Today I learned (TIL)

Today I learned in my home state of Washington there's a rapist prison island with a bunch of abandoned facilities and houses on it. And this amazing human being literally just... went there, vlogged, camped out for a few nights, played pool, and managed to avoid everyone patrolling the island.
:@_@:

It's called McNeil island, apparently Charles Manson has been locked up there before. He gives some history on it while exploring it and its abandoned buildings and hiding from patrols.

Apparently after this video came out it seriously affected the way things were run there and people there were mad as hell about it XD

One of the best videos I've ever seen

TIL about hermaphrodite lobster. I'm well aware that there are hermaphrodite humans and animals out there though it's surprising with the lobster one.

Yeah, especially when you're starting to feel that again and now you know how to stop it on its tracks before it becomes a full-blown obsession
i hope you do manage to stop it with that knowledge in hand. i personally wasn't able to avoid an obsession even after finding out about it, but maybe my mindset was too weak about it. you just have to fight it like one of those villains who tries to be all like "we're the same you and i" in superhero movies. don't fall for the temptation and all that.

learned about more specific terms under the aroace umbrella that i relate to like
Experiencing romantic attraction without a need or desire for reciprocation.
and
lack the desire to be a participant in sexual activities themselves; however, distinguished by the tendency towards having sexual fantasies at times, despite feeling a disconnect between themselves and a sexual target/object of arousal.

labels are dumb but sometimes they can be fun to look at

TIL: If you have a shellfish allergy, then you should never touch cicada's, cause apparently they will give the same reaction as if you touched/ate shellfish.
(Yeah, I know cicada's are insects... I'm just going by what a poor mother found out the hard way.)

TIL: If you have a shellfish allergy, then you should never touch cicada's, cause apparently they will give the same reaction as if you touched/ate shellfish.
(Yeah, I know cicada's are insects... I'm just going by what a poor mother found out the hard way.)

Shellfish are closely related to insects. Shrimp are sometimes referred to as roaches of the sea.

TIL: Even God hates morning people:
b4321e3ba87370dcf805355698c9ca55a2674dea.jpg

Back