Tokyo Revengers

I do like the self-deprecating humor here of MC cringing every five minutes every time he relieves relives his delinquent past. It's wish fulfillment, but it's to fix your adolescence and not to save the world. Save the cheerleader, save the world, but you don't need to win the girl anymore. That's cool. Pretty mature take on the concept, all things considered.

Who wants to bet it was the little brother who pushed MC off the train platform because it was something that needed to happen so he would go back in time?

Although it is a little bit weird that the younger brother would believe him so easily. Anime logic I guess.

Yeah, same. But to be fair, the guy did just save his life and he knows his sister. There wouldn't really be any reason for the little brother to not believe him after all that.

Last edited:
Episode 1
Eveyryone's calling it Erased 2.0. The only difference is the MC peaked in middle school instead of elementary school

Poor guy gets sent to the best time in his life and discovers it's not as great as he though it was. That's rough, buddy

The first episode was quite decent and interesting. Even though many things are still not clear to me I think this anime has potential to get better and better if the things will become clearer later on. We'll see :)

Hmm.
I knew naoto so easily accepting what he told him wouldn't come without caveats, he himself survived but he turned super obsessed with saving his sister. Guess it's good that he has drive and all.

Main dude, I feel like is going to go through a lot of growth from whimp to badass through this show, and I'm interested in seeing that. Regret can do that to a person, given a second chance. But right now, man, I wonder if he's going to get his hair dyed teeth kicked in every episode.

Last edited:
EP 2

a logical setup is hard, they want a story involving these gang guys, but the logical answer is to warn the sister directly of her impending death since warning the brother directly worked...................ah well the forced route seems to come with many super interesting characters so I'll follow along.

02:

Yeah, I have to admit there's a lot of plot convenience going on here because there's about 100 different ways you could dismantle this situation easily without getting involved with a dangerous gang directly. I gotta suspend my disbelief if I think too hard about this or maybe they'll actually come up with some kind of explanation. I still liked this episode though and want to see where it goes, that said the MC isn't the brightest tool in the shed when he asked those gangsters to see their boss. I don't know what he was expecting man, other than to get his ass beat badly. Oof lol

Last edited:
Episode 2

Plot conveniences, better ways to resolve it, etc etc. The bases are already covered.

Episode itself was pretty entertaining. I kind of like seeing the MC repeatedly get his ass kicked and ball his eyes out just to dig deep and stand up for his friend when it counts.

Starting to wonder if his previous involvement with that gang is what somehow leads to the deaths of his ex and her brother.

Episode 2

Starting to wonder if his previous involvement with that gang is what somehow leads to the deaths of his ex and her brother.
I honestly wonder if he's going to get trolled repeatedly with his Ex, where he keeps trying to save her, and she keeps dying in random ways he didn't see coming. That would be a further kick in the balls for him.

I honestly wonder if he's going to get trolled repeatedly with his Ex, where he keeps trying to save her, and she keeps dying in random ways he didn't see coming. That would be a further kick in the balls for him.

I can definitely see that, but even if this anime devolves into repeatedly kicking the MC in the balls, I’m onboard with it.

Shows like this are about exercising our fantasies where we fix our past mistakes. Eventually this kid’s going to drop a new set of stainless steel balls. I’m hoping the end result is he saves the girl, but does not end up with her- because come on, unless you’re my little brother, you don’t end up with your middle school girlfriend- yet he ends up better equipped to deal withlife.

Here’s hoping he learns more than how to take a punch.

I can definitely see that, but even if this anime devolves into repeatedly kicking the MC in the balls, I’m onboard with it.

Shows like this are about exercising our fantasies where we fix our past mistakes. Eventually this kid’s going to drop a new set of stainless steel balls. I’m hoping the end result is he saves the girl, but does not end up with her- because come on, unless you’re my little brother, you don’t end up with your middle school girlfriend- yet he ends up better equipped to deal withlife.

Here’s hoping he learns more than how to take a punch.

I think he will try, from episode 1 when he reflected on his life (exposition). Her as a girlfriend seems to have been his only bright spot. He already shouted that he wouldn't her up again...........He'll try to cling to his last memory where his existence as a whole wasn't shitty.

And Now I'm realizing I never actually watched ep 2, I watched ep 0 which seems to cover what ep 2 did and a bit more....and a bit less

I honestly wonder if Japan has a issue with middle and high school boys having a literal fight club and gangs. There’s always some fact in the fiction but is it like beat a dude half to death with a bat. And then he walks around all bloodied and bruised and NO one calls the cop or ambulance. Life’s gotta be rough for them lol. At least most kids involved in gang violence at my high school had the ambulance called

Episode 2:
Since Takemichi is going to save his girlfriend in the most direct way possible, I can kind of see it going in that direction since he's not very bright. He even got his ass handed to him when he asked the wrong question. Fun real life moment when one of your friends is going to the bathroom during a meeting. But yeah, Takemichi standing up to Kiyomasa in order to protect Takuya during a fight club match was a real bro moment.

Those moments when Takemichi meets up with Hinata are important though. Never lose sight of the goal, even when life hits you with a sledgehammer.(Or a baseball bat) Kiyomasa is such a strong sounding name for a guy, and I thought the name was familiar since that's Senji's last name in Deadman Wonderland.
Still waiting for Takemichi to become Devilman, since he's still just a crybaby. In the meantime I'll just listen to this sexy ending song.

Damn I had a feeling this week's episode would be like this, it's basically episode 0 with a minor added clip here and there, but nothing that adds much at all if you watched that episode. even ended at the same exact place...

Well it's not like I doubted Kiyomasa was built Styrofoam tough, but he really got manhandled by mikey's sandal, and couldn't even take out takemichi with... how many punches was that? Must have been just enough to shake his balls loose enough to finally drop.

Mikey is awful. But at the same time, it's kind of hilarious how they can just get away with anything.

Hina is outrageously brave. Gee I wonder if that kind of balls-y-ness might have related to how she got herself killed.

Episode 3

This anime is ridiculous, but I can't say I'm not fond of it.

Mikey from the future, too? It's a working theory.

Hina is outrageously brave. Gee I wonder if that kind of balls-y-ness might have related to how she got herself killed.
It's a real mystery. I mean, how could she have ever gotten involved with this gang in the first place? Hmmmm... I wonder...

03:

I thought Takemichi had like some kind of plan, but nooooooooopppppeeeeeeee, he just went all gung-ho in there and got his ass beat bad again lol

I have to at least admire his guts and tenacity though, he ain't a good fighter but he's good at tanking hits. Fortunately Mikey and Draken stop by, to swoop in to save him and they're pretty entertaining delinquents with a code of honor. I kind of just laughed out loud honestly with the hallway of random beat up dudes with them dragging Takemichi's ass out of the classroom and they just stepped on those blokes, what the hell are the teachers even doing mang. They're absolute doormats.

Hina's best girl for that slap, she really barely gives a fuck about slapping such a dangerous delinquent.

S8sQwz5.png

This guy right here just radiates huge DOUCHEBAG energy with that smile.

Last edited:
Back