Tower of God

Why did they have to release a good looking PV. Now I'm going to feel even more sad when it turns out to be a trash adaption.
645380109989052426.png

I'll be honest, I know absolutely nothing about the source material, so I don't really have an expectations. But that PV looked pretty neat, and the high concept sounds great as well. I think I might watch this when it starts airing in April. I'm always on the lookout for a fantasy series with an interesting setting.

Man, just a few seconds of PV isn't really going to convincingly prove anything, really. Not much to still get excited ab--
Ehr mai gawd, they're getting Kevin Penkin for the OST, the made in abyss guy!

https://twitter.com/kevinpenkin/status/1233491778805870592?s=19

This OST is going to be absolutely amazing.
Well fuck my ears running, huh? At least whoever made that call to hire him deserves a pat on the back and a ticket for some free back-rubs.
(to be fair, he made the OST for Shield Hero, and while not bad it's not exactly super amazing either, and I literally listened to every single track individually for my D&D playlists)

Edit: oh geez, the director inspires little confidence.

Last edited:
Edit: oh geez, the director inspires little confidence.

Yeah, I just saw the rest of staff now and instantly went, NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, they look really damn mediocre. From the director to assistant director they have and the guy doing series composition. Kevin Penkin is literally the only noteworthy man they have.

Skepticism mode back in full force. >_>

Last edited:
I wanna discuss our expectations a little bit. :3
First of all, I’m genuinely surprised by the animation quality, style and overall feel from the scenes we got!

Previews listed:

#first trailer
#second trailer
#hero trailer

The director of TOG, Takashi SANO has experience as a storyboard artist and in keyframe animation for good/great shows (in my opinion): Mahoutsukai no Yome, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Psycho-Pass, Vinland Saga…
If he does his job like when he did as a director on [sadht]Sengoku Basara: Judge End[/sadht], the pacing will be acceptable. (disputatiously, he has little experience as a director)

The pacing, worldbuilding, character development, power level system makes it a so unique and grand webtoon. If one of these cut short, it would certainly abate the sheer quality TOG has.
Hopefully is SIU (author of TOG) included and can give some feedback in the staff meetings, that would be nonetheless reassuring.

Alright, analyzing the previews!
The 3 trailers have given us so far some short animation sneak peeks.
The (character) design, colour choice and the overall atmosphere feel true to the source material. The animation looks great~?
-->They’ve given us scenes with good composition and animation that seems to be full-fledged in every way.
(for example; natural-stylised movements, mouth synchronisation with jaw, detailed micro-animation on: hair, breathing, fast flying objects..., few vector based animation, fitting effects, accurate-in-proportion-eveninthebackground-anatomy, polished - unique backgrounds when focused on it…)
You can see the hard work that they have put in.

Unfortunately, one important thing has not yet been entirely shown, that’s the flow - pace of the animation in actions scenes (feeling of mass) and more narrative-building scenes.

There will be lots of action scenes, even if they decide to make a single cour season. If it is, season one will likely end at the arc ‘Crown Game’, which is 25 chapters into the webtoon (note: TOG chapters are long) --> The scenes from this arc are also shown in the trailers.
If they decide to make a double cour season (possibly, probably ending at arc ‘Submerged Fish’ ~chapter 56), oh boy.. they better be ready °-°

I have a good feeling, I can be wrong.. but let's hope I'm not (for the sake of us all).

Now they’ve announced that Kevin Penkin will compose the music, who’s known for the breathtaking ost in [sadht]Made in Abyss[/sadht].
My happiness is immeasurable and my day is made

Last edited:
PV looked nice, but the point of a PV is to make a show look good. You can make any old shit look good with a well-cut PV.

Even if the show is amazing, it will never last the full length of the material we have now, never mind what's to come now. So what's the point?

Back