Uncle from Another World

Episode 7:
Man, that asshole hedgehog bit got me laughing more than I should. The cutesy squeaks was just the cherry on top.

Fujiyima's family got some weird genetics or something. The whole family probably has some kind of weird ugly phase and her brother is still in fourth grade so I shudder to think what he'll look like when he hits puberty.

Well...the show is now indefinitely delayed thanks to COVID and probably due to mismanagement too if the rumors are true. I've been hearing a lot of bad stuff regarding the production of this anime lately so I hope it won't get canceled or anything.

Oh well. Might as well pick up the manga again and continue where I left off.

Last edited:
the most fun anime this season ,and one of the most creative uses of the isekai trope , it's a shame that some generic shit is more popular that it and the production issues that plague it ,getting fucked over from every single corner wither it's Netflix, covid , or 'alleged' mismanagement, just bad all around .this is the studio's only full fledged anime , so it's not that shocking but still sad.
just please watch it

The production is so troubled they're restarting next season. Damn...

At least they are finishing it... hopefully. Didn't think Netflix was gonna let them get away with letting their money get wasted, even if they have to beat the animation studio into submission.
I've been wanting to pick this one up but it's probably a good idea that I held off... I probably would have ended up stalling it like when 86 Part 2 had it's own production issues and delays.

Picked this up on a recommendation somewhere on here, its awesome stuff.

But quite sad to see above it seems like its stalled. Looks like we get the 'Beep you, read the manga' ending before the season even finished

Indefinitely delayed. Soab! Quite a shame since it was the best show this season imho.
Not really indefinitely. Episode 8 is scheduled for November 24th.
Basically they couldn't keep up with the production this season (due to the virus & no working from home environment), so they more or less restart next season. On japanese TV it will re-air from the beginning with the start of fall season and show the new episodes after the first 7 have re-aired weekly. Which is how the date for the 8th episode is 24th November.
One can hope that with the additional time they really put their back into the aniation and produce something outstanding. We can dream about that at least.

Watched all episodes twice, then caught up on manga. Conflicted on who best girl is though

anime-naruto.gif

I can say quality of the adaption is excellent, this is nearly a 1:1 render of the manga with fleshing out and improvement. Japanese voice actors are one of the best things about anime, so they obviously improve the experience a great deal. Im not sure I would have stuck with the manga if not for the anime tbh.

Man I love the characters in this show. Seriously added 5 of them to my loved chars list.

Elf is just your plain tsundere from ye olden days, but she is so perfectly executed its making me love the archetype all over again. It probably helps a lot to have the inshow reaction from our spectators who add an additional comedic element to her scenes. I love her clothing, the black tights over her body with skin tight dress makes her look naked almost, except with the dignity of clothing too. Best of both worlds? She just looks so hot. I love how she keeps finding excuses to wake up in Uncle's bed with him in the morning lmao.

Fujimiya is cool too, just your 'normal girl' but I love the transition from her fugly days as a bully to wanting to be more feminine for Takafumi, and her cringing in agony at her past self is cute. She has to come on strong for this herbivore dude to notice her which is kind of nice to see with the girl taking the initiative, ya know?

Mabel is just too relatable, a character all too similar to myself, I must admit.....I love how her internal state of her emotions for Uncle is tied to her sword being icy or melted, the scene where she freezes solid and tries to kill Uncle after he tells her to sell the ring is solid gold.

Uncle and Takafumi, I mean these guys are all too relatable. I could see myself in either of them, although I wasnt a sega owner. I love how these guys have lots of faults and are not shiny Nice Guys with doormat personalities. I saw some comments out there call them assholes, but I disagree, I think they are just human and good fun to watch.

I probably shouldnt talk about Alecia here since she barely exists in the 7 episodes so far. I like her a lot, .........

Yes, very difficult decision indeed. Need the rest of the season, also need to re-examine every nook and cranny while pondering every angle and curve to determine this important answer.

Last edited:
netflix informed 3 ep would be aired in 15th, it seems we have yet another delay.

really sad cuz this probably means the show is doomed to die in first season, netflix is ruthless to any kind of bump and very strickt when it comes to deciding for 2 seasons. This would have been a pretty good hit for the season if there wasnt any problems.

kinda sad for the studio they made a pretty good work

netflix informed 3 ep would be aired in 15th, it seems we have yet another delay.

really sad cuz this probably means the show is doomed to die in first season, netflix is ruthless to any kind of bump and very strickt when it comes to deciding for 2 seasons. This would have been a pretty good hit for the season if there wasnt any problems.

kinda sad for the studio they made a pretty good work

It's also popping back up in the middle of one of the most stacked anime seasons of all time, so I'm really wondering if its views will tank too and destroy all hope. Regardless, I'm so ready to get this back.

Well the good news is that season competition is less important to netflix them native japanese and specialized plataforms.

increase in manga sales and merchandising is not their main objective so going undr the radar of the season is not as bad as long as it got the threshold in viewers.

Back