Thunderbolt Fantasy 3

Discussion in 'Currently Airing Anime' started by Zed, Dec 24, 2018.

1. RascaI

RascaI Silver Supporter

Anything to avoid watching an anime huh zed?
    :crying:

MistLiigh likes this.
  2. Zed

Zed Database Moderator

Posted by Zed on Apr 10, 2021
    Did you miss RR postings? This is legally not anime:hamster:

MistLiigh and RascaI like this.
  3. RascaI

RascaI Silver Supporter

well *technically* since the puppets, usually lifeless, are being moved around and treated as if alive on film, which means they are by definition animated, and it was done so by Japanese people, and the word Japan uses for Animation is "anime"

Yes, this is, TECHNICALLY, an anime.

MistLiigh and Zed like this.
  4. RascaI

RascaI Silver Supporter

awesome already, I love all the whip action, very cool. Juan Can Yu really gettin messed up by that whip.

Ebonyslayer and MistLiigh like this.
  5. Ebonyslayer

Ebonyslayer Well-Known Member

Episode 2:
    Those mirrors are going to be important in regards to the story direction. Absolute Emptiness meeting that old blacksmith feels like a big deal since he's going to get a new powerful arm.

It felt nice seeing Enigmatic Wind pulling one on those Xi You soldiers. He was the definition of

But it looks like Song that bring Doom has run into that princess from the Bewitching Melody of the West movie, Derision is her title I think.
    Well, the story is going to be complicated for Song that brings Doom.

Nicknames, MistLiigh and RascaI like this.
  6. RascaI

RascaI Silver Supporter

holy shit, there's flamethrowers.

Also I love how despite being a puppet show this anime has more interesting weapons than 90% of anime I've seen. Always so creative, like that scythe staff.

Looks like there's some murderous internal discord on the side of the evil dudes. I wonder what kinda character hangunha/jun po is gonna turn out to be.

Nicknames and MistLiigh like this.
  7. RascaI

RascaI Silver Supporter

Ah, now the story threads are starting to make more sense in convergence.
    That goddamn creepy princess. Eaugh. How dare she do my boy like that.

Obviously with the saying stuff like "this country must be rebuilt" it was obvious jun po was taking them to somewhere not as straight forward. But this guy's much more of a layered character than he seemed at first, like I expected with the end of last episode. He reminds me of Genichiro from Sekiro.

Boyinaband over here really fucked over cyborg dude. I almost feel bad for him :D

Can't wait to see the rest of this fight next episode.

Ebonyslayer, Nicknames and MistLiigh like this.
  8. Ebonyslayer

Episode 3:
    The story is starting to pick up now.
    I was getting full-on yandere vibes when I saw how Princess Derision was getting all close and personal with Song that brings Doom. Cause she didn't hesitate to stab him so he wouldn't run away.

I had a feeling Absolute Emptiness would betray the old man when he insulted the sword he lost. And now we've gotten some more world building, considering how poorly the kingdom of Xi You is fairing. Since the the king is letting his crazy daughter make all of the decisions. I can see why Hangunha would choose to become a villain to save his country. Unfortunately I don't think letting Plague of Moths and Locusts having the country is such a good idea.
    Been digging Ihyoubyou as a scythe user, reminds me I need to make list of anime scythe users at some point.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  9. 31stCrusade

31stCrusade Well-Known Member

Episode 4:

Pretty sweet fight, but as always Enigmatic Gale steals the show. God, I love watching this man work. His talk no jutsu is too strong.

10. MistLiigh

MistLiigh Well-Known Member

Episode 4:
    Y'know, it finally clicked for me while watching the OP this time that "oh shit, that mysterious and powerful looking woman in the OP has got to be some new form for the Seven Blasphemous Deaths," and this episode basically confirmed it. Granted, I had expected it to come about as a result of the creepy old man still locked in some alternate dimension seeking revenge, but... Xing Hai is actually way, waaaaay worse O-o

Ebonyslayer, Nicknames and RascaI like this.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  11. RascaI

RascaI Silver Supporter

"We both think we're right. Now we just have to see who's more stubborn."

Shang just summed up every fight scene in everything ever. And he just said "I am the senate" with that spinning dive too, I love it when he does that.

The directing in this season seems a lot more clear than the last two seasons, I like a show that can improve as time goes on. It's either that or I'm just used to the breakneck speed of all the cuts, now.

Huang po's outfit and design might be my favorite. He's an interesting character too, but mostly I just keep looking at his badass blue and gold robes.

Augh, the dumbass demon sword is back.

:guqin music stops:

12. Ebonyslayer

Episode 4:
    Did anyone order a three way battle cause we certainly got one. Gotta love Absolute Emptiness's new arm, which can apparently turn into a giant drill sword. Enigmatic Gale was also able to talk his way into convincing Paragon of a hundred battles and Transcendent that he is on their side. The man really does know how to use talk no jutsu. Prominent Coldness really did have to run a marathon to find a doctor. Curious about this blind-folded woman since she's a new character.

But Weeping Night finding the Seven Blasphemous Deaths was not good, cause apparently its one of her sisters.

MistLiigh, RascaI and Nicknames like this.
  13. Nicknames

Nicknames Database Moderator

She's not really a new character, she was in the second movie (the one that's about Lang Wu Yao's past)

Ebonyslayer, MistLiigh and RascaI like this.
  14. RascaI

RascaI Silver Supporter

Posted by RascaI on May 2, 2021

WHAAT THE FUUUCK
    [​IMG]

What kind of merchandising voodoo is this?

15. MistLiigh

MistLiigh Well-Known Member

Episode 5:
    So, apparently Enigmatic Gale invented both nendoroids and walkie-talkies in a single device, back in ancient China. Impressive.

ZetsubouKaiji, Nicknames and RascaI like this.
  16. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

Yeah, apparently he isn't just a hobo with crackpipe after all.

17. RascaI

RascaI Silver Supporter

Yeah after seeing how soldiers are treated i don't blame jun po at all for what he's doing. I still question the people he's using to do it though. Demons are wack, bro.

Nicknames and MistLiigh like this.
  18. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

Episode 6:

Crazy Princess "Yeah, this guy is crazy nutbutters. Give him control of a patrol of soldiers. There is no way this plan will backfire."

19. RascaI

RascaI Silver Supporter

I mean, he has a crown, and even less regard for human life than she does. They were made for each other, if only she was more of a... you know, a sword.

20. Toshimaku

Toshimaku New Member

I’m considering dropping this. I loved the character interactions in the previous seasons but I’m just not getting that in this one. It’s more like the characters are being pulled around by the plot. Disappointed.