.

Oh god I feel this so hard, particularly with spiderman as there's so many different stories going on that I don't know what the fuck is happening. It doesn't mean that they can't be good, either, but then fanfiction can be very good.

Oh god I feel this so hard, particularly with spiderman as there's so many different stories going on that I don't know what the fuck is happening. It doesn't mean that they can't be good, either, but then fanfiction can be very good.
Indeed. I just want to get over the wannabe-high-minded snobbery of people bashing fanfiction and fan creations of characters that are basically institutional and made by committees these days, but some people still act like it's all true to the spirit of what the creators intended only because they shell out 4 bucks a month for a Captain America comic.

UO1: Related to the cel shading discussion: I think more games should fuck off with attempting "photorealistic graphics" and just go stylised all the time. It ages so much better, and it helps differentiate your games from others.
UO2: Basically any story not made by the original creators should count as fanfiction. The difference is merely if it's officially sanctioned or not. Long-ass shounen fillers? Fanfic. The vast majority of Big Two superhero stories written in the last sixty years or so? Definitely fanfiction.
Yeah, the Last Deus Ex Uncharted of Us Redemption games are starting to get really really boring. The only one where I really agreed with how it was stylized recently was Spider-Man, and that was only because all the suit choices brought so many other styles to the table.
maxresdefault-10.jpg.optimal.jpg

That reminds me, I haven't played it in a while and there's been DLC :o

Yeah, the Last Deus Ex Uncharted of Us Redemption games are starting to get really really boring. The only one where I really agreed with how it was stylized recently was Spider-Man, and that was only because all the suit choices brought so many other styles to the table.
maxresdefault-10.jpg.optimal.jpg

That reminds me, I haven't played it in a while and there's been DLC :o
I'd almost say I wish I could get that game on pc but then again I don't have all that much time for gaming anyway so it wouldn't even make any difference :/

To be honest, I don't really like Rockstar or Naughty Dog all that much either. My gaming catalog is pretty much either older games, or games from Nintendo these days. People can bash them all they want, but they definitely have most of their games stand out in terms of visual style.

To be honest, I don't really like Rockstar or Naughty Dog all that much either. My gaming catalog is pretty much either older games, or games from Nintendo these days. People can bash them all they want, but they definitely have most of their games stand out in terms of visual style.
AH, Colossus and Last Guardian, that's what I was thinking of bringing up before, more AAA games that have a truly distinctive style. People say it hasn't aged well but it has for me. It's brilliant stuff. For some reason this post reminded me of that. Dunno why.

Back