Tower of God

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by Guest, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Scruffy8642

Scruffy8642 Active Member

Really enjoyed this and it surpassed my expectations. Would give it a 4/5. Main complaints being that Bam and Rachel are just pretty shitty characters, but the rest are fine. Pretty shocked to hear this covered like 70 chapters, it really didn't feel rushed to me.

But I think the main problem is just that this is a stupidly long series, so 13 episodes isn't gonna cut it for getting anywhere decent in the plot or proper character development, and I do wish they started off with 2 cours. I hope for many many more seasons in the future.

Ebonyslayer and sakuralove520 like this.
  2. ShinrabanshouGr

ShinrabanshouGr New Member

Started watching this with high expectations thanks to all the hype. The first few episodes were underwhelming at best. After episode 5 or 6 it started picking up, until the 13th and final episode of the season which was horrible.
    After all the action in the last episodes, ending the season with one that wasted 3/5 of it's time to explain the reason why Rachel did what she did (I didn't even care about this bitch), was a really bad decision. It left a bad taste at the end, and reminded me of how average the start was.

Also, the main character can't pull the series, he is bad, and most of the other main characters outshine him. So, I'm not expecting much from a potential sequel. It can't get much better.

The two good thing about this, were the OP and ED. Both in my top 3 for the season. The anime in general, 10th or 11th place for the season.

3. RascaI

RascaI Well-Known Member

please no more webtoon anime

4/10

4. Hemfrik

Hemfrik Active Member

I'm surprised by the extent to which the final episodes saves the season.
    Rachel becomes an actual character, the plot turns out to be an actual plot, and som other things and characters behave as would be expected in a decent narrative.

Not bad, 7/10.

5. RascaI

RascaI Well-Known Member

I'll admit, I was surprised at how good the final episode was compared to the show as a whole. Felt like it was from an entirely different anime that actually knew what it was doing, bringing rachel into best character status in my eyes. But at this point it had been 11 episodes of me just not caring what was going on so it didn't make much of a difference.

6. OkamiHime95

OkamiHime95 Well-Known Member

Put this on the back-burner for awhile, but FINALLY I was able to watch episode 10. (I skipped episode 9 for personal reasons...)
    First off, I legit almost went EEEEEEE over mini Gator. :laugh::love: #MiniGatorIsBestGator

Hoping Bam wins the test.

7. Kidthegrimreaper8

Kidthegrimreaper8 New Member

I wonder what's taking so long for episode 8 of the English Dub to come out. Maybe I'm just impatient.

8. A Spicy meme made by yours truly (Hope you have watched E13) ;P
    [​IMG]

Feel free to support Mystic on Reddit of the original post here!

Vega likes this.