Tower of God

Damn this anime is to die for been anticipating what the anime would look like since have been reading the comics I still can't believe it's out now am gonna follow it all the way to the end

I’m glad I’m not the only one that’s disappointed in the animation. Sometimes it’s spot on and sometimes it’s really weak and bland. The Steel Eel was animated really well, and was detailed really nicely, but every humanoid character has weird line art and no shading. It’s just... really weird.

The comments here made me think the animation would be shit, but the animation is quite nice! It seems the style with its thicker lines is hit or miss for others, but I think it's great. The directing, the animation, all of it is great.

Now I have to see if the story fully pulls me in, lol

Last edited:
Episode 1:

I know I'm too old for this show, because the only really good thing I can say about it is, it's art is really nice. The toned-down exposition was really neat too, and I already kind of like this world they're setting up.

The bit with the bitchy zanpaktou was funny too. I still can't believe she really just went BEGONE THOT to her former wielder and fucked right off.

The battle royale scene was funny too. I liked how everybody was just randomly killing each other there.

But it's still mostly the same tropes you see in other shonen shows, just dressed up so nicely in a different kind of artstyle. You have the plucky MC who's your typical fish out of water in this world, other characters who aren't so impressed by his first impressions but end up doing a 180 after a while, and a faceless creature you're sure is up to no good. I hope the MC doesn't get everything handed to him, because that's what it looks like to me so far.

I also can't wait for that big lizard guy to fall head over heels for our MC because of his cute face.

I can't say I'm a big fan of the OP tho, it sucks.

It's standard K-Pop stuff, so it's really not meant to be anything better than generic. For anyone unfamiliar, Stray Kids is a new-ish boy band from the same entertainment agency that gave us Twice. So that's how mainstream the group is.

I just saw the first episode, and while I can see what you guys mean about the animation, it's not like it really bothers me. At least, not yet. The opening and ending songs are pretty good.

From what I managed to gather so far, the starting point of the story is pretty interesting but the characters don't seem very original. I'd be pretty disappointed if the main character ends up being one of those empty shell guys whose only purpose is to guide the viewer through the story. Of course, I could be wrong about all of this. I'm pretty interested to see what happens in the next episode, which is a good thing so I guess we'll see what the future holds.

I'm not familiar with Tower of God but so far my biggest worry is the MC (honestly, that's usually my biggest worry in a series - good or bad MC makes or breaks things). Honestly, he hasn't struck me as all that great so far but I can see some potential directions for him to be developed. I hope he is filled out

I'm not familiar with Tower of God but so far my biggest worry is the MC (honestly, that's usually my biggest worry in a series - good or bad MC makes or breaks things). Honestly, he hasn't struck me as all that great so far but I can see some potential directions for him to be developed. I hope he is filled out
Yeah, he's pretty cliche here . And they made him a freaking infant here lol . He winds up being a really great character. though. This first episode didn't set the stage for me like the source material did. I felt like there were random scenes to summarize events but no real context to understand where he's coming from, which was disappointing. I hope they don't adapt the whole thing that way

It's so bland, and I was kinda looking forward to it after reading some of the series. The intro and ending is meh, but the meat of the story and all that is alright I guess. The animation doesnt do it any favors though. To bad.

I don't know why people are saying that the animation is mediocre, honestly it was the first thing that called to me, it's line style is striking, other than that it's just a fine animation. As for the content itself... nothing remarkable up til now. For all that was hyped up to be, it looks just like any other shitty shonen, complete with nonsense characters (that Lady at the beginning and the sword, why even do all that?), and the MC is not really cool either. Let's see how this goes, but so far I'd drop it.

Episode 1:

Hmmmm... Not sure what to think here. I'm a little on the fence... there's definitely potential, but it does feel a little generic in places, and... idk, it's not that it lacks exposition, because it is there in subtle ways that are decidedly better than info-dumping, but... something about it just didn't impact.

I can't say I'm a big fan of the OP tho, it sucks.
+1 to that.

It's standard K-Pop stuff, so it's really not meant to be anything better than generic. For anyone unfamiliar, Stray Kids is a new-ish boy band from the same entertainment agency that gave us Twice. So that's how mainstream the group is.
All I got out of that was "generic K-pop boy band," which is pretty much what I was thinking it sounded like... so immediately not my cup of tea.

Episode 1:

Hmmmm... Not sure what to think here. I'm a little on the fence... there's definitely potential, but it does feel a little generic in places, and... idk, it's not that it lacks exposition, because it is there in subtle ways that are decidedly better than info-dumping, but... something about it just didn't impact.

I can get people not being hooked in by the first episode to be honest, TOG always felt like something that just got better as it went along to me when they really introduced the main cast.

Damn, for all of us ToG readers this is gonna be tough. I liked the art work a lot. Sure beats seeing the exact same type in every series. The OST so far was also really good. If you haven't read it, stick with it. If you have, well you'll probably stay either way. Don't really get why people don't like it so far.

Back