Unpopular Opinions

Maybe among us oldies. The youngsters might have different opinions. Spider-Man 2 was my fave film for many years to be honest.
This was my Facebook profile picture for a long time
2vtd4i1.jpg

Playing mario has me often humming the theme tune. Even Tetris sticks in your head for decades. Not that I play new games but i imagine the music is as generic as every other game.

Old-timers, amirite? But I will give Spider-Man 2 credit: It created the best Spider-Man game of it's time, in history before it and for decades. The web-slinging mechanics was so amazing.

Old-timers, amirite? But I will give Spider-Man 2 credit: It created the best Spider-Man game of it's time, in history before it and for decades. The web-slinging mechanics was so amazing.

Have to agree, that's basically the only 3D spider man game I played and it was dope.

The only other one I remember is the ghetto ass one for Atari:

I still have a lot of weird nostalgia for it.

The one with Andrew Garfield was also good to watch. :)
I was a spiderman semi-fan in the past, watched the spiderman cartoon from 1994.
followed up with Bikermouse from mars and Xmen. :)
Yeah Garfield wasn’t too bad. Shame they didn’t last either.
The cartoon was awesome though! Yes!

Disfigured joints isn't exactly a minor problem though...

No. But there isn’t a great deal they can do medically For it either to be honest. My mum takes maybe 6 different medications to “help” including amytryptyline and naproxen, yet she is still getting worse and in pain. Not that things from my store help either.

FYI loads of research into turmeric currently says it can help in some kinds (ones where inflammation is the main problem like rheumatoid) and cherry juice helps with gout type arthritis as it removes uric acid.

The cartoon was awesome though! Yes!

I loved the 90s Spider-Man cartoon as a kid. It's kind of funny how much they managed to do with that series considering Spider-Man wasn't even allowed to throw a punch due to broadcast standards. They show did some damn fine renditions of the most popular comic book arcs and it still has the best renditions of Venom and Carnage.

No. But there isn’t a great deal they can do medically For it either to be honest. My mum takes maybe 6 different medications to “help” including amytryptyline and naproxen, yet she is still getting worse and in pain.
I don't know where you got the information that medicine can't do much for it, but that's a bit outdated.

For rheumatoid arthritis, for example, you'd start a DMARD ASAP (first few months agter symptoms start is the 'window of opportunity') to prevent disfigured joints and get less inflammation of joints, while using cortisone for a couple of months until the DMARD works. This helps most people. If it doesn't, you'd try a different DMARD or a 'biological' like infliximab.
The problem only really starts when it takes too long to start this treatment or when you're therapy-resistent (which is a minority your mom may sadly be a part of?)

Other types of arthritis can be easier or harder to handle depending on the type. Not sure if amitryptilline works in any them though.

On the turmeric and cherry juice: you may or may not be right that they do those things. But honestly, most plants will have the active parts that could help in concentrations that are too low, or too variable, or they can have other substances in them that cause unwanted side effects or interactions. People always seem to think "big pharma" doesn't want you to know these plants work because it doesn't generate profit, but it's more a concern of efficacy and safety.

I loved the 90s Spider-Man cartoon as a kid. It's kind of funny how much they managed to do with that series considering Spider-Man wasn't even allowed to throw a punch due to broadcast standards. They show did some damn fine renditions of the most popular comic book arcs and it still has the best renditions of Venom and Carnage.
Spectacular Tombstone was the best version of that character tho

I don't know where you got the information that medicine can't do much for it, but that's a bit outdated.

For rheumatoid arthritis, for example, you'd start a DMARD ASAP (first few months agter symptoms start is the 'window of opportunity') to prevent disfigured joints and get less inflammation of joints, while using cortisone for a couple of months until the DMARD works. This helps most people. If it doesn't, you'd try a different DMARD or a 'biological' like infliximab.
The problem only really starts when it takes too long to start this treatment or when you're therapy-resistent (which is a minority)

Other types of arthritis can be easier or harder to handle depending on the type. Not sure if amitryptilline works in any them though.

On the turmeric and cherry juice: you may or may not be right that they do those things. But honestly, most plants will have the active parts that could help in concentrations that are too low, or too variable, or they can have other substances in them that cause unwanted side effects or interactions. People always seem to think "big pharma" doesn't want you to know these plants work because it doesn't generate profit, but it's more a concern of efficacy and safety.

Rheumatoid is classed as an autoimmune disorder though so there is more options. I think general osteo is just luck of the draw. In my mums case she had a hip scan at 45, doc said “yes we’ll keep an eye on that as there is arthritis” and at 47 it has disintegrated so badly she had to have a replacement.
Amytryptyline is just pain relief.

Turmeric and cherry are both sold at higher concentrations when at supplement level than the actual food though.

I’d say the fairest thing to say is to do what works best for the individual. If medicine works then brilliant and if alt therapy works (and I mean objectively not subjectively) that’s brilliant too.

UO:

Graphics mean absolutely nothing to me in video games. Same thing goes for animation. I've seen people say they wont watch Ping Pong because it looks weird but it's a fantastic show. You don't need amazing visuals to tell a good story or have fun with a game.

UO:

Graphics mean absolutely nothing to me in video games. Same thing goes for animation. I've seen people say they wont watch Ping Pong because it looks weird but it's a fantastic show. You don't need amazing visuals to tell a good story or have fun with a game.

For me it's like this: If a show or game has fantastic visuals ON TOP of the other good things, it's even more awesome. But if you're Higurashi and have shitty visuals but you're still awesome then I'm cool with that too.

UO:

My favorite game is Breath of the Wild, and it's because it's beautiful- but the graphics are technically far less impressive than their competitors. Here's the thing- graphics really are stressed way too much in today's gaming world, for some reason. You gotta have the highest spec games around, but think about what made that game special. It was the art design. Nowadays for some reason indie developers are the people thinking about that the most, and that's just sad. the people with the most resources not focusing on the important shit.

All because people still pay for it, i guess.

UO:

I place way more emphasis on a unique art style. Photorealism is basically boring to me, it's cartoony all the way for me till DEATH. Parappa the rapper I'd take over call of dooty, any day of the week.

Back