Unpopular Anime Opinions

Discussion in 'General Anime Discussion' started by ZetsubouKaiji, Feb 19, 2016.

1. ShoumaTaka

ShoumaTaka Well-Known Member

Oh my God kill me now I haven't tagged you get because I wish to open no form of Conversation with you take a hint

2. BrainBlow

BrainBlow Well-Known Member

If you "don't want conversation" then shut it.

3. StarsMine

StarsMine Database Moderator

Yea we all still watch it, its not bad enough for us to drop it, but I dont know any one piece fan that thinks the current state of the anime is gucci.

What? Can you rephrase that? Are you trying to say that people in an open forum should not talk unless spoken to?

If you want a one on one with someone, thats what PMs are for.

4. Nicknames

Nicknames Database Moderator

Who knows, it must be lost in internet limbo right now xD

The OVA or the TV Series? because the TV series sucked tanuki balls

5. RoyalOss

RoyalOss Database Moderator

I dropped it. Couldnt take it anymore.

OVA
    Havent watched the TV series yet

6. GekoHayate

GekoHayate Active Member

Haven't gotten that far in the manga (started part 6 some time ago and never finished) but I do agree. Sadly I just don't think Jojo works in animated form, it just never feels fabulous enough. The power of imagination and all. And I hear the Egypt season is disappointment.

Fair enough, I saw a kitchen reference and the "oh boy negative stereotypes" type reply and made an assumption. This would have been one instance where multi-quote-kun could have saved the day. Or I could to stop posting at 4am :happy:

7. Gummo

Gummo Active Member

Posted by Gummo on Feb 22, 2016
    Midori Days is very underrated.

8. Taek

Taek Well-Known Member

Posted by Taek on Feb 23, 2016
    You're in for a ride with part 6, for me it has one of the best support casts of all the parts, and Jolyne rates pretty damn highly on my list of favourite Jojo's.

If you weren't a fan of the 2012 show, there's no way you'd like Stardust Crusaders, but for me it has one of the best pay offs of all the parts.

9. Gummo

Gummo Active Member

Posted by Gummo on Feb 25, 2016
    May be a controversial opinion on here or may not, I think Yosuga no Sora is a beautiful anime. After a long time without watching any anime and wanting to check out something new, I randomly selected it from a list on a site and watched it without prior knowledge of anything about it. I was surprised to see where it headed (I had an inkling that it would go there, but not to that extent), but surprised to see how well it was handled and developed. The subject matter does not bother me, I just had no idea it was about that (rather unfamiliar with it in anime) and I still think it's one of the best anime series to explore it (others being Koi Kaze and Boku wa Imoto ni Koi o Suru). The animation is gorgeous, some of the characters and their developments are great, and the score has got to be on my top 10 of all time, anime or not.

Trying to be as vague about it as I can, despite the reputation.

10. Naga

Naga Well-Known Member

Posted by Naga on Feb 25, 2016
    I'm not ashamed to admit that it's one of my 'fuck, i liked it' kind of anime, along with Hen Zemi, some Shintaro Kago animations and similar stuff. I also like Godlen Boy, which doesn't seem that loved at all, but I think its well received around here.

11. Waka

Waka Member

Posted by Waka on Feb 25, 2016
    Non Non Biyori is lame as fuck. More like Non Non Boring am I right fellas?? ...Anyway, I get that it's supposed to be a slice of life, but that doesn't mean it has to be devoid of anything interesting or funny.

12. Gummo

Gummo Active Member

Posted by Gummo on Feb 25, 2016
    No love for Renge or Hotaru?

13. chii

chii Well-Known Member

Posted by chii on Feb 26, 2016
    Renge is the most annoying little shit ever

Lizardbitch likes this.
  14. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

It's tagged as incest on the site so it's okay to say that's a major arc in the anime. The incest thing isn't supposed to be a surprise in Sora, it's a pretty blatant harem set up and the sister was going to get her own route eventually.

I didn't care for Sora, but I really enjoyed Koi Kaze and think it's the best handling of incest in anime. It doesn't use the incest for cheap fan service, but really explores the implications of such a taboo relationship. Also, Kaze has a damn fine soundtrack. I'd highly recommend it to someone looking for something different and isn't completely turned off by the idea of incest or a relationship between an older man and a younger girl. I would say that if your problem with those topics is seeing them portrayed in a positive way, then while the anime doesn't paint them as wholly negative, it certain doesn't condone them, either.

15. Gummo

Gummo Active Member

Posted by Gummo on Feb 27, 2016
    Really? I watched Golden Boy when I was about 13 and haven't watched it since, but I thought it was hilarious. I wouldn't expect it to be panned here.

I agree. I was quite impressed by Koi Kaze. I don't think that incest should be consistently portrayed as something negative and destructive (although, in some cases, it can be), but with consideration and understanding, like anything else. Koi Kaze does that.

16. coffeebreath

coffeebreath Well-Known Member

If I became God for a day, I would write Code Geass out of existence.

Then the following day I would write a meta-fiction manga about a group of kids trying to defeat an evil God who destroyed the best anime ever made. The big anti-climactic gut-punch twist at the end will be that the anime was actually one of the worst ever made. Malevolence triumphs!

:megusta:

17. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Concerning Mujaki no Rakuen:

:troll:

18. SentientCrab

SentientCrab Member

Think Steins;Gate is overrated and is poorly written.

19. CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow Database Moderator

Everyone on this forum knows that I still think Meganebu! was great fun but on the other hand, I think the rest of Soubi Yamamoto's stuff is harmless but terribly boring fluff and not that great even as entry-level shounen-ai.

20. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

As shoddy and poorly made as it is Mars of Destruction is far from the worst anime ever made. I always see it at the top of most bad anime lists, but I think there are many anime out there more painful to watch. Don't get me wrong it's a real piece of shit, but it's got a few unintentionally funny moments and it's not nearly as harrowing to watch as Diabolik Lovers.